Fairview beats Lewis Co.

Gerry Bertier

Tonight in Howenwald, the Fairview Yellow Jackets did something that no Fairview team has done since 1979 and that was beat the Lewis Co. Panthers. The finals score was 21-7 but Fairview dominated all game. With the Fairview winning the infamous CBarkley now must go into retirement. I know all his insightful post will be missed but you gotta hit the road because you lost.

Summary of Game: Lewis Co. came out and scored on a TD pass after Fairview went for it in their own territory and didn't convert. Fairview came storming back with a drive that ended with a QB Throwback from Martin back to Bogle for the 20 yard score. Ian Morhman intercepted a pass inside the 10 to stop a Lewis Co. drive. The score at halftime was 7-7. In the 3rd quarter, Cole Cassidy intercepted the Lewis Co. pass at midfield and then Fairview drove down the field. Cole Cassidy scored from about 5 yards out. In the 4th quarter Fairview put the game away drving down the field and Bobby Martin scoring.

Fairview looked crisp on both sides of the ball even though they did not pass very often. The defense was flowing to the ball and making sure tackles all night. This win sets up a week 10 showdown in Ashland City for the region title.

NANANA NANANA Hey Hey Hey GOODBYE CBARKLEY (I hate to see you go because I have no one to prove wrong but you lost so no more posting for you.)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Lewis Co. is not promised 3rd yet, if they lose to Loretto and Loretto wins both of their last games then Loretto would be 3rd. Their is also a possibility of Loretto finishing 2nd if they win out and Fairview loses their last two. So nothing is for certain in region 5.

But everyone celebrate CBarkley is gone.

825383761[/snapback]

lewis already played loretto buddy

My bad I got so excited about CBarkley leaving I lost my cool and forgot Lewis had already beaten Loretto.

Region 5 Standings

*Cheatham Co.- (7-1, 5-0)

*Fairview- (6-2, 4-0)

Lewis Co.- (4-4, 2-2)

Richland-(3-5, 2-2)

Waverly- (1-7, 1-4)

Loretto- (4-4, 1-4)

Harpeth- (0-8, 0-4)

*- Clinched Playoff Berth

There are three teams fighting for three spots currently but I dont think Richland has what it takes to win a spot in the playoffs. Can't wait to week 10 Fairview vs. Cheatham for the region title.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

Looks like #3 Lewis Co. will be coming to #2 Camden for round one. Someone tell me if I'm wrong. If that happens, Camden will have its' largest crowd in school history.

825383734[/snapback]

Congrads to Fairview!!! You played A very good game. I just wanted to let you know that Lewis Co. has already beat Loretto earlier this year. If they win their last two games against Richland and Harpeth they will come in Third place. Good Luck in your last two games. Your last game well be a good match up.

My bad I got so excited about CBarkley leaving I lost my cool and forgot Lewis had already beaten Loretto.

Region 5 Standings

*Cheatham Co.- (7-1, 5-0)

*Fairview- (6-2, 4-0)

Lewis Co.- (4-4, 2-2)

Loretto- (4-4, 2-2)

Richland-(3-5, 2-2)

Waverly- (1-7, 1-4)

Harpeth- (0-8, 0-4)

*- Clinched Playoff Berth

There are three teams fighting for three spots currently but I dont think Richland has what it takes to win a spot in the playoffs. Can't wait to week 10 Fairview vs. Cheatham for the region title.

825383899[/snapback]

Tonight in Howenwald, the Fairview Yellow Jackets did something that no Fairview team has done since 1979 and that was beat the Lewis Co. Panthers. The finals score was 21-7 but Fairview dominated all game. With the Fairview winning the infamous CBarkley now must go into retirement. I know all his insightful post will be missed but you gotta hit the road because you lost.

Summary of Game: Lewis Co. came out and scored on a TD pass after Fairview went for it in their own territory and didn't convert. Fairview came storming back with a drive that ended with a QB Throwback from Martin back to Bogle for the 20 yard score. Ian Morhman intercepted a pass inside the 10 to stop a Lewis Co. drive. The score at halftime was 7-7. In the 3rd quarter, Cole Cassidy intercepted the Lewis Co. pass at midfield and then Fairview drove down the field. Cole Cassidy scored from about 5 yards out. In the 4th quarter Fairview put the game away drving down the field and Bobby Martin scoring.

Fairview looked crisp on both sides of the ball even though they did not pass very often. The defense was flowing to the ball and making sure tackles all night. This win sets up a week 10 showdown in Ashland City for the region title.

NANANA NANANA Hey Hey Hey GOODBYE CBARKLEY (I hate to see you go because I have no one to prove wrong but you lost so  no more posting for you.)

825383669[/snapback]

I just have one question. Is Fairview a Senior dominated team this Year?

Actually, as much as it has been over the past couple years, aside from Bobby Martin, Glenn Frazer, Zach Walker, Jeremy Taylor, Lee Fleet, and Q-baby Young...the rest of the playmakers are sophmores and juniors, so really it's about half and half! Clint Bogle, Michael Degalliford, Ian Morhman, Cole Cassidy, Blake Sullivan, Jed Baldoni, Brandon Humphreys, and others are all juniors and sophmores...

Oh and, bye bye Cbarkley!!!