District 7A

7ABasketball

Whats everyone's thoughts about 7A this season. Pickett County seems to be the favorite, but they may be challenged. Clarkrange will be mature and better this year. Red Boiling Springs may surprise everyone again. Clay County lost the meat of their team. Monterey, Hermitage Springs.....

Who are the top players for each team? Who has the toughest schedule?

Edited by 7ABasketball

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats everyone's thoughts about 7A this season. Pickett County seems to be the favorite, but they may be challenged. Clarkrange will be mature and better this year. Red Boiling Springs may surprise everyone again. Clay County lost the meat of their team. Monterey, Hermitage Springs.....

825369245[/snapback]

This will be my first year in 7A as my son and another boy transferred to Clay County from Jackson County so it should be lots of fun to watch. Pickett is definately the favorite and from what i've seen they deserve the ranking. They are a solid team, it will take a good team to beat them thats for sure. Clay County is loaded with juniors including my son along with Saylor Walden, and Bobby Knight (Jackson Co. transfer), so they should be tough as well and RBS looks like another team with potential, they have one big kid on there thats a good player, i seen them at camp. Not sure about the rest, i don't know much about Clarkrange or the others but i am looking forward to some exciting basketball this year and coming up to Pickett Co. should be fun! Hey maybe i could get some golf lessons from the Mason boys while i'm up there? thumb

825369245[/snapback]

I know this does not directly apply to basketball but "Does Pickett still have a JV football program???" If so, how will this affect their basketball program down the road?

Edited by ELA

Why should it affect their basketball program?

Just curious.

825369903[/snapback]

It shouldn't... but I had heard a rumor that some had wanted to drop it because they feared it might??? I don't even know if they had a team this year?

It shouldn't... but I had heard a rumor that some had wanted to drop it because they feared it might??? I don't even know if they had a team this year?

825369922[/snapback]

I heard the same rumor. Not sure if it is true. I know the football team is just getting started and they have a lot to learn. Byrdstown will always be a basketball town I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Pickett has to be a huge favorite, not just for the district but for the state title. Clay county has a great coach, so later in the season I'd watch out for them. Joseph Bailey should be Mr. Basketball and Josh Wright is another tremendous player on a team loaded with talent. The freshmen players could start on other teams.

Picket will be tough this year w/o a doubt...but watch our for RBS and Clay...Clay always seems to find a way to do some damage and RBS will compete and hang w/ and possibly could beat Picket co...I dunno...I think it's up for grabs until the teams play...

825383974[/snapback]

Yes it should be a very good district this year. It will be my first experience with 7A as most everyone knows my son and Bobby Knight have transferred to Clay Co. this year so i am looking forward to some great games. I still have to give the edge to Pickett Co. this year as they are loaded, i think everyone that starts for Clay Co. this year is a junior so the next two years should be really good ones for them. I know that RBS has a good squad as well, and Clarkrange always fields a good team, does anyone know anything about Monterey or Hermitage Springs?