D2 AAA favorite

plato

I believe they have both. they are lacking a true big man, but have a lot of speed and quickness at the other positions. like i said they played well this summer, particularly the juniors to be, which will be a huge boost to last years team ,even as well as they played. to say they have no talent besides peyton is to be completely blind. remember they have beaten what i'm sure you would cinsider two very talented lausanne teams over the past two seasons. so maybe they have just a little talent.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they won't hold it and they didn't hold it last year. two years ago you're right they did hold it. that was because they didn't have a player that played who was over six foot. i'm not saying that st. benedict is the end all be all of high school basketball. as i stated earlier i think that they, briarcrest, and cbhs return a lot of key guys and would be considered the favorites in the west if everyone remained healthy. while i think they are talented and this could be a big year for them because of experience, they still have to prove themselves in the region.where st. benedict teams traditionally haven't faired well, but this is the best team they will have for a while to come and they could change all that.

St. Benedict will definately not hold the ball this year.  The main reason they held the ball in the past was because they only went 5 or 6 players deep.  This year they will have a little more depth with about 8 players with game experience.  Unfortunately, just like in the past, it looks like they are all guards. :D

825412594[/snapback]

We'll see

• 4 weeks later...
Brentwood has Brandon Wright and their point guard from last year but wheat else do they have? Brandon Wright's little brother who obviously didn't get any basketball genes with how bad he is. We played them at camp this year and they looked more like a jv team. Just give Brandon Wright his 25 points a game and shut down the rest of the team and anyone can beat them. I wouldn't doubt it if NOtre Dame beat them this year. Baylor has also taken a shot. They lost Tindell, Shakleford, and one of their other startes. THey have no depth. I say McCallie or Knox Catholic for the east DII.

825390716[/snapback]

Just thought that I would remind Dkmilk of some of his earlier posts