1.Southlake (Texas) Carroll (6-0) Vs 12. Denton (T

BigSneaky

Oakland[/url]' date='Oct 15 2004 - 01:12 AM']2 freshmen teams and 2 jv teams? geez! a lot of schools struggle to just have one of each ;)

825382185[/snapback]

Every elementary, middle and junior high has same mascot; the Dragons. Good system develops kids so they are familiar with style of play at high school level, starting from younger grades. It keeps a pipeline of kids coming up. All feed to one high school in town. Actually one high school (9-10) and one Sr high (11-12).

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
Every elementary, middle and junior high has same mascot; the Dragons.  Good system develops kids so they are familiar with style of play at high school level, starting from younger grades.  It keeps a pipeline of kids coming up.  All feed to one high school in town.  Actually one high school (9-10) and one Sr high (11-12).

825382187[/snapback]

yeh getting in a good system is essential to keeping a good program running, unfortunately for my alma mater, we dont have a true feeder system, just get kids from multiple schools so really arent able to establish a true system

Last time I checked, Coach T is a website for TENNESSEE High School sports.......I don't really give a crap about some high school football game in Texas.

I also don't really care if MBA or the University of Riverdale could hang with them either. Until some school from TENNESSEE actually plays either one of those teams, then I would hope that people would keep the focus on TENNESSEE High School sports!!!

If anybody chooses to continue with these posts, then I may have to give a play by play synopsis of New Hampshire A&M versus Montana Tech

Oakland....good point, but I was more interested in the Miami vs. Louisville game.

Once again, I don't care about some teams from Texas unless some team from TN is playing them.

I give up.......

By the way, I've got a band wagon headed to Texas coming through ya'lls city if you want to hop on for a ride.

I never thought I would see the day that I regretted reading the latest posts on Coach T.

That "T" for Tennessee.....not Texas!!!!

;) wow..with that kinda attitude I doubt anyone will miss you.

[back on topic]

SLC has some on the best line and quaterback play you will see anywhere in the country...both would be huge advantages over anyone here in Tennessee. Riveradale or MBA might make a game of it but i dont see how...and yes those facilities were jaw droping thumb

Edited by BigSneaky

The Texas teams looked very good but not great like the DeLaSalle teams of the past. The difference that I saw (other than facilities and community support) was the coaching was much more disciplined and sophiscated and all of the teams had a very athletic quaterback. The Southlake Carroll QB reminded me of Ingle Martin when he played for MBA.

Southlake Carroll or Denton Ryan would kill any Tennessee team. Both QBs were amazing. Everything about these two schools is better than TN high school football. I would like to see some teams from TN running the complex offensive and defensive schemes that these teams run instead of the 250 out of 300 schools in TN that run a wing-t or some offense from the 1950s. There are exciting athletes to watch but the team offense and defense around here is boring. By the way did you guys see the Facilities of the two schools? It's a shame we cant get schools to give like that around here.

825382172[/snapback]

I am about sick of you ooooooo.............or whatever! You would not recognize a complex scheme if it ran over the top of you. You can run all that so-called "pitch & catch" ; run the zone downhill offense IF you got the players to DO it..........and that is the plain & simple of it.

Take the Texas schemes (you saw last night) to a lesser school with "not so talented players" and you will get less than desired results.

Good cases in point..........

siegel coach (very hard worker and knowlegeable) runs much that he was familiar with when he worked at Riverdale, but he is not having the same results........guess why? Its the Players!!!!!!!

Brentwood Academy is having a lesser year.........Could it be the PLAYERS?

You really need to get you a coaching job and do it for a few years and you might have a different offensive outlook. You got some really good ideas.........you just to put down your popcorn and coke and get your butt down out of the stands and put them into practice............all your second guessing on people is a bit tiring!

Southlake Carroll or Denton Ryan would kill any Tennessee team. Both QBs were amazing. Everything about these two schools is better than TN high school football. I would like to see some teams from TN running the complex offensive and defensive schemes that these teams run instead of the 250 out of 300 schools in TN that run a wing-t or some offense from the 1950s. There are exciting athletes to watch but the team offense and defense around here is boring. By the way did you guys see the Facilities of the two schools? It's a shame we cant get schools to give like that around here.

825382172[/snapback]

Uhhhh..How many people live in TX?? Bigger the population the better the talent duhhh.

I watched the game and I promise that the schemes and coverages that you saw are no more complex than the ones that Kingsport, Maryville, MBA, or Riverdale run. Oak Ridge's schemes are a little bit less complicated but it is only because they choose to beat you with athletes instead of schemes.

I recently heard a very well respected Coach say that most of the time you have to look at the "Jimmys and the Joes instead of the Xs and the Os"

Schemes are only as good as the kids that run them and if you scheme too much, the kid is standing there thinking about where is supposed to stand while the ol wing T runs right past him.

I really enjoyed the Texas games last night. Would love to see a few like that on occasion but I dont want to see the big TV money ruin the H.S. game the way it has ruined college athletics.

Don't get me wrong, College sports are great and I am a BIG fan, but we alll know that the pride in wearing that ORANGE jersey is not that reason that the nationwide athletes agree to come to KNoxville to play football.

As for the qustion of "could the TN teams compete with those guys?" I really don't know the answer, but I sure would LOVE the chance to try. Southlake Carroll and Denton Ryan looked like good teams....but there was nothing that I saw that made me think that we couldn't stop it or that we couldn't cause problems for them to try to stop us..... Would love to see it happen.

Getting close to playoff time...gonna be some good football in Tennessee too, tell FOX to c';mon down!!!!

Siegel would have a decent chance if they did that spread it and pass offense. The same with Oakland. Riverdale has complex defense but there offense isn't anything hard. It's all off tackle and toss sweep. Their best athlete(Rhamel Oliver) only gets the ball thrown to him once or twice a game and he is always at least 3 inches taller than the corner thats covering him. And as far as taking pride in wearing the Orange jersey, I dont think anybody except kids from in state go to Tennessee for that reason. I wouldn't go there for the Orange jersey those uniforms are the some of the worst in college behind Oregon, Wyoming, Penn State, and Alabama.