S.Hill vs Jefferson Co

JC4life

Science Hill's passing game will be non-existent. Shoun passed for 300 yards last game and has seen almost all of the snap all season. <h1>Two inexperienced sophomores and a wide reciever will try their hand at signal calling. </h1>

All Jeff County has to do is stack the line and let the QBs make mistakes. SH's running back has been injured hisself a game or two this season and has rushed for 100 yards only once i believe.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it is true the O-Line may not be the strongest part of the team and Chris makes yards on sheer talent, please keep in mind these kids were thrown together 5 weeks ago for the first time. Not using that as an excuse but it's a fact and you can't expect them to be clicking on all cylinders in short time and as posted earlier it's hard to picked up everyone when the D is bringing the house even when we are in passing situations. I think they are doing well but did have problems against Karns but so did the D. They should continue to improve over the next 4 weeks and in time for the the playoffs. Hopefully we will develope more of a passing game in the next couple of weeks to make the opposing D pull back some. I think getting Stanley in at TE will help although we are not talking about deep routes but even short routes will eventually open up deepert routes for Acuff and Crouch.

Something that I did see last week during and after the game was bickering between the players themselves. That doesn't fit this team well and I hope we don't see that again. As it has been said many times before this team is full of players who have a lot of heart, unity and desire to win. Players taking it upon themselves to call out other players proves no benefit. Some may call it leadership but leading is not what I saw oir heard. Comment heard "I'm only 1 man I can do the job for all of you", and before assumptions are made it was not a RB talking. Good luck Friday night in Dumplin Valley!!!!

825371025[/snapback]

Great post! I think the o line will continue to improve. Pass blocking is tough to learn--especially maintaining a block long enough to allow the receivers to get into their patterns. Stanley coming in at TE was a good move and Ben seems to be more comfortable throwing (Yes Barnyard, he doesn't throw like Elway or Marino, but Sonny J and Theisman didn't throw the ball the right way either and they were successful--as long as the ball gets there is the point). I think the offense will continue to improve and be a little more balanced just in time for the playoffs.

The cracks in team unity do bother me and are probably the result of two things: an intense, emotionally draining, game and the constant sniping at Coach U by coaching wannabes that some players read or hear. I heard that some players were bothered by some of the comments they were hearing from the stands last Friday night. If we want this team to stumble the rest of the way, the surest thing we can do to make sure that will happen is to keep criticizing the coach publically. NOT ONLY DO WE NEED TO PROTECT THIS HOUSE, WE NEED TO PROTECT THIS TEAM. There are ways to disagree that show respect and a degree of humility and there are also ways to disagree that say more about the critic than they do about the one being criticized. Such was the case last Friday night as a group of fans demonstrated a lack of class that will keep this program from ever having the perennial success of a DB or Maryville. Some folks just need to grow up!

The cracks in team unity do bother me and are probably the result of two things:  an intense, emotionally draining, game and the constant sniping at Coach U by coaching wannabes that some players read or hear. 

I agree 100%, fans should show class and in no-way snipe at the coaches. However, were 3-3, I think most agree that we shouldn't be. It's hard to put a happy face on it. Oh, we can all smile and say "lets be all positive", the fact remains that we are 3-3. It's hard to put a smily face on that. The players aren't stupid, they know we are one dimensional on offense, yet no changes. I think that's called stuborn, what I don't like about this, the team suffers. Am I correct in saying that 2 of our wins and one of our losses are against 4A teams. The coach can stop all the critics, add something to the offense, make personel changes if needed.

I agree 100%, fans should show class and in no-way snipe at the coaches. However, were 3-3, I think most agree that we shouldn't be. It's hard to put a happy face on it. Oh, we can all smile and say "lets be all positive", the fact remains that we are 3-3. It's hard to put a smily face on that. The players aren't stupid, they know we are one dimensional on offense, yet no changes. I think that's called stuborn, what I don't like about this, the team suffers. Am I correct in saying that 2 of our wins and one of our losses are against 4A teams. The coach can stop all the critics, add something to the offense, make personel changes if needed.

825371231[/snapback]

Never said you couldn't disagree with the coach's decisions--just do it in a way that shows respect and humility. The things some fans were saying the other night were indefensible and unnecessary. Losses are only one way a team suffers. If you go through a tough season but hang in there together, the players have won regardless of the record. But if you go through a tough season and everything turns negative, everybody loses. I'm just asserting that a lack of respect that begins to infect the players will kill the rest of this season when they are capable of winning out and surprising a few folks in the play-offs. Are they better than 3-3? Of course, but I haven't seen the coach make one tackle, one block, one run, or one pass this season--players have to execute regardless. Missed tackles and missed blocks cost us the last game--there's little coach could have done during the game to change that. Do I wish we had a little more balance on offense? Of course, just read my past posts. But I also know Rome wasn't built in a day and I saw a few things last game that indicate to me that we are working on a opening some things up. The kind of offense we run is not complicated and does depend on the tailback to carry the ball 25-35 times a game. That will not change. We've average 24 points a game--not what I would exactly call an anemic offense. In the DB game we had it in the red zone three times in the first half, Shivy had over a hundred yards but we didn't execute when the chips were down. In the second half, just one block on a linbacker and Shivy's off to the races. I don't believe that coach has ever had the wrong game plan (the closest would be the 2nd half of the DB game); we've just failed to execute when the pressure is on. BTW, Acuff was wide open on the two point play--one missed block, a failure to execute, changed it all.

he didnt let them choose he put them where he thought was best for the team

825370960[/snapback]

Well, I was told a different story. My source told me that coach U made the decision to go to the two platoon system after the Rhea Co game, and that the players chose offense or D. Maybe I got the story wrong who knows, but I do think that the two platoon sysytem is working very well. I wish we had gone to it sooner, so the young o-line would have had more time together.

