TN High School Top 25

basketballisbest

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think last year's record is still influencing those polls. People who know football, realize that some of these teams have had great freshman teams for several years and that is why they are suddenly rising to the top.

For example, the DII teams are struggling a little more this year and these polls continue to give them too much credence. At the same time, as mnewballer suggested, teams like Ooltewah, Soddy, Franklin and others are not yet getting the respect they should get in the polls.

Wins/losses against strength of schedule can't be figured in yet, because a region like 2-5A hasn't yet had its top teams playing each other. That doesn't start until the week after this one.

I would love to see Riverdale and Dobyns Bennett play any of the DII schools that get so much press. I think both of these schools and probably Maryville would all beat the DII schools this year.

All of these people try and argue that DII is down, how so. Who has beaten anyone in DII (other than Ryan) besides a DII team. McCallie, who is probably the best team in Chattanooga after beating Tyner and Central, lost to MBA, one of the best teams in Nashville. Does that make McCallie a down team. CBHS beats strong DI teams in East, Whitehaven and Germantown, but then loses to DII Briarcrest. Does that make them Down? MBA, riddled with injuries, loses the opener to a very tough Trinity team, but since then is undefeated and yet to be beaten by a team from TN. How can you say that they are down. BA beats Oakland and Centennial before losing to two DII teams. No one can argue that DII is down. There is parity in DII this year, something that has not happened in recent years, not a lower level of play.

Edited by Redtwin

1.FULTON

2.Riverdale

3.Maryville

4.Farragut

5.Catholic

6.Soddy-Daisy

7.Unaka

8.Coalfield

9.Tennessee High

10.Sullivan East

11.Austin-East

12.Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett

13.Central

14.Webb

15.West

16.Alcoa

17.Tyner

18.David Lipscomb

19.Rockwood

20.Johnson County

21.Boyd-Buchanan

22.Midway

23.South Greene

24.Sullivan East

25.Portland

GO FULTON HIGH SCHOOL FALCONS!

1. Maryville-4A-(7-0) Too strong for anyone except maybe Riverdale. Best coaching staff in the state. Cade Thompson, QB, has only lost 2 games in 4 years at QB! Coach Quarles has only lost 7 or 8 and won 70 in 8 years at Maryville. Riverdale is probably the only team in the state that can stop us this year.

2. Riverdale-5A-(7-0) Too strong for everyone else besides Maryville. Great coaching and athletes. Unless a miracle, they will bring home the gold in 5A.

3. Kingsport DB-5A-(6-0) Don't know much about them except they are good every year and are deff. good this year.

4. Melrose-4A-(6-0) Great Athletes. Fans say they would kill Maryville. If they are good enough to make it to the boro, they will see just how wrong they were.

5. Oak Ridge-5A-(5-1) Very good team. Only loss to DB. Great Coaching.

6. Ootelwah-5A-(6-0)

7. Franklin-5A-(6-0)

8. Tennessee-4A-(6-0)

9. Soddy Daisy-5A-(6-0)

10. Hillwood-4A-(6-0)

11. Haywood-4A-(6-0)

12. Antioch-5A-(5-1)

13. Smyrna-5A-(6-1)

14. Alcoa-2A-(5-1)

15. Austin-East-3A-(6-0)

16. White House-4A-(6-0)

17. Farragut-5A-(6-0)

18. Gallatin-5A-(5-1)

19. Jackson Central-Merry-4A-(6-1)

20. Stratford-4A-(6-0)

21. Knox Central-4A-(5-1)

22. Sullivan East-4A-(6-0)

23. Huntingdon-2A-(5-1)

24. Knox West-4A-(5-1)

25. Heritage-5A-(0-6)-lol

***I didn't include II-A schools because I don't know much about them. I didn't think anyone from 1A could beat anyone on the list (excluding Heritage)

1. Maryville-4A-(7-0)  Too strong for anyone except maybe Riverdale.  Best coaching staff in the state.  Cade Thompson, QB, has only lost 2 games in 4 years at QB!  Coach Quarles has only lost 7 or 8 and won 70 in 8 years at MaryvilleRiverdale is probably the only team in the state that can stop us this year.

2. Riverdale-5A-(7-0)  Too strong for everyone else besides Maryville.  Great coaching and athletes.  Unless a miracle, they will bring home the gold in 5A.

3. Kingsport DB-5A-(6-0)  Don't know much about them except they are good every year and are deff. good this year.

4. Melrose-4A-(6-0)  Great Athletes.  Fans say they would kill Maryville.  If they are good enough to make it to the boro, they will see just how wrong they were.

5. Oak Ridge-5A-(5-1)  Very good team.  Only loss to DB.  Great Coaching.

6. Ootelwah-5A-(6-0)

7. Franklin-5A-(6-0)

8. Tennessee-4A-(6-0)

9. Soddy Daisy-5A-(6-0)

10. Hillwood-4A-(6-0)

11. Haywood-4A-(6-0)

12. Antioch-5A-(5-1)

13. Smyrna-5A-(6-1)

14. Alcoa-2A-(5-1)

15. Austin-East-3A-(6-0)

16. White House-4A-(6-0)

17. Farragut-5A-(6-0)

18. Gallatin-5A-(5-1)

19. Jackson Central-Merry-4A-(6-1)

20. Stratford-4A-(6-0)

21. Knox Central-4A-(5-1)

22. Sullivan East-4A-(6-0)

23. Huntingdon-2A-(5-1)

24. Knox West-4A-(5-1)

25. Heritage-5A-(0-6)-lol

***I didn't include II-A schools because I don't know much about them.  I didn't think anyone from 1A could beat anyone on the list (excluding Heritage)

825368623[/snapback]

How would Greenbrier be ranked 2nd in the state in 3A, 10th in the mid-state overall, with only one loss to White House, and not be listed?

825368758[/snapback]

Obviously, the "Pollmaker" hasn't done his homework. When this many good teams are left off the poll, it seems to be a matter of opinion rather than statitstics. If someone can "mention" a team and be added, that doesn't hold much weight in my book---but then that's MY opinion.