8AA Predictions

CoachF

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure exactly what all the teams have, but I can safely say that the top three teams should be MLK, Lipscomb, and Greenbrier. I don't think this district will be as tough as last year but I could be wrong.

1. MLK

Greenbrier

Lipscomb

4. Springfield

5. East Lit

6. Hume Fogg

7. Portland

8. Macon Co.

Since I play for GB, it's hard to predict the standings for the district but I think it will be a tight race for the top. Hopefully GB can pull out the top spot but you never know. MLK has almost their whole team returning but so does GB and the transfer for DL is now eligible. So it could go any way. I'm not sure exactly why oldschool has Hume Fogg ranked that high because they lost most of their good players except Hobson, but I guess they could have some good sophomores or something. Springfield always has the talent but doesn't seem to put it together as a team but I think this year, their talent will pull them through to at least a 4th or 5th place finish before tourneys. East Lit lost alot of seniors but has a good sophomore bunch this year. Their problem will be experience. Portland doesn't have much at all after losing a good group of seniors. And Macon doesn't have any standouts either.

Some of the top players, I think, will be

MLK- most of the starters

DL- Brock(transfer),Wes Mayes, not sure if they have any returning starting guards

GB-Kenton Coleman and Jeffrey Brant

HF- Trey Hobson, Kurtis Brown

not sure about the rest

If for no other reason bu to move this back up, I will put my predictions on for this year minus my team.

1. MLK - Has the most returning experience in the District and the districts winningest coach (like him or not, he wins).

2. Station Camp - Could be a long shot for this spot but they return all but one player. The coach works hard and so does the team. They played a big portion of the year without a starter because of a nasty collision with a Hume-Fogg player.

3. Lipscomb - They lost a lot but the game plan remains the same. They also have the Brock boy from Page. He laid waste to J.V. teams last year. He might be enough to get that top spot from MLK.

4. Greenbrier - Expectations are HIGH and they should be. They could also challenge for the top spot. There one weakness is team quickness. They have size, shooters and coaching. The only reason I pick them at the four spot is that I am not predicting ties.

5. Hume-Fogg - They are not exactly rebuilding, but they do have a couple of spots that must be filled in. They may not be as tallented overall as in the last few years but that may give them an edge. They will have something to prove. The coach probably does not get the overall respect he deserves. Many times the coaches with all of the tallent are made to look better than they are (not necessarily a reference to this district).

6. Springfield - One of the hardest places in the district to play. However they lost a good group of seniors that actually underachieved. They always have athletes, so they will always be dangerous.

7. Portland - New coach and new players. They are a total onknown. The have had recent success and many times younger players feed off of that. Only time will tell.

8. Macon County - Once a very strong program but success has has shifted to football. They have a new coach that has experience with some very good teams but it will take him some time.

1. MLK - Has the most returning experience in the District and the districts winningest coach (like him or not, he wins).

4. Greenbrier - Expectations are HIGH and they should be. They could also challenge for the top spot. There one weakness is team quickness. They have size, shooters and coaching. The only reason I pick them at the four spot is that I am not predicting ties.

Greenbrier has a lot of returning experience with 7 seniors and 2 juniors. Plus, I don't know how long its been since you saw GB play but with Jeffrey Brant, Jacob Aldridge, Kenton Coleman, and Justin Dorris, GB will be able to mach up with just about anybody in the district in quickness except maybe Johnny Lee.

This district has had several "quick teams" over the past few years, and this year will be no different with East Lit, MLK, Hume Fogg, Springfield, and even Station Camp, but I believe who wins the district title will be decided in the post and which teams limit their turnovers. MLK will be strong with Dayton and others, Greenbrier has two 6'5" players and a 6'8" post player, Lipscomb arguably has the best inside game with Brock and Mayes, and there are several other good posts throughout the district.

This district has had several "quick teams" over the past few years, and this year will be no different with East Lit, MLK, Hume Fogg, Springfield, and even Station Camp, but I believe who wins the district title will be decided in the post and which teams limit their turnovers.  MLK will be strong with Dayton and others, Greenbrier has two 6'5" players and a 6'8" post player, Lipscomb arguably has the best inside game with Brock and Mayes, and there are several other good posts throughout the district.

825388180[/snapback]

You could be right with the post play being the key to winning in this district considering the three teams post players you mentioned are the three teams considered by many people to be the top contenders this year

Edited by catsbball1