Fairview beats Lewis Co.

Gerry Bertier

I have known CBarkley for years and I must say that he is not an idiot.  He is a guy who probably has more knowledge of the game than anyone else on this entire website.  His posts were always informative and his knowledge of teams in this state is simply incredible.  He will be missed.  After reading some of these ridiculous posts, I decided to get myself an account on here and take up for my boy.  Gerry Bertier is not CB because he is just not quite intelligent enough.  Yes he did pick Fairview to beat Lewis County, but isn't Lewis a 4-4 football team?  I'd hope that a Fairview team, that may be the best one in the past decade, could beat a 4-4 football team.  It is not a given that Lewis County will even beat Richland this week.  I also noticed on the other thread that Gerry had some bad comments on Sycamore's football program.  Well Gerry, let me be the first to assure you that Fairview would never had beaten the War Eagles from 2000-2003.  I don't know this for a fact, but I'd almost be willing to bet the Sycamore has won just as many postseason games as Fairview and the worst part of all is that the school has only competed on the varsity level since 1999.  As far as the Cheatham-Fairview game is concerned, I'm going to guess that Cheatham isn't going to give the Yellow Jackets three free scores on two fumbles kick returns and a fumbled quarterback/center exchange this time around.  I will disagree with my colleague and say that beating Westmoreland & Lewis County has been no easy task for the Yellow Jackets.  Both of those teams are always contenders in 2A, so they must not be horrible football programs.  Montgomery Central did beat Fairview, but they also beat Sycamore, Giles County, and most recently CreekWood.  Fairview must worry about Loretto because like Lewis & Westmoreland, they are 4-4 and pose potential problems with their running game.  Best of luck to the Yellow Jackets the rest of the way and you guys do me a favor and clean up the behavior just a bit.  Don't talk so much stuff about folks simply because they stated an opinion regarding a certain football game.

825385957[/snapback]

I knew your word was no good Cbarkley. Guys like you are a dime a dozen. You let your $50 mouth overload your $2 dignity. What a shame. I bet Sycamore is proud to represented by someone like you.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have known CBarkley for years and I must say that he is not an idiot.  He is a guy who probably has more knowledge of the game than anyone else on this entire website.  His posts were always informative and his knowledge of teams in this state is simply incredible. 

825385957[/snapback]

That just might be the funniest thing I've ever read on CoachT.

It is pretty likely that is Cbarkley in new form, but I really don't care! I do think he had a pretty good knowledge of the game, but it really didn't effect me one way or the other when he said things contrary to what I thought! But hey! whatever, a bet IS A BET!! so if that is you Cbarkley, "be a man" and live up to it!!!

Edited by dback33

Will lewis county make the playoffs? I don't think so i told all of you a month ago that lewis county is paying for their past. You don't focus on one player like the coach did the past 4 years and not get the younger guys ready. And think you can win!!! It could not have happened to a better coach way to go SHARP!!! GOOD COACH AAAAAAAAAA YEAH RIGHT!! hate it for all the transfers :)

Edited by bottomline

Will lewis county make the playoffs? I don't think so i told all of you a month ago that lewis county is paying for their past. You don't focus on one player like the coach did the past 4 years  and not get the younger guys ready. And think you can win!!! It could not have happened to a better coach way to go SHARP!!! GOOD COACH AAAAAAAAAA YEAH RIGHT!! hate it for all the transfers :)

825386182[/snapback]

lewis co. will make the playoffs and they will not lose to richland nor harpeth. even if they get upset by richland, harpeth is like a middle school team this year and they will easily beat them. so it is safe to say Lewis Co. is in the playoffs, bottomline i dont get where you say they focused on one player. if you ask me they didn't use david sharp the way they should have and it hurt them. be quiet cause the panthers will be in the playoffs, at least for one round.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

I have known CBarkley for years and I must say that he is not an idiot.  He is a guy who probably has more knowledge of the game than anyone else on this entire website.  His posts were always informative and his knowledge of teams in this state is simply incredible.  He will be missed.  After reading some of these ridiculous posts, I decided to get myself an account on here and take up for my boy.  Gerry Bertier is not CB because he is just not quite intelligent enough.  Yes he did pick Fairview to beat Lewis County, but isn't Lewis a 4-4 football team?  I'd hope that a Fairview team, that may be the best one in the past decade, could beat a 4-4 football team.  It is not a given that Lewis County will even beat Richland this week.  I also noticed on the other thread that Gerry had some bad comments on Sycamore's football program.  Well Gerry, let me be the first to assure you that Fairview would never had beaten the War Eagles from 2000-2003.  I don't know this for a fact, but I'd almost be willing to bet the Sycamore has won just as many postseason games as Fairview and the worst part of all is that the school has only competed on the varsity level since 1999.  As far as the Cheatham-Fairview game is concerned, I'm going to guess that Cheatham isn't going to give the Yellow Jackets three free scores on two fumbles kick returns and a fumbled quarterback/center exchange this time around.  I will disagree with my colleague and say that beating Westmoreland & Lewis County has been no easy task for the Yellow Jackets.  Both of those teams are always contenders in 2A, so they must not be horrible football programs.  Montgomery Central did beat Fairview, but they also beat Sycamore, Giles County, and most recently CreekWood.  Fairview must worry about Loretto because like Lewis & Westmoreland, they are 4-4 and pose potential problems with their running game.  Best of luck to the Yellow Jackets the rest of the way and you guys do me a favor and clean up the behavior just a bit.  Don't talk so much stuff about folks simply because they stated an opinion regarding a certain football game.

