Goodpasture vs. East-Robertson

skinny lineman

Stupidest post ever, Deuce you are stupid for saying that. I know that is your boy and all but how is it stupid to think he would be a TE. It isn't. Kellen Winslow Jr. #6 pick in the draft was 6'5" 210 out of high school. Wow that is similar to Patrick, in fact that is exactly what Turner is listed as. Something else, Turner's 40 was clocked at 4.55. Winslow was clocked at just under 4.6 out of high school. So face it, your boy could become a TE in college. Will he...only time will tell but I bet you 10 million dollars if he thought he could turn out as good as Winslow and be the #6 pick in the draft he would be a TE. Cuz those 10 million I'm betting would probably be his signing bonus. So deuce is it still the dumbest thing you ever heard?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupidest post ever, Deuce you are stupid for saying that. I know that is your boy and all but how is it stupid to think he would be a TE. It isn't. Kellen Winslow Jr. #6 pick in the draft was 6'5" 210 out of high school. Wow that is similar to Patrick, in fact that is exactly what Turner is listed as. Something else, Turner's 40 was clocked at 4.55. Winslow was clocked at just under 4.6 out of high school. So face it, your boy could become a TE in college. Will he...only time will tell but I bet you 10 million dollars if he thought he could turn out as good as Winslow and be the #6 pick in the draft he would be a TE. Cuz those 10 million I'm betting would probably be his signing bonus. So deuce is it still the dumbest thing you ever heard?

825381266[/snapback]

Whoa! Talk about STUPID?! What's up, Bullwinkle? Are you startin' to see the light on Pat T? Now it seems you've got him picked at #6 or better in the league draft. What year?...'cause I want to be his agent. B)

BTW, did you stop taking your medicine again? :D

Edited by Cougars2State

No Cougars I was making a point to Deuce. You Freshman need to read more carefully. I was giving facts to my point that I think Turner will be a TE. I simply pointed out the similarities of Kellen Winslow (a TE) and Turner from just a physical point of view. Did I say he was going to go #6 absolutely not. Do I still think he is overrated yes. Look at my last couple of sentences again. If you can read you will see nothing of me projecting him in the NFL draft at all. I believe your post takes the dumbest post of all time award. Man you didn't even read it right. My goodness.

I am a Lipscomb fan; accordingly, earlier this year I made trips to Madison and Cross Plains. This is no game at all. GP by more than four touchdowns.

The basic problem for East Robertson is that their secondary cannot cover anybody.

Some of you may think Patrick Turner is overrated. So be it. You will find out. He runs the most precise patterns I have seen from a high school kid. Better than average receiver size and speed causes tremendous problems for a defense. It is strange that a kid that good does not play more offensive snaps. Evidently, the GP coaches know what works well for them.

GP also has a little kid that will cause problems at receiver.

GP has more than enough size to deal with the ER line which is the biggest I've seen this year. GP is substantially bigger than us; and we had no problem with ER.

I'll call it 42-9 GP over ER.

What's with this "you guys" stuff largec???  I live in Cheatham County and last time I checked the Cubs beat East Robertson just as bad as David Lipscomb did.  Cheatham is going to shock some folks come playoff time and the folks from East Robertson have already experienced exactly how physical the Cubs really are.  Cheatham is 6-1 (just like David Lipscomb) so don't be associating me with the folks over at East Robertson by saying stuff like "you guys".  Thanks!!!

825376298[/snapback]

Cheatham co does not even begin to play anybody that is any good

if they turn him into a tight end he'll never make it. he doesnt have the mentallity or toughness to play it.

825382170[/snapback]

So, now he's stupid AND a whimp!

Come to think of it, x, you don't have the spelling or punctuation expertise to post on this subject. Are you an 'x-student' also?

Bomb, may I?

POSER poster!!!!

(I can't BELIEVE it - no smilies; the demons have been conquered!)

if they turn him into a tight end he'll never make it. he doesnt have the mentallity or toughness to play it.

825382170[/snapback]

I am going to have to disagree about him not being tough enough. He is the complete package. I think some of you are not giving this kid enough credit. He is such an impact player that defenses have to put in special coverages & change game plans just to try & keep him from totally dominating. Region 4 teams kinda have an advantage because they know Goodpastures team better than other teams in the state. His numbers are not huge like some of you think they should be due to the fact that he sees junk defenses every week. You are kidding yourself if you think he is overrated. Personally I think he could play either receiver or tight end. I can guarantee you that I would have this overrated kid on my team.

I am going to have to disagree about him not being tough enough. He is the complete package. I think some of you are not giving this kid enough credit. He is such an impact player that defenses have to put in special coverages & change game plans just to try & keep him from totally dominating. Region 4 teams kinda have an advantage because they know Goodpastures team better than other teams in the state. His numbers are not huge like some of you think they should be due to the fact that he sees junk defenses every week. You are kidding yourself if you think he is overrated. Personally I think he could play either receiver or tight end. I can guarantee you that I would have this overrated kid on my team.

825382510[/snapback]

Twitty,

There you go. Always positive. It's all about edifying and encouraging these young guys. Nobody likes to see jealous yappin' all the time by incompetent yahoos (e.g., Marky-mark, Bullwinkle and X-man). Bottom line, he's a good kid and he's very good at football (basketball, too, but that's another matter). Give it up y'all. Don't hate him 'cause he's good. It's not his fault D1 coaches (millionaires) make a big deal (drool!) over him.

You go Pat T! Just keep doin' it! The naysayers will always be there.

Cougars have spoken. Let the game begin. No further tête-à-tête (look it up!). Amen!