Arbys Classic?

hshoops

i guess we will see how pitiful hampton is when we play yall this year now wont we. just be prepared because last year yall's team was better and we went even. the only reason why yall beat us in the first game was because of byrd and tolley now you dont. they were your only two players. i wouldnt say unaka is pitiful either, you may be biting off more than you can chew buddy.

825404633[/snapback]

i try to be nice to u cloudland people, i like uall ,but why do u have to put down every team but cloudland, honestly i hate to say it but unaka will probably beat uall this year, i've read about u saying hv is going to be sorry lol uall would be lucky to have half the talent hv has.... and just for the record hampton will beat uall 2 sweet times......

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Unaka deserves to be in it this year. After winning State last year and being from the area, I think they should atleast be invited. I mean I was in the gym last year when honnaker got waxed by Giles Co. I'm pretty sure Unaka could do better than honnaker did. HOWEVER, I do not think they could compete. period. White Station, Bradley Central, and a number of other big out of state schools would blow them out of the water. But if teams like honnaker, boone, and Sulivan East get an invite, I definetly think that the rangers should also be invited. Anyways, I've heard Unaka is supposed to be better this year than they were last (just what i heard from someone that attends unaka).

i have heard the same through the community i am a ranger fan as you can tell but rumors are rumors but are there any truth daniel mcinturf will be back this year with his knee healthy i am guessing after seeing him play football that it is healthy if these rumors are true will he help the team and how long will it take him to get back in the swing of things i know i have heard afew players mention he attended afew practices this summer

Edited by Wilsonball

I stand corrected, you are right and I am wrong....But since we are on the topic.....lets get the facts striaght. Hampton was in A for a four year stretch, and they belonged in a little conference called the watuaga valley conference aka the WVC. during this four year stretch they came out with how many conference titles ???? none, zero, null and in any other foriegn language.....Hampton being the powerful A school that dropped down from AA to A. there must have been another school in this little conference to keep them from their title...could it be Clinch???  could it be North Greene???? ohh, could have been UH...or even Cloudland ??? ooops I forgot a team...could it have been Unaka, yeap yeap oops ut oh ummm I forgot the poeple that won the championship....was it Unaka???Can anyone help me out here.  Nope I think im right about this one....Unaka won it 4 years in a row. How could this be, how could Unaka beat this powerful A team. Lets skip the conference and lets go on to the District tourny. what do ya say ??? We're gonna let you guys have your moment of spotlight. You did come away with one district title, but you didnt go through Unaka to get it, because they got upset by UH in the first round, but wait we are going to be nice once more...you did play in the District Championship all 4 years and we've already mentioned one district title. Guess who got  the other three???? in a row???? go ahead take a good guess??? oh yea it was Unaka and you've got the 2nd place hardware in your trophy case to prove it.........

Now we are going to give you more Kudo's....in AA you won one district title in AA....good job. Maybe, just maybe you guys are going the wrong way...maybe you guys should try your luck in AAA.........

In conclusion, I am going to let this rest and mellow for a minute, and let you guys ponder on this for acouple of days, hours, weeks however long it takes you to put your tongue back in your mouth or foot out of your mouth...which ever.

825404442[/snapback]

Dang ur like a record book u think u know everything, well all the records from the past throw them out cause when hampton drops down 2 single A we will c who talks then, it wont be yall cause u will be 2 Biz-e gettin beat, yall will beat cloudland and someother pushover teams but i dont think yall will win state agian and i dont think yall should even be mentioned when the Arbys classic comes around. And have u noticed that the only ppl who say ne-thing bout Unaka is from Unaka. I wish Hampton could play u all so when its all said and done yall will quit runin that mouth.

Unaka has got alot of talent coming back this year but lost to much talent off of last

years team.They should dominate there conference with what little the other teams

have coming back. North Greene,Cloudland,University High and Clinch will be down

from losing there key players from last year.Tolley and Byrd from Cloudland and

Tyson and Collins from University High.Should be a whole lot weaker than last years conference but thats like predicting the weather a week before it rains.

Will Unaka be good this year?Yes Can they make it back?Possibly.But there shot

at winning another state championship may be very impossible with all the talent

that Pickett County,Temple,Cpa,and Grace have comming back.Now I have followed the Watauga Valley Conference from some years now and Unaka usually

seems to dominate it but saying that this years team coming up will be better than

last years team is some pretty big words and have some pretty big shoes to fill.

Not knocking this years team because you guys lost some players but when you

think about it you lost the Chambers kid who could put up about 22 a night.Your

senior guard who could handle the basketball really well and was a deadly shooter

from the outside and another big post player who could score descent inside and rebound.Unaka should be good that is no doubt but last years Unaka team is one of the best Unaka teams I have seen come through in a long time even when Aaron Duggers team was there last years team had great chemisty and mixed really well together and when you lose players off a team its like having missing parts to a car there hard to replace but coach Ensor is one of the best coaches in Tennessee so I know that he will find someway to lead Unaka Highschool back to the state.

And yes Unaka did deserve to be in the arbys last year after seeing Honaker and the local teams perform there in actions. thumb

Edited by pandora9

Unaka fans just need to drop it. They didnt get invited, again, so deal with it. Good job to the rangers last year, they won state in single A. Any one remember what happened when they played local science hill in roundball. Oh yea, they got ran out of the gym. single A to AAA is to much of a gap to play. And science hill isnt even one of the top teams in the arbys. There is now way unaka can hang with whitestation or bradley. Wont happen

Unaka fans just need to drop it.  They didnt get invited, again, so deal with it.  Good job to the rangers last year, they won state in single A.  Any one remember what happened when they played local science hill in roundball.  Oh yea, they got ran out of the gym.  single A to AAA is to much of a gap to play.  And science hill isnt even  one of the top teams in the arbys.  There is now way unaka can hang with whitestation or bradley.  Wont happen

825406384[/snapback]

Hey buddy!!! How you doing??!!.............. I don't think getting beat by 21 points is getting run out of the gym. Especily when your playing a school 6 times your size. If getting beat by 21 points is getting run out of the gym, why are teams like Sullivan East, Daniel Boone, or evan Sullivan South in your conferance????? Heck, those teams are in the Arby's. And remember, the very next day, you know what we did??? We gave your very own DISTRICT 1AAA CHAMPIONS, TENNESSEE HIGH, a big scare.

And why say we can't compete in the Arby's??? Three years ago, we went 2-1, with our only loss to a very good German team by about 5 points. So ponder on that a little while, and get back to me.

Have a wonderful day!!!!!!! :ph34r::lol::lol:

In response to several replies in this thread, last year's champion Bradley Central will NOT be in the tournament. I understand that Bradley Central wanted to return and contacted the tournament director. Their call was returned a couple of weeks later and they were told that the field was full and they were not one of the teams.

Instead Bradley Central will be playing in the Huntsville Times Classic. They have participated in this tournament several times and won it in 2000.

It's a shame that they were not allowed to return to Arby's but the Huntsville tourney is another very strong tourney. Like Arby's it features half local teams and half from outside the area.