825385957[/snapback]

Joey Jackson, Cbarkley, cheathamsycamoreharpeth, or whatever you call yourself, please stop embarrassing our team at Sycamore. Your early postings were OK, that is until you thought you had answers for everything and everybody. Now you have made some sort of bet, that you lost, and you still continue to make a fool out of yourself. You constant rantings about Sycamore has given our opponents tons of bulletin board material and probably has directly caused several of our opponents to play us all the harder. WE DON'T NEED THAT KIND OF FAN!

Either stop making a fool of Sycamore High School, yourself, and your family, or please find another team to root for. You have caused enough damage here.

If teams need to bulletin board material to get hyped and play harder then they do not need to play at all. All this crap about bulletin board material for teams to look at to play hard is the most ignorant thing i have ever heard in my life.

And for the people who are cracking on CBarkley needs to stop, what his he doin that is so much different than everybody else? He is given his opinion, just like yall are and u need to respect that.

If he made a bet and lost then yes he does need stop posting, but the bet said that CBarkley not to post, so if he is under another name then he is living up to the bet, cuz it is not under CBarkley.

Joey Jackson, Cbarkley, cheathamsycamoreharpeth, or whatever you call yourself, please stop embarrassing our team at Sycamore. Your early postings were OK, that is until you thought you had answers for everything and everybody. Now you have made some sort of bet, that you lost, and you still continue to make a fool out of yourself. You constant rantings about Sycamore has given our opponents tons of bulletin board material and probably has directly caused several of our opponents to play us all the harder. WE DON'T NEED THAT KIND OF FAN!

Either stop making a fool of Sycamore High School, yourself, and your family, or please find another team to root for. You have caused enough damage here.

825386233[/snapback]

I am not Joey Jackson. I will tell you that Joey Jackson is my brother and that I do not appreciate your comments towards my family. I played high school ball at Cheatham County from '96-'99 and I found out about this site through Joey. I am currently in my final semester of classes here at UT-Martin, where I played football for the last four years. Joey & Jason Wilson, who played quarterback at Sycamore, also played football up here. I must say that Joey has always supported the athletic programs at Sycamore high school very much. I'm sure that Jason would be the first to tell you that he is not a big fan of Sycamore high school, which at first I wondered about but now I see why he never comes back home to watch Sycamore football. I have looked at some of the previous posts by folks who are/were a part of the football program at Sycamore and they are what I call embarrassing. Francis, you know who you are, has made some posts towards my brother that I really think are immature. Jsmack, who you all know by now is coach Matt Jones of Fairview, had to start talking a bunch of smack to Joey because he picked Lewis County to beat Fairview. That is real mature coming from a football coach on the high school level let me tell you. Now defenderoftheeagle, who I have a pretty good idea is a football coach at Sycamore, has to get on here and talk smack to me. I just joined this site today and I'm already being treated wrong. That shows the class of a person from Sycamore high school. That is just like the incident after the White House game last year between Tommy & my brother. In that incident, Tommy flat out accused my brother of handing out personal info to players, but was later proved wrong by the person who actually did it. Did Tommy apologize to my brother for his rude behavior? He certainly did not. That is about like the times that Tommy said that I'd never amount to much as a football player. Sorry to tell you TT, but I was a four-year starter at a division-1 college. Jsmack, if you are who Joey says then I must say that I am really disappointed at your behavior over the past week because people have the right to express their opinions and if you don't like it then that is tough. I ain't saying that Joey's posts were correct because they were retarded to be honest with you all, but to have so-called professionals acting this way is stupid. I'll never post under this name again, so before you all direct insane comments towards me don't. Coach, for you to say "WE DON'T NEED THAT KIND OF FAN" is really disappointing. I played college ball at a school where we are lucky to get 3500-4000 fans in the stadium. I always thought that Joey was supportive of the football program, as well as the basketball program, at Sycamore high school but apparently I was wrong. I mean anybody would volunteer their Friday nights to call football games on the radio for free wouldn't they? You don't have to worry about that anymore though because I told Joey that he better not do that football game on the radio this Friday night. I'm sure that he'll consider it this week while on Fall break, but if I were him then helping out that football program would not be an option. It is funny because I always thought that Wilson was stupid for holding a grudge against Sycamore because of his relationship with the coaches, but now I see that I was the one who was stupid. You also stated how Joey's posts gave your opponents "bulletin board material". That's funny because when I played high school ball all of that stuff never mattered in the result of the game. Sure teams may get pumped up and play hard for like 5 minutes, but it eventually comes to to running, blocking, and tackling. We were the laughing stock of the OVC for my four years at Martin but when teams played us our status at the bottom of the conference never played a role in determining the outcomes of football games. Oh yeah, how in the world do you figure me for a Sycamore fan when my screen-name has Cheatham as the first of the three teams in the county. Come on now, use your head for something else other than accusing folks of backing out of high school bets. That sounds a little bit like something that a high school student would do, not a high school football coach.