Division I classifications

westTN2004

ive heard about teams moving to different classifications in division 1. is there a final decision on this or something? ive been hearing that USJ will be moving to 2A and mckenzie, trenton, union city will be moving to 1A. is any of this true at all? or is this just a rumor? if these teams are moving for sure, then what region will they be competing in? i need some info.

ive heard about teams moving to different classifications in division 1. is there a final decision on this or something? ive been hearing that USJ will be moving to 2A and mckenzie, trenton, union city will be moving to 1A. is any of this true at all? or is this just a rumor? if these teams are moving for sure, then what region will they be competing in? i need some info.

825387112[/snapback]

USJ is moving to 2A, McKenzie & Union City will move to 1A but not Trenton. Final alignments will be made next month. Look at the mapping link from TSSAA to make your predictions.

USJ is moving to 2A, McKenzie & Union City will move to 1A but not Trenton. Final alignments will be made next month. Look at the mapping link from TSSAA to make your predictions.

825387207[/snapback]

West TN probably looks like this:

REGION 7-Fayette Academy, Middleton, Jackson Christian, Trinity Christian, Manassas and McKenzie (Perry County will more than likely move to a Middle TN region)

REGION 8-Gleason, Greenfield, Halls, Hollow Rock-Bruceton, Lake County, South Fulton, West Carroll and Union City.

Just an educated guess. We'll know for sure in less than a month.

West TN probably looks like this:

REGION 7-Fayette Academy, Middleton, Jackson Christian, Trinity Christian, Manassas and McKenzie (Perry County will more than likely move to a Middle TN region)

REGION 8-Gleason, Greenfield, Halls, Hollow Rock-Bruceton, Lake County, South Fulton, West Carroll and Union City.

Just an educated guess. We'll know for sure in less than a month.

825387625[/snapback]

After looking at the map,IMO the best 7-7 split would be

Region 7-JCS,TCA, Fay. Acad, Middleton, Manassas, Halls, & West Carroll

Region 8-Lake Co, S. Fulton, Union City, Greenfield, Gleason, Bruceton, McKenzie

Probably won't happen this way but this follows a North-South split.

After looking at the map,IMO the best 7-7 split would be

Region 7-JCS,TCA, Fay. Acad, Middleton, Manassas, Halls, & West Carroll

Region 8-Lake Co, S. Fulton, Union City, Greenfield, Gleason, Bruceton, McKenzie

Probably won't happen this way but this follows a North-South split.

825387656[/snapback]

I like your alignment a lot better than what the T$$AA will come up with. They'll probably put UC, SF, Halls and LC in a region with FA and Manassas. Ya know, that splendid Hwy. 51 is just too good to pass up. :D

If I'm not mistaken, its a really long ways from Fayette Academy and Manassas to South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>.  Surely they wouldn't put two teams that are half an hour from Mississippi in the same region with a team that is half a second from Kentucky.

825392800[/snapback]

They've had Perry County and Fayette Academy in the same region for 4 years! So. Fulton to Somerville can't be much worse than that trip, can it?

According to Mapquest:

Memphis (Manassas) to South Fulton: 161.9 miles (but basically a straight shot up Hwy. 51)

Somerville (Fayette Acad.) to South Fulton: 118.5 miles

Memphis to Tiptonville: 127.9 miles

Somerville to Tiptonville: 100.7 miles

Somerville to Linden (Perry Co.): 133.7 miles (but I-40 pretty much all the way)

After seeing the TSSAA put Mitchell in the district with Lake County, Bradford, Trenton and Halls for basketball a few years ago, it would not surprise me at all to see Lake County, South Fulton and Manassas in the same football region. Completely ridiculous, since it would be a shorter drive for everyone if Manassas was in the Jackson region.