BTW why do all the Jeff Co vs whoever threads always turn into a coaching arguement, can`t we just one time have a thread all about the actual game?

Edited by JC4life

Boola Boola!!

JC vs JC... that's double dippin', ditto vs ditto. All of the talk down at the Easy Snooze Hotel (and talk is cheap and there is plenty of it) is that JC will win. Gaf, Gaf!!

In the famous words of Capt. Hook "Shiver me tembers!!" City Slickers by TD

Boola Boola!!

825371724[/snapback]

wtf on the boola boola crap! what is this science hill language? come on speak some ENGLISH, we are in America and English is the native language for our country. I say that Jeff Co. will win just b/c it is a must win and plus its at LeRoy Shannon field in the heart of Dumplin Valley. I would expect the fog to start rollin in around the middle of the 3rd quarter like always from mossy creek. Its always comforting to see that fog come over LS field and look at the score board and see the good guys up and the ball stayin on the ground grinding out the clock. Looking across the field and seeing the opposing coaches realize that they need a stop and for the clock to stop, but don't want to burn a timeout but this year shiverdecker will keep that clock running and get in the endzone to put Jeff Co up by 7 more and put even more pressure on the opponent and the fog getting thicker and thicker over the visiting side of the field. Go Pats and take one to the house for the JCT.

Never said you couldn't disagree with the coach's decisions--just do it in a way that shows respect and humility.  The things some fans were saying the other night were indefensible and unnecessary.  Losses are only one way a team suffers.  If you go through a tough season but hang in there together, the players have won regardless of the record.  But if you go through a tough season and everything turns negative, everybody loses.  I'm just asserting that a lack of respect that begins to infect the players will kill the rest of this season when they are capable of winning out and surprising a few folks in the play-offs.  Are they better than 3-3?  Of course, but I haven't seen the coach make one tackle, one block, one run, or one pass this season--players have to execute regardless.  Missed tackles and missed blocks cost us the last game--there's little coach could have done during the game to change that. Do I wish we had a little more balance on offense?  Of course, just read my past posts.  But I also know Rome wasn't built in a day and I saw a few things last game that indicate to me that we are working on a opening some things up.  The kind of offense we run is not complicated and does depend on the tailback to carry the ball 25-35 times a game.  That will not change.  We've average 24 points a game--not what I would exactly call an anemic offense.  In the DB game we had it in the red zone three times in the first half, Shivy had over a hundred yards but we didn't execute when the chips were down.  In the second half, just one block on a linbacker and Shivy's off to the races.  I don't believe that coach has ever had the wrong game plan (the closest would be the 2nd half of the DB game); we've just failed to execute when the pressure is on.  BTW, Acuff was wide open on the two point play--one missed block, a failure to execute, changed it all.

825371578[/snapback]

Good Post, good argument, point well taken.

Well, I was told a different story. My source told me that coach U made the decision to go to the two platoon system after the Rhea Co game, and that the players chose offense or D. Maybe I got the story wrong who knows, but I do think that the two platoon sysytem is working very well. I wish we had gone to it sooner, so the young o-line would have had more time together.

Not to doubt you but I don't know of any coach in this day in age would after the season starts pull his players together and say "Hey guys where do you want to play O or D and that's where I'll put you". I think Coach U looked at the players in the 4th quarter of the Rhea Co. game and saw them sucking bad air even after all the conditioning he had put them through in the Summer and it caught him by surprise. He realized he could not rely on 12-15 players to get him through a season so he had to make changes. The coaches watched film till the wee hours of the morning after that game and determined where the playersa should be and then determined who to put in place. I think if there was ever such a thing as a good loss (which there isn't) that that loss helped in that aspect to where our D is as good as it is today. The O-line will continue to improve.

I think you are right but the coaches had started to make a change even before the Rhea County game. I know Crouch was going both ways but was pulled off of defense before the first game and little Acuff put in--it scared some of us to death at the time but seems to have worked out just fine--not sure about a couple of the linemen. Some of us were just remembering secondary problems from the year before and that early change stuck out like a sore thumb but the coach's decision seems to have worked out and hasn't cost us at all. The platoon system is supposed to help us in the fourth quarter and we did almost make a frantic comeback in the last game! Maybe having fresher legs will be a big advantage by year's end. Now let's kick some SH butt!

Edited by hsfbinsider10