D2 AAA favorite

plato

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Briarcrest doesnt have any guards. they have good post players but they dont have anybody to get them the ball. Lausanne doesnt have much of a bench but it will be interesting to see how far that starting five can take them. they finish 7-1 at Belmont team camp just playin 5 players a game. they'll win small scool division easily and i look for them to make some noise in the region

Brentwood has Brandon Wright and their point guard from last year but wheat else do they have? Brandon Wright's little brother who obviously didn't get any basketball genes with how bad he is. We played them at camp this year and they looked more like a jv team. Just give Brandon Wright his 25 points a game and shut down the rest of the team and anyone can beat them. I wouldn't doubt it if NOtre Dame beat them this year. Baylor has also taken a shot. They lost Tindell, Shakleford, and one of their other startes. THey have no depth. I say McCallie or Knox Catholic for the east DII.

dkmilk Posted Today, 09:59 AM

Brentwood has Brandon Wright and their point guard from last year but wheat else do they have? Brandon Wright's little brother who obviously didn't get any basketball genes with how bad he is. We played them at camp this year and they looked more like a jv team. Just give Brandon Wright his 25 points a game and shut down the rest of the team and anyone can beat them. I wouldn't doubt it if NOtre Dame beat them this year. Baylor has also taken a shot. They lost Tindell, Shakleford, and one of their other startes. THey have no depth. I say McCallie or Knox Catholic for the east DII

You may very well have played the BA second team in camp. They played

three separate camps this summer and many times split the squads or

starters sat out. BA lost one reserve from last year's state championship

team to graduation. All of the starters from last year return. Also, Josh Bone will

be returning from his ACL injury from last year. As long as they stay healthy, they will be the team to beat in D2.

Regardless, one game in team camp setting means nothing. Win during the

regular season and then you can talk trash.

Edited by jek

Brentwood has Brandon Wright and their point guard from last year but wheat else do they have? Brandon Wright's little brother who obviously didn't get any basketball genes with how bad he is. We played them at camp this year and they looked more like a jv team. Just give Brandon Wright his 25 points a game and shut down the rest of the team and anyone can beat them. I wouldn't doubt it if NOtre Dame beat them this year. Baylor has also taken a shot. They lost Tindell, Shakleford, and one of their other startes. THey have no depth. I say McCallie or Knox Catholic for the east DII.

825390716[/snapback]

I assume you're joking, right? I agree that the "other" B. Wright is just adequate, not great, but with the "real" B. Wright, Revelette, Bone, Turner, Kottas, Beasley, Garrett, etc. coming back, it would be a huge upset for BA to not win DII this year.

Briarcrest and Baylor look to be the other top teams this year.

Edited by itzme

I think its gonna come down to Briarcrest and St. Benedict coming from the west but I can't see either team pulling it off in state. Briarcrest lacks guards and thats all St. Benedict has. Watch out for Reggie Peyton once playoff time comes around. This guy is coming into his senior year and he gets better everytime I see him play. As far as the small schools, I don't see any of them truly competing. Lausanne and Bishop Byrne will both be down this year and I think thats really the only competitive small schools anyway.