Region 6a Showdown

thefan02

I tell ya'll this wayne co. might walk in MT.PLEASANT all big and bad. But they will be limping out with there tails between there legs. the veer is easy to stop if you got a good d-line stoppin up the holes. to let ur lb's run free. which MP has both. it is old as dirt off. system everybody knows it just need the d-line play a good game and stop the holes. i remember when i played wc who ever played at home was the winner. so home feild advantage will help out alot i think.

MP-35

wc-20

L E T ' S G O T I G E R S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well god why should we even play this game , we from wayne co will just go ahead and forefit i mean god its obvious to me that wc has no chance lol

the thing is how many of you from mp have even seen wayne co play not many i would say from the comments i am seeing ,

first off i have seen mp play twice and your o-line and d-line are big but to say they are fast is a stretch they may be fast for there size but wayne countys line is fast for any size and are just as big if not a little bigger than mp

wayne co d-line is small i will give you that but they are really really quick and i agree that no one player can shut down webster but the key is when he catches the ball tackle him and wayne co is very good at that webster is kinda like jordan hes gona get his you have to stop everybody else and try to slow him down

im not saying wc is gona win they may not but it will be a really really good high school game friday night

From the games i have saw MP has a very fast defensive front. Davis at DE is very quick and strong. Webster at the other End, well you know!! And the Tackles are big and get penetration, maybe they can't run a 4.5 but have quick feet.

No i haven't seen Wc play this year, But i know they have Ruddle and Nutt. And they are two good athletes. As for MP, i think WC will see that this team is MUCH improved from last year! A lot more PHYSICAL!! No doubt this will be one heck of a game. Go Get'em Tigers!!

That wasn't advice. Look at there stats there buddy, it only proves my point.

825385467[/snapback]

I checked the stats from Mt Pleasant games this year. They were taken from the Daily Herald.

Mt Pleasant defensively in 8 games has allowed 542 yards rushing on 259 carries. Have allowed 431 passing yards. Opponents are 28 for 95 passing with 8 interceptions. Remember 161 of those passing yards came on two plays. The 90 yard screen pass against CA where Ingram outran the MP defense and the 71 yard pass against Moore Co.

MP allows and average of 67.8 rushing yards and 53.9 passing yards per game. Opponents pass completion pct. is 29.5%. They have forced 21 turnovers.

I don't see much wrong with their defense. I think this has more to do with them being 8-0 than the high powered offense they have.

Mt.Pleasant vs Waynesboro, a real war,football as it should be,the game of the year, maybe the game of the decade in region 6a. Ruddle is healthy and so is MP so no excuses. Get there early, fire up the grills and make a party of it in pre game because when the cat fight starts no one better look away.

I'll say coach Smith lets all of his cats loose and the Tigers win a close one that goes down to the wire.

To Stephen, I guess you think if a DB isn't perfect and allows a completion he's terrible. YOU may have had 5 ints your senior year but I bet you had none vs CA or MP (real football teams) you had them vs those weak sisters zion plays. When is your alma mater going to join a region and quit picking their victims, they have been babied long enough. Get in or get out. GO TIGERS!!!!

I checked the stats from Mt Pleasant games this year. They were taken from the Daily Herald.

Mt Pleasant defensively in 8 games has allowed 542 yards rushing on 259 carries. Have allowed 431 passing yards. Opponents are 28 for 95 passing with 8 interceptions. Remember 161 of those passing yards came on two plays. The 90 yard screen pass against CA  where Ingram outran the MP defense and the 71 yard pass against Moore Co.

MP allows and average of 67.8 rushing yards and 53.9 passing yards per game. Opponents pass completion pct. is 29.5%. They have forced 21 turnovers.

I don't see much wrong with their defense. I think this has more to do with them being 8-0 than the high powered offense they have.

825385786[/snapback]

It also doesn't hurt when you return 6 or 7 kicks to the house either. The defense has a couple of scores on the year also. The offense gets alot of press the defense gives out a lot of pain.

If....Wayne County can figure out how to get Mt. Pleasant spread out on defense and not turn the ball over I believe The Wildcats will prevail. Mt. Pleasant has had lots of success stacking 8, 9 and sometimes 10 in the box. most everyone has figured out the Mp offense. Don't let #81 get off the line without double coverage. Huntland did a fair job of tackling the Tigers but I believe the Wildcats will do a better job. #4 is a real good runner, hard to arm tackle but if you hit low and drive thru he goes down on the first hit. Mp's best player in my opinion is #5. I really like the way he plays. May the best team win! thumb