District 7A

7ABasketball

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swanson the success of RBS hinges on one thing this year. It may not sound like a big deal, but Meador's free throw shooting will dictate how far the Bulldogs go. He killed them last year against Pickett County. I am not taking anything away from him, because he is a great player. However, if he could somehow shoot 75% from the charity stripe then i would predict RBS to go very far come tourney time.

I would imagine RBS beating Clarkrange out for 2nd...

825397952[/snapback]

I don't doubt your expertise swanson, however Pickett is the clear favorite, but having watched RBS and Clay Co. play this summer i don't see how RBS is going to compete against Clay, i may be wrong but the only one that impressed me was the Meador kid other than that they have no one that will scare opposing teams. I don't see them matching up with Clay Co or Pickett for that matter and i have no idea about Clarkrange, i do know that my son and the other transfer from Jackson County were sophomores and starters on a team that beat Clarkrange, but it was a close game that could have went either way. Just my observations i could be wrong. thumb

Meador is a player...he's tough...Bailey is good at that...in my eyes...they are both prolly the best players in the district w/o a doubt...maybe even the region...Meador will get better at his free throws...But Matt Heady will be there...he's a good player but he set out all last season and will need to get back in the groove of things...so he's one to watch out for...and they'll need a few more players to step up...but I will say this...I believe if RBS looses heady or meador they'll be in trouble...but if they stay healthy and Heady's knee stays good...they will be able to compete w/ every team in that region including Pickett co...and the reason I say if they lose one of them is last year when heady got hurt they struggled...they really only played w/ 4 players...and competed w/ the other teams but had trouble beating them...and when Meador got hurt and missed the game against Clarkrange...RBS got beat and played just awful that game...but we'll see how things come out when the season starts...

Edited by swanson71

Well it will be interesting for sure this year, one thing about it the games aren't played on paper, so we'll just have to wait and see, i do know this Clay Co. is loaded with juniors so next year will be very exciting! lol By the way my youngest son, who is in the 6th grade (he plays for Jackson County's 8th grade team) will be playing against RBS's 8th grade team on Thursday any predictions on this game? lol

Edited by devilfanatic

I like Pickett as the #1 team in the district. I think they are very beatable but they're still the top team right now. CCHS is #2 with 4 starting juniors and 1 senior (you forgot me devilfanatic :D ). Nathan Strong will also be back so we have another big man. I haven't seen Clarkrange play much but I give them the nod at #3. #4 is RBS though i think they could slide to #5. They have Meador and Heady and that is it. It may sound easy to just get the ball up the court and get it in the post but this team will have trouble doing that. At camp this summer Dexter White (RBS PG) turned the ball over at least 3 times just bringing the ball up the court all by himself. If someone puts a good press on RBS I could see them have 30-40 turnovers in one game. Added to that is the fact that Meador has a lot of trouble shooting free throws and hack-a-meador will work great for any team that needs to do it. I haven't seen Monterey or HS play so I can't say much about them. I'll say Monterey #5 and HS #6.

I say Meador's free throw's will improve...but I don't think you can count on the summer...thats just learning from my view point...but I Clay having a bunch of jr's...they seem a lil young...this is my pre season picks...

#1 Picket Co...I dont wanna go against my boys at RBS but I pick'em as I see'em...

#2 RBS- I'm going by Meador and Heady taking the team and hoping they will feel the spots

#3 Clay - seem young to me...w/ 4 jr starters...i'll pick'em to win it next year...

#4 Clarkrange- I don't know anything about this team...but i'm sure they will be able to beat Monterey and HS...

#5 HS- I think they will beat monterey this year...

#6 Monterey...Could be a close one w/ HS...

when is juniors young, they all have playing experience, but I agree with your top four, it is going to be interesting to find out how they finish, it should make for some real good games this winter, looks like HS and Monterey fighting for the fifth spot and hoping for an upset in the tournament to make an appearance in the region, I've heard HS has some new players out don't knoe if it will make an difference or not, and Monterey always play hard, but the top four are in class of their own,