Tennessee Geography 101

CoachT

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be so sure about all the 5 private schools in Nashville wanting to be in the same region. If all 5 are in the same region then one of them will not get to the playoffs. If the split them into 2 regions all of them could qualify and they wouldn't be knocking each other out of the playoffs. Even if they are in different region they can still play each other and kep the rivalarys and gate money.

Guest Oakland
Cav43, who's complaining about Cookeville's region?  i think we have a decent region.  Its pretty much the only one they can put us in unless the put us with chatt. because the 'Boro region is too big already.  i am liking the region we are in fairly well though.

825390734[/snapback]

couldnt agree more about you said about the boro region. murfreesboro plans on building a few more high schools and they could both very well be in existence by 2009. heres hoping they move the wilson co teams to region 5. of course then it becomes one big mess as far as trying to fit everybody else into a region

Seems like by changing regions you lose a lot of rivalries. seems like columbia should join 3-5a and cookeville and cumberland county move in with wilson central and lebanon and maybe a gallatin, but that messes up a lot.

Has smith county always been 2a??

825390022[/snapback]

They are currently a 2A school that is playing in 3A, but will go back down to 2A next year.

The best way to handle the privates is send Ezell to region 3. Send DCA and goodpasture to region 4 with Smith Co. and that group of schools. Send CPA and FRA to region 5 with Lewis Co. and Fairview etc. Now all privates have been separated and all the publics still have playoff opportunities. Sorry ,Ezell you will have to travel to Chattanooga.

The best way to handle the privates is send Ezell to region 3. Send DCA and goodpasture to region 4 with Smith Co. and that group of schools. Send CPA and FRA to region 5 with Lewis Co. and Fairview etc. Now all privates have been separated and all the publics still have playoff opportunities. Sorry ,Ezell you will have to travel to Chattanooga.

825391792[/snapback]

Now you are talking some jibberish.

I didnt say cookeville in the boro. it should be with lebanon and wilson central, maybe gallatin and cumberland county. boro is crowded might as well get lebanon out of there. they said columbia needs to move. and a 3 1/2 hours drive is awful when you are garaunteed one long trip a year if not 2. it stinks, whiole everyone else drives within their own town. it makes no sense.

This what I would do in 2A.

Region 1(7 teams)

Happy Valley

North Greene

West Greene

South Greene

Chuckey Doak

Cumberland Gap

Gatlingburg-Pittman

Region 2 Teams (7 teams)

Alcoa

Rockwood

CAK

Oliver Springs

Wartburg Central

York Institute

Loudon

Region 3 (6 teams)

Boyd Buchanan

Tyner

Marion Co.

Sequatchie Co.

Bledsoe Co.

Sweetwater

Region 4 (8 teams)

Smith Co.

Jackson Co.

Upperman

Cannon Co.

Westmoreland

East Robertson

Goodpasture

DCA

Region 5 (7 teams)

Fairview

Harpeth

CPA

FRA

Ezell Harding

Stewart Co.

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=590&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Houston Co.</a>

Region 6 (7 teams)

Riverside

Adamsville

Waverly

Camden

Lewis Co

Loretto

Richland

Region 7 (8 teams)

Westview

Dresden

Huntingdon

Gibson Co.

Peabody

Milan

Humboldt

USJ

Region 8 (7 teams)

Westside

Memphis Southside

Treadwell

George Washington Carver

Westwood

Oakhaven

Booker T. Washington

How did I do?

825390191[/snapback]

Only thing I see bad is moving Adamsville. Jeez what a drive from say, Richland? Its a hella drive even from Camden!

Edited by rcombs

I didnt say cookeville in the boro. it should be with lebanon and wilson central, maybe gallatin and cumberland county. boro is crowded might as well get lebanon out of there. they said columbia needs to move. and a 3 1/2 hours drive is awful when you are garaunteed one long trip a year if not 2. it stinks, whiole everyone else drives within their own town. it makes no sense.

825391975[/snapback]

Its a only a two hour drive and maybe two and a half if you drive slow. thumb

Edited by Machete Phil

TSSAA doesn't go off geography. Cookeville travels 3 1/2 hours for 2 teams in their region thats messed up.

825390399[/snapback]

Got to agree with ya. look at 1 5a and 2 5a half the knox area teams within 30 min of each other travel to kingsport and the other half travel to chat.

Farragut and Bearden are less that 5 miles down the road from each other and in 2 different regions. Geography my hine end.

Lincoln County from Cookeville is 3 to 3 1/2 hours and you are in a bus. thats awful for someone who has to play a physically demanding sport. you miss a lot of clas when you have to leave that early to get there with enough time to dress and eat. plus on the way back it is awful for soreness, and injuries. Cramps are the worst on a crowded bus. non-metro teams get screwed i guess.