Cannon co football coach

Bigtimer

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannon County always has some huge boys on their team! What they lack is speed and overall numbers. The facility is more like a single A field but that could change in time. I don't know anything about the men who coach the program so I will not comment on them but in the years that I have seen them play they seem to give it all they have but are just limited because of a lack of speed and numbers.

it has been a while back. not sure how many years.

the field was down in a bottom, and had a cable between the bleachers and the bench, instead of a fence.

they played a strange selection of music over the speakers, including bagpipe music (not live bagpipers), and also what i thought was slim whitman.

a player got hurt, and as he was taken off the field, they played "happy trails".

it was a very different experience.

i am fairly certain it was cannon county.

do you remember having a football field like that?

CC just needs a better county football program. get them goin while they r young. then when they get to high school they will have some clue to what they r doing.

825379509[/snapback]

I totally agree with Sleep. Does CC not have a feeder program? To me this would be the first step to revitalize your program. Every school I know of has some type of youth program. Sometimes you hear of a player that has no knowledge of football until he reaches h.s. make a pretty good player. But never a complete program that's unheard of this day and time. That would be the first step that I would take without that the future of CC football will continue to go down.

I am not on here trying to talk smack or anything but after last night after being at your field I just left with just a sad feeling for you boys. Your school looked great and by the looks of that most of the time there is an awesome stadium to back that up. Like Upperman for instance excellent stadium. Myself and others just couldn't understand why there isn't more put into your football program. Those boys for CC were playing their best and with heart and you could see that. Even on such a cold night we still had our fans with us. They didn't have that backup for them as they should have I think that the community there should back those boys up more and find a cure for this problem because those boys were not that bad. There needs to be something done. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything I hope I didn't offend anyone I just think this is sad and makes me thankful for where that I am from. Good luck CC for the remainder of your season.

AMEN!! Thank you for finally realizing this. Maybe others will soon figure that out, too. And no, we don't have a Jr. High or Middle School football, because, well, we don't have a Jr. High or a Middle School! We just have six grammar schools that are K-8, and then from there, everybody just goes to the high school. Simple as that. Anyway, for what it's worth, GO LIONS!

AMEN!! Thank you for finally realizing this. Maybe others will soon figure that out, too. And no, we don't have a Jr. High or Middle School football, because, well, we don't have a Jr. High or a Middle School! We just have six grammar schools that are K-8, and then from there, everybody just goes to the high school. Simple as that. Anyway, for what it's worth, GO LIONS!

825385112[/snapback]

Do they have youth football through the 8th grade in the county?

They have some kind of Jr. High team, because they are currently trying to get in a Middle Tennessee Conference with Macon, Trousdale, Smith, Dekalb, York, Livingston, Jackson, and Upperman. Their coaches generally come to all the meetings and stuff and before long i believe they will start playing in the conference.