8AA Predictions

CoachF

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DL lost many good seniors last year. I know Brock and Mayes will definitely be very good in the post, but can they carry the team to a battle for #1.....and are there any guards that can fill the shoes of the seniors lost last year, cuz if not then I think they will be fighting for the #3 spot with SC (which I think DL should get without too much trouble.)

I heard that MLK should be the team to beat in the district followed by Station Camp a sleeper, Lipscomb well coached squad, And the usuals Portland, HFA, Springfield, Macon County, East lit ,Greenbrier. I hear that East Lit lost a lot of its freshman talent this past year due to unforseen problems. They lost 4 out of 5 freshman starters this maybe a very tough obstacle for east lit to overcome. They now are left with a lot of under expierenced under classmen. These people who left were also getting a lot of Varsity minutes last year and made big contributions at big times. So what do u guys think on that??

Edited by FOOTGUY5

I heard that MLK should be the team to beat in the district followed by Station Camp a sleeper, Lipscomb well coached squad, And the usuals Portland, HFA, Springfield, Macon County, East lit ,Greenbrier. I hear that East Lit lost a lot of its freshman talent this past year due to unforseen problems. They lost 4 out of 5 freshman starters this maybe a very tough obstacle for east lit to overcome. They now are left with a lot of under expierenced under classmen. These people who left were also getting a lot of Varsity minutes last year and made big contributions at big times. So what do u guys think on that??

825390499[/snapback]

I didn't know that East Lit lost some freshmen...they were good and would have helped. Also, I just can't see Portland, HF, or East Lit (now without good freshmen) as usuals this year. Just from what I know each lost and what they have coming up from last years JV.

Bcats15, I have never said that Greenbrier could not compete for the district championship. In fact I think that you have a good shot. What I have said is that quickness is not a strength. I appreciate your hard work, dedication and enthusiasm, but I will not change my outlook right now. When we play, win or lose, I will be glad to reevaluate then. Good luck this year.

When I posted earlier i totally forgot about Staion Camp.

1. MLK - No contest for top spot

2. Lipscomb- Never rebuild just reload

3. Hume-Fogg-always seem to relace guards with even quicker ones

4. Greenbrier- best team they've had in years, play very hard just not quick enough or athletic enough to compet for 1 or 2. Maybe 3.

5. Station Camp- very well coached play very hard, return everyone except PG from last year. Also could finish as high as third.

6. Springfield- probably most athletic team in district very good young talent

7. East Lit.- also very athletic and young

8. Portland- lost everything from last year including coach.

9. Macon -not much returning talent also new coach and JV was beaten by Portland's jv by over 20 three times last year.

Coachhard, care to predict the other eight teams. I would be interested in what you think, without putting yourself on the spot.

825398552[/snapback]

CoachF,

I feel the same way you do. I think MLK is the obvious favorite in this district with everybody else fighting it out. I believe the district will be very competitive from top to bottom. I expect to see some close ballgames througout the season. The teams that have good overall mental toughness may very well be the teams who end up in the top 4 spots.

I haven't heard about how other teams did this summer other than Greenbrier, Station Camp, and MLK. Greenbrier had a successful summer going to 3 different teams camps. They have a great group of seniors, not just on the court but in the classroom as well. They also have 2 solid juniors with good size and ability. As you have read, the students, fans, and players are excited about the upcoming season. Hopefully they will continue to work and have a successful season. They derserve one, but it won't be easy.

Here is my pre-season prediction...for what it's worth. As we all know anything can happen:

MLK

Lipscomb

Station Camp

East Lit

Hume Fogg

Springfield

Portland

Macon

I wish all the teams in this district the best of luck. It should be fun.

FYI, I accepted the the boys head basketball position at Greenbrier Middle over the summer. It will be an up hill battle for me, but I'm excited about the challenge. I plan on helping at the high school as much as possible this year because of this group of seniors. I have coached them since they were freshman and have a special bond with all of them. I don't know if I will be able to continue to help next year. I will just have to wait and see. I have a wife and 3 children that would like to see me every now and then.

Good luck to you and your team. It's always a pleasure talking with you.

PS: Greenbrier is looking for an assistant coach.