D2 AAA favorite

plato

BA has three solid players (Wright, Turner, and Bone) and everyone else knows how to get the ball to them. They have a very good coach who always seems to win. His teams's always play good defense. I don't see why or how they shouldn't win it it for a third straight year(unless there is a major injury). And Milk...why do you keep on insisting that McCallie is going to be so good this year? They weren't that good last year, and they lose a couple of startersd. They will probably be fourth in D2 East this year. BA should take it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that people really have lausanne underrated. I understand that bchs and cbhs and others have returning players but lausanne still has two of the top players( jonnie west and shun trevillian) in either classification. dont count them out just yet even though they only have 5 quality players... o yea they have also have a jr point guard that could do damage as well.

the trevillian kid is a very good player and may be the best player from the small school division. the problem with west is you can take him out of the game if you want to and he will get frustrated and start taking poor shots. the junior point guard is a nice player as well and should help with his quickness. having said that, shun trevillian is the only one of those guys that can take over a game and i think thats just not going to be enough to get them out of the region this year. especially with the more talented ,deeper teams that are in the large school division.

No but when you return all of your players from a team that has won 40 games in the past two seasons that has tocount for something. Their top 8 are all juniors and seniors and they played really well this summer. They are a team that has played together for a while now and that kind of experience i think you would agree tends to benefit teams greatly that have been together for 3 years now. Peyton has done nothing but get exponentially better every year and stopping him is a lot easier said than done. You asked what my opinion was when i saw lausanne this summer ,and thats it. They played ok at belmont, but if you were there you know some of the competition wasn't all that great.

the trevillian kid is a very good player and may be the best player from the small school division. the problem with west is you can take him out of the game if you want to and he will get frustrated and start taking poor shots. the junior point guard is a nice player as well and should help with his quickness. having said that, shun trevillian is the only one of those guys that can take over a game and i think thats just not going to be enough to get them out of the region this year. especially with the more talented ,deeper teams that are in the large school division.

825404314[/snapback]

I saw West play over the summer and I was not impressed. I agree with your assessment, he got frustrated early cause he wasn't gettin the shots he wanted then he just started forcing stuff. He is a great pure shooter, but if you take his jumpshot away then he's gonna have trouble contributing.

I agree. Stopping Reggie Peyton is definately the way to stop St. Benedict. However, I don't see many teams stopping the reigning District MVP. Two years ago you could stop Peyton by making him pull up from outside but thats not gonna work anymore. I don't see many teams stopping Reggie Peyton this year. In fact, I would say the key to beating them is to stop everyone else. Don't let those group of shooters get easy baskets and make Reggie beat you all by himself. I am not sure but I don't think Benedict has yet to find a big man and that could be what hurts this again this year like the last couple of years.

No but when you return all of your players from a team that has won 40 games in the past two seasons that has tocount for something. Their top 8 are all juniors and seniors and they played really well this summer. They are a team that has played together for a while now and that kind of experience i think you would agree tends to benefit teams greatly that have been together for 3 years now. Peyton has done nothing but get exponentially better every year and stopping him is a lot easier said than done. You asked what my opinion was when i saw lausanne this summer ,and thats it. They played ok at belmont, but if you were there you know some of the competition wasn't all that great.

825406325[/snapback]

Experience counts but is no substitute for talent.