Best 5A Region in the State

SergeantOwl22

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
No respect out West!  I reside in East TN, but give credit where credit is due.  White Station, Whitehaven, Houston, Collierville, Germantown (defending 5A state champs, and yes I know they're a bit down)...REgion 8:  It's pretty good.

825381704[/snapback]

what i prolly should have said along with my post is that i have no clue about teams in regions 7 and 8 and thats why i put them together. i know region 8 has some pretty good teams but didnt know how it fares overall. sorry if i offended anyone

Region 3 at #2? You've got to be kidding me. No offense, there are some solid programs, but 4-5A's top 3 (Riverdale, Lebanon, Smyrna) could beat anybody in 3-5A, and WC could probably as well. And this is a DOWN year for 4-5A.

I think 5-5A, while not having one standout team, is by far the most interesting and competitive. There are five above-average programs all bunched together.

Oakland[/url'>' date='Oct 14 2004 - 06:42 PM']1. region 6( no great teams but have 6 teams that are within 2 games of each other

2. region 5( very strong region with antioch,gallatin,mcgavock hendersonville and hunters lane

3. region 2( while they have 4 undefeated teams, 3 of them havent played anybody

4. region 1( DB and jeff co are the torch bearers but this is a pretty tough region from top to bottom

5. region 4( is a down year for this region but still have 2 really good teams after riverdale: lebanon and smyrna

6 tied- region 7 and 8

7. region 3: no offense guys but even the top teams in the region arent that great

825381549[/snapback]

In region 3, Cookeville is. Apparently they beat Antioch and SHOULD have walked all over Lebanon. Watch out for them.

Edited by Fuggly63

In region 3, Cookeville is.  Apparently they beat Antioch and SHOULD have walked all over Lebanon.  Watch out for them.

825382223[/snapback]

Cookeville is not that good and not a contender. they were lucky against Antioch and in the playoffs, may win in the first round. But the second round will probably pit them against either Lebanon or Smyrna, neither of which they can or will beat.

Ask the coaches, the sportswriters, anybody who knows anything about HS football-Region 6 is the most competitive top to bottom of any region in the state-any division. Even the bottom two teams would run your region's bottom two out of the stadium. There is about a turnovers difference between #1 and #4-and I promise that if you had a game with the #5 team in this region-the one who is left out of the playoff-against your #5 team- it would be a blowout for Region 6.

I agree with you fromthetop that region 6 is the most competitive, but definitely not the best this year. It is a more equal region than in previous years, but not as strong as it has been the past two years. Region 2 does look tough right now, but I also think that for the most part, the teams haven't really played anybody. Once the top 4 teams start banging heads with each other, I think we'll have a better picture of that region and my thought is that only one or two teams will stick out, while the other teams experience a bit of a letdown.