District 7A

7ABasketball

Yes it should be a very good district this year.  It will be my first experience with 7A as most everyone knows my son and Bobby Knight have transferred to Clay Co. this year so i am looking forward to some great games.  I still have to give the edge to Pickett Co. this year as they are loaded, i think everyone that starts for Clay Co. this year is a junior so the next two years should be really good ones for them.  I know that RBS has a good squad as well, and Clarkrange always fields a good team, does anyone know anything about Monterey or Hermitage Springs?

825384447[/snapback]

I don't think you gotta worry about monterey or HS...they have a decent team maybe once every 10 years...lol...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the new coach at HS is Mike Sneed, as with most new coaches excited about his team as should be any coach, I know he has a lot of kids out for the team don't know if any of them can play or not, but maybe a new start can help HS, the district as usually is strong from top to bottom,

Monterey and Hermitage Springs both have had good teams in the last few years. Monterey started the season 7-0, 3 or 4 seasons ago and was one of the top teams around that year. But, Pickett Co. had a great team that year and went to the state. Hermitage Springs also a had a couple very good years with the Craighead young man. I believe they were 3rd in the district. They may not be good this season, but Monterey may be good with a young team.

Pickett should run the table in the district and be one of the top teams in the state in 1a!!! RBS will have tough time this season and i will tell you why, RBS has Daniel Meador and Matt Heady and after them two, RBS is in trouble after losing Marcus Hudson, Jay Mason and Joe England to graduation!! Last season after Heady went down, teams were matching up their 5 players on the other 4 for RBS and letting RBS's 5th player go! And this year RBS doesnt have 4 players that can beat most other teams 5! For RBS to be successful, the guards have to be able to get the ball to Meador and Heady and when they are doubled the guards need to be able to knock down big shots to keep the other teams honest and the kid that was coming off the bench last year, White, just couldnt hit the big shot! But I am looking forward to seeing what the other kids can do like Dustin Dozier and Tyson Jenkins along with a few others! Hopefully, Owens has worked these boys hard over the summer and they are ready to surprise some teams and it will be great to see some of the younger kids step up and have an impact on this season! Good Luck To All!!!!!

Well after Heady did go down I don't think they had that 2nd post down low...and that hurt them...that also believe that hurt them the year before last when they had Meador as the only post...But this year I think that they'll get the ball down the court and get it inside to meador and heady...I believe RBS is more than alright this year, but if they do lose one of them, meador and heady, they'll be in trouble...

Losing Marcus and Jay also hurt the baseball team this year too...its gonna be tough w/o them...just thought I would throw that in...

Three quick comments...

1. Bailey Could be a Mr. Basketball this year if he stays healthy. He is a great player and can take over a game.

2. I would pick Clarkrange 2nd in this district....Clay County has a lot of new faces and is without the Stephens kid and RBS is just not very deep.

3. Monterey will be pitiful again this year...unless they recruit some of their football players to come play basketball. They have some athletes down there.