Stewart County vs. Houston County

kingcohn

Hey Camden, we may share a region next year... at least that's what I'm hearing out of Nashville! SCHS, HCHS, Camden, Waverly, etc. at least that's what may happen. My guy  on the inside told me one West Tennessee school may cross the River to join us in the region.

825388625[/snapback]

It might be true, but we are hoping to stay in West TN because of the natural rivalries. They did this to us in the early 80s and we faired quite well, but besides Waverly, we don't have any big rivalries across the "big pond." If we are forced to play in Middle TN, and can keep Huntingdon, McKenzie, Riverside and Bruceton on our schedule, everything will be fine. But if any of these four cannot be on our schedule, for any reason, it will hurt us.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit talking crap...

825388719[/snapback]

Uh oh...Look out!

...What happened to yall when you played last years state champs?...

825388719[/snapback]

I am not sure how you are for, but from the looks of things, it wasn't your team who beat them or won the championship--so high quality post here!

...And anyways we beat yall in the second half.(with your first string)

825388719[/snapback]

Woo hoo. I assume you lost on the scorebord???

Looking at the Stewart Co. schedule I see that Stewart beat Station Camp

with a forfiet.  What happened in this game?

825389226[/snapback]

Believe what happen was when Station Camp put in their freshmen & jv players after score was already 48-0 some how a player was ineligble. Something about him moving with his parents from OK to Tennessee but hadn't lived here long enough? Doesn't seem fair to the player if he moved from out of state. Believe Staion Camp's head coach was the only one that caught it and he turned it in himself. Gotta give it to him, he is an honest guy!

Not sure how this will affect Station Camp for 4th place in region. Since David Lipscomb will beat them this week they WILL HAVE to beat Houston County and Westmoreland will need to lose to Goodpasture. If Station Camp beats Houston won't matter whether East Robertson beats Westmoreland or not since Station Camp beat Westmoreland. Believe that's right anyway!

Believe what happen was when Station Camp put in their freshmen & jv players  after score was already 48-0 some how a player was ineligble.  Something about him moving with his parents from OK to Tennessee but hadn't lived here long enough?  Doesn't seem fair to the player if he moved from out of state.  Believe Staion Camp's head coach was the only one that caught it and he turned it in himself.  Gotta give it to him, he is an honest guy!

Not sure how this will affect Station Camp for 4th place in region.  Since David Lipscomb will beat them this week they WILL HAVE to beat Houston County and Westmoreland will need to lose to Goodpasture. If Station Camp beats Houston won't matter whether East Robertson beats Westmoreland or not since Station Camp beat Westmoreland.  Believe that's right anyway!

825390322[/snapback]

I think you're right about the player. Tough for him, his family, and the team but it shouldn't take anything away from their victory on the field. Their coach is a first class guy and they know they won the game where it counts! How many men do you know that would have let it ride and not self-reported? My guess is about 1/4 of them!

Edited by ELA

I think you're right about the player. Tough for him, his family, and the team but it shouldn't take anything away from their victory on the field. Their coach is a first class guy and they know they won the game where it counts! How many men do you know that would have let it ride and not self-reported?  My guess is about 1/4 of them!

825390359[/snapback]

So true about at least 1/4 of them not turning it in. Wonder how one player moving from out of state can be ok to play for one school and another can't. Station Camp forfeited a game that may take away their chance for 4th in region while the following is a quote from The Tennessean about the Hendersonville / Gallatin game:

"However, the first half belonged to Hendersonville. The Commandos scored the first points when Edward Wynn, a transfer from Oklahoma who arrived just weeks earlier, smashed through the line and rambled 70 yards for a touchdown. Brad Allen’s extra point made it 7-0."

As you said Station Camp knows they won the game and Coach Hollingsworth set a wonderful example for his players by admitting the mistake.