Best team in the state

adidas23

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville!!!  I agree with maryvillerebels, Melrose needs to prove themselves before they can say their anything great.  I mean sure they have some good athletes but alot of teams have good athletes.  We will just see in Decemeber where they are at.

825365894[/snapback]

Talk about proving yourselves! Maryville has played, hmm, let's see:

A rebuilding Morristown West team

They played alright against a pretty good Powell team!

They played, uh, Halls!

0 - 6 William Blount! (I thought WB was at least decent, then they lost to Farragut)

I'd honestly go the lengths to say that the best team Maryville has played is Alcoa, but hey, who knows? Or cares!

Flipping it around....Melrose has played, and beaten:

A VERY good 5A team in Whitehaven

A Briarcrest team that dominated Christian Brothers

And...uh...Wooddale.

Don't forget...Hamilton?

Nonetheless!! Your lack of knowledge concerning West TN football (as cluttered and no-named as it may be) still doesn't label Melrose as needing to prove themselves. And hey, they've won a few state championships too, you know.

In the mean-time, I guess this Blount-County native should be on the lookout for mean comments from Maryville fans! To them, I say bring it on! Be sure to type on those keyboards very hard, to get your point across!

HEYOH

-------------

I LOVE MARYVILLE FOOTBALL, HONESTLY

Talk about proving yourselves!  Maryville has played, hmm, let's see:

A rebuilding Morristown West team

They played alright against a pretty good Powell team!

They played, uh, Halls!

0 - 6 William Blount!  (I thought WB was at least decent, then they lost to Farragut)

I'd honestly go the lengths to say that the best team Maryville has played is Alcoa, but hey, who knows?  Or cares!

Flipping it around....Melrose has played, and beaten:

A VERY good 5A team in Whitehaven

A Briarcrest team that dominated Christian Brothers

And...uh...Wooddale.

Don't forget...Hamilton?

Nonetheless!!  Your lack of knowledge concerning West TN football (as cluttered and no-named as it may be) still doesn't label Melrose as needing to prove themselves.  And hey, they've won a few state championships too, you know.

In the mean-time, I guess this Blount-County native should be on the lookout for mean comments from Maryville fans!  To them, I say bring it on!  Be sure to type on those keyboards very hard, to get your point across!

HEYOH

-------------

I LOVE MARYVILLE FOOTBALL, HONESTLY

825365929[/snapback]

What has Melrose done in the past that could equal Maryville? What can they do now that can beat Maryville? Nothing. You haven't proven yourself at all so far. We can and will kick that bass. You'll see.

What has Melrose done in the past that could equal Maryville?  What can they do now that can beat Maryville? Nothing.  You haven't proven yourself at all so far.  We can and will kick that bass.  You'll see.

825366095[/snapback]

Woah, was I on the money or what? A reply which bleeds bizarre rage and unprovoked fury! Atlantic City is calling me, but first, be honored that I'd reply to your post!

First off, Melrose has plenty of playoff appearances, a few state titles, and I'd go to lengths to say the sheer name recognition that Maryville does...just a little lower, and mostly around West TN. Now, if you recall, I never said Melrose was better than Maryville, I was just pointing out what seemed to be an ironic point of view in the sense that this particular Melrose team hasn't proven themselves this year *THUS FAR*. The addition of asterisks means emphasis, ladies and gentlemen! But you are correct, Maryville has more playoff appearances, more state titles, but who's to say Melrose hasn't proven themselves this year? Certainly not you!

Now, as far as what Melrose can do to beat Maryville, who knows. They can pull a Morristown West last year, a Morristown West the year before, and, in my opinion, a Hillsboro the last time Maryville won state, and outplay them (Maryville). You act as if it can't be done! Insanity! There are a few better teams in 4A than Knox Central this year (Maryville's toughest challenge), and I believe Melrose might be one of them!

You right, sir, I haven't proven myself this year. I'm behind on the car payment, I thought Mrs. Joke and myself were cool on buying the boat, but that fell through, and the layoffs at work have caused a lot of rescheduling problems, of which I, and only I, have to deal with. Don't worry about me, though, I have tremendous job security.

Melrose, on the other hand, has defeated a couple of great teams. If you read my previous post, you may be able to understand this.

As for kicking bass and me looking at things, that's fine and dandy, but the bottom line is Maryville is the team to beat this year, no doubt about it. But to say Melrose may not be equally as capable, you could wind up being sadly mistaken.

By the way, you must type on your keyboard harder to get your point across! ho ho!

HEYOH

------------

HERE IS YOUR TURBO LOVER