Greenbrier Vs. Sycamore

Yankees Are #1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember last year.... rumors were flying around about Garza and a hurt shoulder. it was posted that he wouldn't play but he showed up and played. The whole thing was a hoax.

i don't buy it...if he plays he plays, if he dont he dont...he did get helped off the field last year at Greenbrier and the rumor was a concussion. i think he sat out the following game against Giles Co.

I look for this to be a true Wild West Showdown.

The Gunslinger (Garza) vs. The trusty Steed (Herndon)

Im predicting a tight game once again, lots of offense for both sides. These two teams put up a pair of classics last year, and I look for this year to be no different. I just glad its their homecoming this time and not ours!

Greenbrier - 28

Sycamore - 21

The record for Sycamore doesn't show that they are a good team.... but any team who as a talented quarterback like Garza has a legit shot to win every friday night. He likes to pass, often, and that will be first on the prioritiy list to shutdown in order to win this game.

uawake2:

I remember last year.... rumors were flying around about Garza and a hurt shoulder. it was posted that he wouldn't play but he showed up and played. The whole thing was a hoax.

i don't buy it...if he plays he plays, if he dont he dont...he did get helped off the field last year at Greenbrier and the rumor was a concussion. i think he sat out the following game against Giles Co.

Rumors did fly once he was put out and again in the playoffs. Garza is an easy target to put out. Keep hittin him and he'll crumble apart.

A win here will give us great momentum leading into our Comcast Game Of The Week with Page in next week!

I was also glad to see Dustin (#57) walking around friday night. I hope he gets back soon.

If I recall, Sycamore generally plays Greenbrier the week after Page, so yes, Garza has been banged around a bit.

It's a big game - it's homecoming. I think Sycamore will remember the magic they had when they beat Marshall Co last year in another big game with lots of ceremony, senior night. These guys are tough. Plus there's some feelings of revenge after last year's playoffs. It will definitely be an exciting game.

Greenbrier[/url'>Fball' date='Oct 4 2004 - 09:09 PM']Rumors did fly once he was put out and again in the playoffs.  Garza is an easy target to put out.  Keep hittin him and he'll crumble apart.

A win here will give us great momentum leading into our Comcast Game Of The Week with Page in next week!

I was also glad to see Dustin (#57) walking around friday night.  I hope he gets back soon.

825367865[/snapback]

I think your off-base on this one and I really don't know what you're basing this statement on. I'd put Garza's toughness and will to win up against any of the QBs that we'll face. With the offense that he runs, he's more apt to take some hard shots.

The "Comcast" game with Page means nothing at this point. The only thing that the Cats need to be focusing on is Sycamore.

I have no doubt that everyone will get their "moneys worth" at this game Friday night. Sycamore and Greenbrier always play each other with everything they have and I believe we would be hard pressed to have found 2 more exciting games than we had against one another last year. We look forward to hosting the game this year and welcome our Robertson County neighbors to Spangler Stadium. May God Bless and protect each of the young men on the field on Friday evening and GO WAR EAGLES!!

I was way out of line with that post that I made earlier. I completely made a mockery of myself and I feel I owe an apology to the Greenbrier Fans and of course to the Sycamore Fans and thier Faithful. I resent these remarks wholeheartedly and look forward to a great game on friday night.

I simply misinterpreted myslef in what I wanted to say. I in no way meant that, but what is said is said and I am sorry, I must watch myself from now on.

Once again CBarkley, NoDoubt, and everyone please ignore my ignorance...

Edited by GreenbrierFball