Ooltewah vs. Oak Ridge

owlsfan10

I am still bitter about last Friday's game. I hope Ooltewah loses just because they were outplayed in every aspect of the game but the most important one of course. I have to give it to them, they kept their heads up and never gave up. They no doubt deserved to win, but I still think Soddy wins six or seven games out of ten. Like I said, I'm still very bitter about Friday's game. Gotta put it behind and get ready for Farragut. I can only hope we get the chance to avenge the loss in the playoffs! Good luck to both teams. thumb

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still bitter about last Friday's game.  I hope Ooltewah loses just because they were outplayed in every aspect of the game but the most important one of course.  I have to give it to them, they kept their heads up and never gave up.  They no doubt deserved to win, but I still think Soddy wins six or seven games out of ten.  Like I said, I'm still very bitter about Friday's game.  Gotta put it behind and get ready for Farragut.  I can only hope we get the chance to avenge the loss in the playoffs!  Good luck to both teams.  thumb

825388566[/snapback]

that a way to cheer your chattanooga area teams on

you have to do something besides run against ooltewah, their d-line and linebackers are just too good, you guys will have to pass, but you are good at that too so it shouldn't be a problem

825388537[/snapback]

I agree they have to the pass but they they must get the ball to their playmakers when they do pass it, another words get it to the folks that can take it to the house, and not waste any play,because I truly do not think the Cats can stop the ground attack of the Owls. Central Bobcats.

Good luck OR. I said last week that the Wildcats would run the table on the Region 2 5A Big Dogs. Week 1 went exactley as expected. Week 2 will be no different. Oak Ridge will benifit from play the DB Indians earlier in the year. That is why you play a tough non Region Oppenent early in the year.... for the game! Oak Ridge is the class of the Region and very classy in the entire State. Too much Ground Game by the Wildcats and to much D. And Soddy Daisy will take out Farragut.

Question OR Fans.... when the weather cools off like it is now, does that hurt your crowd turnout? Will the Bank be filled this Friday night like it was when Dobyns-Bennett came to town?

Wildcats in a great game and win going away

Oak Ridge 31

Ooltewah 17

Roll Cats Roll

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825388518[/snapback]

How in the world i Oak Ridge the class of 2-5A? What's Ooltewah/Oak Ridge record against each other since this region has formed? Thank you.

Edited by GradfromtheNest

How can anyone say that Oak Ridge is the class of 2-5A?

A little history lesson of Region 2-5A:

Since this region was formed in 2001, there have been 16 playoff appearances (counting this year) alloted to this region. Soddy-Daisy has 4 playoff trips; Ooltewah, Oak Ridge, and McMinn County with 3 each; William Blount with 2 trips; and Farragut with 1 appearance. McMinn won the region in 2001; Ooltewah won it in 2002; Oak Ridge won it in 2003; and this year's has yet to be decided. Oak Ridge may have run over everyone before 2001, but since this setup has been in place, the southern half of this region has more than held its own. Ooltewah has gone 13-2 aginst the 865 portion of the region since its inception, hardly Oak Ridge dominance. I'm not takling smack, just stating facts.

Oh. please....

Why would Soddy support you????????

It's all about the playoffs now. You lose, we get home field advantage. It's that simple. Go Wildcats!

825388612[/snapback]

most of the times people cheer for the teams in your area and hope that they do good against teams from out of town...i personally hope soddy wins all of their games, except of course when they play ooltewah, but you can continue to be a sore loser all you like and have sour grapes about the loss, but move on and wish ooltewah luck in their season

Obviously since you did not read my last post, I am not going back 50 years ago, I am just going back as long as this current region configuration has been together, and Oak Ridge only has ONE Region Title. If YOU are going that far back, then we must have been total awe with all of the State and National Championships that Chattanooga Central has won. in other words, who cares about stuff that happened before any of these kids, and probably their parents too, were even thought of, much less born.