Greenbrier vs Marshall county

green1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

green1...you might have heard that MC had more talent...that must have been from a MC person....I think that Page got the WIN and it was in tiger country.

Greenbrier lines too physical. Marshall will have to throw the ball a lot and use some of their trick plays.to have any chance.

825388688[/snapback]

This Marshall County fan will tell you the Tigers do have more talent than

Page this year, but talent alone does not win football games.

Page had a pair of very good runningbacks who gave the Tigers fits

all night long & the Tigers were very lackluster early, falling behind 21-0

before making a game of it. Give Page credit though for coming to

Lewisburg and getting the job done.

Now, that being said, how does that impact this weeks MC-GB game.

Who knows for sure. Marshall County much better, especially

defensively, than they were early in the year. Offensively, potential

is there for explosiveness, but there have been some letdowns this year

as well.

Great respect for Greenbrier and Herndon, but don't be suprised if Tigers

don't spring the upset.

Hopefully, the weather won't be a factor. If it is, all bets are off.

If Page has so much more talent than Marshall County why didn't they take advantage of the four turnovers. Page should have beaten Marshall County by at least 20 points , but they didn't. Marshall County actually outplayed Page in the end, by having to overcome as many obstacles as they did.

Marshall County may not win this upcoming contest, but it will be a better game than most think it will. All of this crap Greenbrier by 28, Greenbrier by 42, 20 and so on is total hogwash.

Whoever wins will not win more than a touchdown !!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Greenbrier is fired up and are focused on Friday. They have respect for Marshall County, and are well aware of the task that lays ahead. The Bobcats cannot look past Marshall until the W is on the board, and they know that.

I believe that the Bobcats know the importance of hanging on to the region lead, and I just can't see them having a letdown this late in the regular season. This Senior team has played together for too long, and worked way to hard to allow a slip now.

Go Bobcats! Go out there and do your thing! Greenbrier is behind you all the way!

P.S. What's the update on Kyle? Watching him pacing the sidelines is like a Bobcat in a cage. You can see that it is tearing him up not to be in there. When he's ready, we really need him. But not at the expense of his future health.

Edited by EZBeingGreen

Marshall County may not win this upcoming contest, but it will be a better game than most think it will. All of this crap Greenbrier by 28, Greenbrier by 42, 20 and so on is total hogwash.

Whoever wins will not win more than a touchdown !!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

825388891[/snapback]

I agree with you mctiger. It is all hogwash that folks think GB will "walk" through this game to an easy victory.

This game will probably be 7 points or less to the victor. And, I know the kids on the team are taking Marshall just as seriously as they did Page, David Lipscomb, Ft. Campbell, etc. WAY too much respect for the talent, coaches, and history to think they can win so big!

MCtiger I can see why you think that Marshall had more play makers than Page. But what you do not know is that Page played that game without 3 starters. Their best defensive pash rusher and play maker Leach didn't even suit up. Maxwell there other starting end was hurt and only came back 2 weeks ago. He is also an unbelievable FB. And they were also missing Lankford at strong safety. So Page was missing 2 pass rushers and had to play sophomores at that position and there free safety. And you all are a pssing team. You keep hollering 4 turnovers well Page had 3 of their own. And gave up a touchdown on a fake field goal in which his knee was down. The difference in the game was Page's line whipped you all up and down the field. And Greenbrier has an even more dominate line than Page. Marshall was 5 weeks ago so instead of getting on here making excuses why you all lost how about preparing for Greenbrier. Prediction? Greenbrier BIG

Edited by cowboys

Sorry Greenbrier fans that MC fans have thrown their loss to Page in here. It is part of their "spin". Page should have won by more, But as I said before, Page was/is young and has gotten much better. The real truth is...has Marshall co. improved enough to play with the Bobcats? They will have to be a much-improved team on the offensive and especially the defensive lines. What has changed at Marshall?......personnel???....if not.....you will not stop the run.

If GB uses the Pass like they did against us....Marshall will have fits with it. I think you will find that a good passing attack will chew up the tigers