Tyner "RAMS" vs Meigs County

TynerRamFan

Yes you will need to stay in your lane and tackle well... if you do this and play well overall you can win. Tyner has a good team but they as all can be beat.

825389461[/snapback]

..Not quite true but you are entitled to your opinion...it will take more than this one area of concern for teams to beat the RAMS...check out my analysis in the Polk / Sequatchie thread and you will see that what the RAMS don't do to you in the Wash-Cycle they will do to you in the Rinse-Cycle!!! :lol:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..Not quite true but you are entitled to your opinion...it will take more than this one area of concern for teams to beat the RAMS...check out my analysis in the Polk / Sequatchie thread and you will see that what the RAMS don't do to you in the Wash-Cycle they will do to you in the Rinse-Cycle!!! :lol:

825389665[/snapback]

I said and "play well overall"... staying in your lane is a big one though, this was a problem we had with the lack of containment. I think Tyner has a very good team and I do believe this year they are not as dominant as in years past, Polk and Sequatchie both played Tyner hard and were in position to win. To Tyner’s credit they just know how to win and can get it done. But, I still believe Tyner can be beaten.

I guess it goes without saying I hope Tyner wins that and a few other things are the only way Sequatchie has a chance (as slim as that might be) to go to the playoffs. That doesn't change the fact that I think this year Tyner can be beaten.

Edited by SCyv-wu

As a Meigs County football player i believe its gonna be a very good fight.. Last year we played tyner and we got stomped. But last year they lost alot of very good players. (Demonte, Smith) Our Coach calls us the underdogs and alot of people dont think we have a chance, but thats what they said when we played Sequachie.

I think its gonna be a big battle and i wanna wish the players good luck.

As a Meigs County football player i believe its gonna be a very good fight.. Last year we played tyner and we got stomped. But last year they lost alot of very good players. (Demonte, Smith) Our Coach calls us the underdogs and alot of people dont think we have a chance, but thats what they said when we played Sequachie.

825390882[/snapback]

WE MAY GO IN AS UNDERDOGS, BUT THAT JUST MAKES US TRY HARDER. MOST OF THE REGION GOES IN AS UNDERDOGS TO TYNER, BUT AS STATED BEFORE, THERE IS NO ONE THAT CAN'T BE BEATEN. TYNER SHOULD NEVER TAKE ANYONE FOR GRANTED; AS THEY HAVE ALMOST BEEN BEAT BY TEAMS THEY HAVE ONCE DOMINATED.(POLK COUNTY?)

I think that what some people fail to realize is that this IS a DOWN year for Tyner. We lost a few TANKS last season from the line. The other teams in the conference all seem to feel they are having some of their best seasons. The part that's disappointing is that the RAM TRAIN is STILL rolling through the division. Do we have to wait until next year when BOYD will provide a challenge?

825390882[/snapback]

If Tyner was without Rutley the whole game, and White missed the second half, Meigs would have a lot better chance. That's equivalent to what Sequatchie was missing, not as good at Rutley and White but as important to their teams. Price for Seq is in top 5 around Chattanooga in scoring, tackles for loss, so he is getting it done on offense and defense, and he's returned both a punt and kickoff for touchdowns this year (against the two quickest teams Sequatchie has played) so he's important on special teams, too. Ask Tyner how strong Whited is and how hard he is to bring down, he didn't dominate but he helped them move the ball, running right up the middle. He started to do that in the second half at Meigs before getting hurt, after they took care of some things at halftime, and he's the team's leading tackler. I realize those are excuses and sound whiny, but I find it hard to believe those two in the game four quarters wouldn't have made up 3 points.

I think that what some people fail to realize is that this IS a DOWN year for Tyner.  We lost a few TANKS last season from the line.  The other teams in the conference all seem to feel they are having some of their best seasons.  The part that's disappointing is that the RAM TRAIN is STILL rolling through the division.  Do we have to wait until next year when BOYD will provide a challenge?

825391601[/snapback]

You don't think they were challenged by Polk and Sequatchie? Whether you call it a down year or not, those games could have went either way despite the difference in total yards. I think Meigs will play very well this Friday night but won't have enough to take it, I'd say 35-20 Tyner.

You don't think they were challenged by Polk and Sequatchie? Whether you call it a down year or not, those games could have went either way despite the difference in total yards. I think Meigs will play very well this Friday night but won't have enough to take it, I'd say 35-20 Tyner.

825391694[/snapback]

...I don't think that Robyn meant the "RAMS" were not challenged, I believe what she meant is that with all the (starting) linemen gone from 2003, and with the team having to deal with a lot of emotional things( even a fall break in the middle of the season), the RamTrain is still rolling and winning...doesn't matter if it's winning by one(1) point or 30 points...I normally don't try to guess what a score may or may not be however, I will say that I will be surprised if Meigs scores three(3) td's...Both Polk and Sequatchie could only manage two(2) and Marion got three only because the jv was on the field at the end of the game...Hopefully both teams will bring their "A" game on Friday!!!!

As an OLD teammate of the TIGERS head coach & can say FOR a fact that

The only person WHO evry HIT me harder was Terance Cleveland ( VOLS # 4 )

Mike will have his Tigers MORE then ready to play Friday night.

What ever you do .!!!!!!! DONT !!! EVER !!! & I mean ( EVER !!!! ) count out.

Mike Martin & THE MEIGS County TIGERS !!!!!

Good luck Mike

M M From Sweetwater

If Tyner was without Rutley the whole game, and White missed the second half, Meigs would have a lot better chance. That's equivalent to what Sequatchie was missing, not as good at Rutley and White but as important to their teams. Price for Seq is in top 5 around Chattanooga in scoring, tackles for loss, so he is getting it done on offense and defense, and he's returned both a punt and kickoff for touchdowns this year (against the two quickest teams Sequatchie has played) so he's important on special teams, too. Ask Tyner how strong Whited is and how hard he is to bring down, he didn't dominate but he helped them move the ball, running right up the middle. He started to do that in the second half at Meigs before getting hurt, after they took care of some things at halftime, and he's the team's leading tackler. I realize those are excuses and sound whiny, but I find it hard to believe those two in the game four quarters wouldn't have made up 3 points.

825391686[/snapback]

Yes It does sound like excues to me. You lost game over. Plus number 40 ran the ball a whole lot better than Whited did. That was the best thing that happened for you guys in that game was him getting hurt. I thought 40 was way better. Its been three weeks man get over it the tigers were the better team that night.