Top 5 Teams In 1A?

BravesFan062

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did Coalfield and mt. pleasant come from? They would have no chance against Boyd, DCA, or CPA.

825368600[/snapback]

Coalfield has been around for nearly 75 years. They have just been down for the last few years. Playoff Years: 1979,1981,1987,1989,1990,1991,1992,1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,2000,2001,2002

Years in Playoffs: 16

They also have a State Baseball championship and as many if not more appearances in district, regional, sectional and final four in that sport.

It is called tradition around here. BTW, they have been in the baseball play offs with Mt. Pleasant also.

Webb School of Knoxville counted them out one year also and went home crying. you guys can do the same.

I agree with many of your pics and here are mine.

1.Boyd-Buchanan-The Bucs are the defending state champs and have been in the boro the last 2 years, losing the first one in over time to an impressive CPA team. Until they come clos to losing a 1A game then they are the best team in 1A. They have not lost a 1A game since that lost to CPA and have been rolling over 1A teams since.

2. DCA- Runner up last year and are undefeated this year, may fall if they suffer a loss to CPA. Looked ok against an average JCS team. For them to play with Boyd they will have to do much better than what I saw against JCS.

3. CPA- A powerhouse in 1A losing only to Riverdale (powerhouse in 5A). It looks like the winner of CPA vs. DCA will win their region and will most likely represent the west in the boro.

4. USJ- Will win their region and should role until they meet CPA or DCA. Still a good shot at the boro.

5. Mt. Pleasent- Even though I never even heard of this team until this year they seem to making a statement in their region play. Someone made the comment that they have the best atheletes in 1A. If they have better athletes then the teams above them on my list they sould win it all, but I doubt that will happen.

As for those who think there is a team better than Boyd-Buchanan in the east you need to reconsider. The past two years BBS has made a mockery of the other teams representing the regions in the east and this year it probably wont be any different. GO BUCS!!!

It looks like two of the best games in the state will be on October 22 when DCA and CPA play and Mt. Pleasant and Wayne County play. Does the basketball player that transferred from Collinwood play football for Wayne Co. also? Davidson Academy can't be overlooked by anybody and seem to be on a roll with their new coach, and Friendship is steamrolling with only a loss to JP II. Looks like Mt. Pleasant is for real from the article in the Tennessean today.

1.Boyd

2.CPA

3.DCA

4.USJ

5....Davidson or Mt. pleasant????

i think davidson has a decent team this year and has been overlooked, their record may look bad but remember they are in a region with some of the best teams in 1a, this fridays game against cpa will show how good or bad they are. I have a hard time giving Mt pleasant alot of credit because of their schedule. I do think they have alot of talent....I cant wait until they meet up with one of these other private schools

1a is shaping out to be the most interesting, with all the other districts being dominated by 1 or 2 teams

CPA, DCA, Mt. Pleasent, Boyde, and Wayne County

I agree totally that 1a is going to be the most interesting. I've listed my picks, but I've seen CPA, Mt. Pleasent, and Wayne county play some awsome games...but CPA and all these great private schools better watch these small public schools they've got something not seen in awhile from them.... (I'm talkin Mt. Pleasent and WC)...

i have seen most of these teams.

wayne co & coalfield simply dont have the total athleticism to play with the privates. havent seen mt pleasant play, but i know they come closest to having the athletes. they are cursed by that 10 team region which prevents them scheduling opponents that would get them ready for the privates.

1) you could throw a blanket over cpa & boyd buch.

3) usj doesnt look to be there, but they are about due.

4) dca also has a chance, but a tough playoff road after game 1,

and they do have some weaknesses.

ought to be some good games once the publics are all eliminated.