Station Camp Foreits Win to Stewart County

bisonpride19

The Bison of Station Camp got word early this morning they will have to foreit there region win over stewart county for using an ineligible player. The ineligible player was used for 2 plays with less than 2 minutes in the game, well after the game was out of reach. N E Body have any thoughts?????? the playoff picture now looks like this for station camp if they beat David Lipscomb and Houstan County they are in, if they only be Houstan County and Westmoreland loses to both goodpasture and east robertson they are in.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bison of Station Camp got word early this morning they will have to foreit there region win over stewart county for using an ineligible player. The ineligible player was used for 2 plays with less than 2 minutes in the game, well after the game was out of reach. N E Body have any thoughts?????? the playoff picture now looks like this for station camp if they beat David Lipscomb and Houstan County they are in, if they only be Houstan County and Westmoreland loses to both goodpasture and east robertson they are in.

825388646[/snapback]

This is the first I have heard about this... too bad for Station Camp. The coaches and players played a great game and I hate to have it go this way for the team. Good luck and I hope you make it to the playoffs.

Did they self-report? How did the situation come about?

825388913[/snapback]

To his credit... the Staion Camp coach self-reported. Good luck Bison, I hope this doesn't hurt your chances for the playoffs! From what I've heard it was a simple mistake any of us could have made.

Edited by ELA

what is the big deal with the TSSAA doing this to all of these programs... where is the miscommunication with the coaches?

this is about the 5th team that has been forced to forfit atleast one game due to an ineligible player.... how can this continue to happen, and what can the coaches and tssaa do to prevent this.... bc in every case iv heard of the player in question played with no bearing on the outcome of the game. Once again tssaa is showing how much they truely are in shambles, they cant even communicate with coaches which players can and cannot play. its pretty rediculous in my opinion

what is the big deal with the TSSAA doing this to all of these programs... where is the miscommunication with the coaches?

this is about the 5th team that has been forced to forfit atleast one game due to an ineligible player....  how can this continue to happen, and what can the coaches and tssaa do to prevent this.... bc in every case iv heard of the player in question played with no bearing on the outcome of the game.  Once again tssaa is showing how much they truely are in shambles, they cant even communicate with coaches which players can and cannot play.  its pretty rediculous in my opinion

825390293[/snapback]

This is not the TSSAA. If you play a kid by mistake, that's the rules. From everything I've heard, this was a simple mistake of playing a kid who hadn't been cleared by the TSSAA for a varsity game, nothing more. I could be wrong but that's what I was told. You're not supposed to dress a kid who has not been cleared to play. I may not have the facts straight, but the scenario I have heard doesn't give the TSSAA any choice but to do what was done. I feel really bad for the Bisons and I wish this hadn't happened for their sake but we must all live with the rules.

Edited by ELA

this is about the 5th team that has been forced to forfit atleast one game due to an ineligible player....  how can this continue to happen, and what can the coaches and tssaa do to prevent this.... bc in every case iv heard of the player in question played with no bearing on the outcome of the game.  Once again tssaa is showing how much they truely are in shambles, they cant even communicate with coaches which players can and cannot play.  its pretty rediculous in my opinion

825390293[/snapback]

We were affected at CPA by the same situation last year, where we played a 3rd string player well into the 4th period when vistory was assured. Through some paper oversight, he was not eligble and we had to forfeit the games he had participated in (3 to be exact). We self reported and to be honest I had no problem with the TSSAA penalty. These rules are clear and we did not do a proper job making sure we were in compliance.

Believe the player in question and his parents moved from OK and supposedly hadn't lived here long enough. How long does someone have to live in area before they can play? Seems like the player is getting penalized for moving to TN.

If this is true about Station Camp's player how is Hendersonville able to use a player from OK? This was in local paper:

"However, the first half belonged to Hendersonville. The Commandos scored the first points when Edward Wynn, a transfer from Oklahoma who arrived just weeks earlier,"

Edited by tiredsportsfan

when i posted what i posted above, it was not an excuse for the coaching staffs of the effected schools.

my point is as follows:

#1 NO coach would knowingly play an ineligible player if he knew they were in eligible.... everyone agree?

#2 there must be something in the paper work precedures that in unclear, if it only happens once every other year or so, i could understand the mistake. however atleast 4 teams in 2 years have been hit with this, it is happening too often just to be a simple mistake made by a coach.

also look at the coaches this has happened to,

Robert Lassiter of gallatin, i know him personally, and he is NOT the type of person to let something like that slip through the cracks. Coach L is a perfectionist and knows the situation at all times

David Pack of CPA also know him personally, he is the same way as coach L. they know what is going on..... so i dont believe its entirely the coaches fault this keeps comming up every year.

"However, the first half belonged to Hendersonville. The Commandos scored the first points when Edward Wynn, a transfer from Oklahoma who arrived just weeks earlier," (The Tennessean)

This was during the Gallatin / Hendersonville game on 10/15

Believe Station Camp can still take 4th in region as long as they beat Houston County and Westmoreland loses to either Goodpasture or East Robertson. If Westmoreland wins at least one of these games, believe Station Camp still goes because they tie Westmoreland in but since Station Camp beat Westmoreland they get the 4th spot.

Regardless which team goes they probably won't make it past first round.

Westmoreland lost first round last yr. to Tyrne 40-0.

It's a simple concept...know the rules. That's how this doesn't happen. Be sure that the player has been cleared by the TSSAA before you play him. I don't know how much more simple it can be. Coaches have to take the time to know and understand the transfer eligibility rules.

I hate it for Station Camp. SC has worked so hard and come so far.

Lipscomb is first.

Goodpasture is second with a win over Westmoreland on Friday.

East Robertson is third with a win over Westmoreland in week 10. East Robertson is fourth with a loss to Westmoreland and a Station Camp loss to either Lipscomb or Houston County.

Westmoreland is second with wins over Goodpasture and East Robertson. Westmoreland is third if it beats East Robertson in week 10 but loses to Goodpasture in week 9. Westmoreland is fourth if it loses to East Robertson and Goodpasture and if Station Camp loses to Lipscomb and Houston County.

Station Camp is third with wins over Lipscomb and Houston County and with a Westmoreland win over East Robertson and a loss to Goodpasture. Westmoreland would be fourth in that scenario. Station Camp is fourth with a win over Houston County and Westmoreland losses to Goodpasture and East Robertson.

Stewart County would have to defeat Houston County and Goodpasture to factor into any playoff hopes. That's not likely to happen.

Houston County could still tie for fourth by defeating Stewart County and Station Camp in its final two contests and with Westmoreland losing to Goodpasture and East Robertson, but the Irish would still not qualify for the playoffs because they wouldn't win the tiebreaker as a result of having only four overall wins (Westmoreland has five wins already).