Coffee Co. Vs. Sweetwater

guywithbigfeet

All the people that are talking about the 2a school, and shouldnt be close must not have watched Sweetwater play Coffee Co. the last two years. Coffee won 21-14 last year, Sweetwater won 40 something to twenty something the year before spoiling coffees homecoming.

That being said, I would pick Sweetwater to take this years game also, if they were at full strength, but I have heard something very alarming. Sweetwater will have their 3 starting rbs suspended, as well as their starting TE. Also heard another starter on defense will also be out! If this is true and I'm pretty sure it is then Coffee should be able to take this game as that would be a hard thing for any team to overcome on such short notice but a 2a team with 30 something players it will be real hard. Don't get me wrong, Sweetwater could still take this game but it would be very difficult. With these players Sweetwater wins this game, without them it would be hard not to pick Coffee Co.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweetwater beat CC when Breeden was the coach. Breeden had booked Sweetwater because it was his alma mater and he thought he had a sure win. Sweewater beat CC bn (before Nunley). Won't happen this year. Nunley will get his 300 yds and hopefully, have his # retired at the end of the game.

825391962[/snapback]

As an old coach MYSELF & a friend of Jeff & his brother Greg ( EX-Coach ) Jeff.

I will have to throw a few things out for you to think about my friend.

While I will give Nunley his due ( GREAT PLAYER ) Sweetwater isn't without there own & YES the { MAYBE } loss of the other players of SWEETWATER team will be dificult to overcome. I will say this. If C C can stop fullback Bloomstrum &

all-around-great Jeffery Moore & the arm of the [still learning] SOPH QB. Then they have a chance. I'll have to say though & You can quote this one....

It WONT be EASY for C C

Goooooooooooo CATS !!!!!!!!

All the people that are talking about the 2a school, and shouldnt be close must not have watched Sweetwater play Coffee Co. the last two years. Coffee won 21-14 last year, Sweetwater won 40 something to twenty something the year before spoiling coffees homecoming.

That being said, I would pick Sweetwater to take this years game also, if they were at full strength, but I have heard something very alarming. Sweetwater will have their 3 starting rbs suspended, as well as their starting TE. Also heard another starter on defense will also be out! If this is true and I'm pretty sure it is then Coffee should be able to take this game as that would be a hard thing for any team to overcome on such short notice but a 2a team with 30 something players it will be real hard. Don't get me wrong, Sweetwater could still take this game but it would be very difficult. With these players Sweetwater wins this game, without them it would be hard not to pick Coffee Co.

825391949[/snapback]

...The Tyner "RAMS" played Coffee County in a 3-way scrimmage earlier in the year and won 2 of 3 games...what is this comment about a 2A school not being able to win against C.C.???, Jake Nunley is a good rb and although I haven't seen or played against Sweetwater, I believe C.C. will probably win this game!!!

...The Tyner "RAMS" played Coffee County in a 3-way scrimmage earlier in the year and won 2 of 3 games...what is this comment about a 2A school not being able to win against C.C.???, Jake Nunley is a good rb and although I haven't seen or played against Sweetwater, I believe C.C. will probably win this game!!!

825392298[/snapback]

[/quo I WOULD NOT HANG YOUR HAD ON THAT SCRIMMAGE BECAUSE THE COMPLETE VARSITY WAS IN ONLY ONE OF THE THREE GAME. SWEETWATER HAS A GOOD TEAM BUT AS WILL COFFEE COUNTY THEY WILL HAVE ELEVEN PLAYER PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AT A TIME. OUR ELEVEN WILL BE READY TO PLAY THIS GAME. IT WILL ALSO BE THE LAST GAME THE TWO TEAMS PLAY TOGETHER. IT WILL BE A GOOD GAME. :blink:

825391949[/snapback]

Why all the suspensions?

LOL, I am cheering for the greatest CC team of all time and you guys can't handle it. No matter, what I say, you guys get upset. Of course, Nunley will stay in the game until he gets 300 yds.

825391667[/snapback]

check your history, the '97 Coffee Co. team is the best team that Coffee has ever had. Beat powerful Lincoln Co., Smyrna, Franklin Co., and Oakland teams that year lead by the best back in middle Tenn., Chris Elam.

[/b]I WOULD NOT HANG YOUR HAD ON THAT SCRIMMAGE BECAUSE THE COMPLETE VARSITY WAS IN ONLY ONE OF THE THREE GAME. [/b]SWEETWATER HAS A GOOD TEAM BUT AS WILL COFFEE COUNTY THEY WILL HAVE ELEVEN PLAYER PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AT A TIME. OUR ELEVEN WILL BE READY TO PLAY THIS GAME. IT WILL ALSO BE THE LAST GAME THE TWO TEAMS PLAY TOGETHER. IT WILL BE A GOOD GAME. :lol:

825392372[/snapback]

...You can put any kind of "spin" about the results of that scrimmage but when you put 11 on 11 the best will usually win...whether it's varsity or j.v. the fact remains that we won 2 of 3...that shows that our 2A program is better overall than C.C.'s( In my opinion)

Fanatic, I agree with you on Elam. I thought he should have received more consideration for Mr Football. He was also a very good baseball player. I also agree with you re: the 97 team. Most CC fans have went overboard on expectations for CC this year.

825393784[/snapback]

I agree that this team had lofty expectations this year. losing 7 seniors from last years defense hurt them more than they expected, especially the 3 interior linemen. The 97 team however was the best chance Coffee ever had at making a run for the state. Played toe to toe with eventual state champion Riverdale until late in 4th. I still can't understand what happened in that playoff game, D really choked. Elam had 385 and 5 tds. in a losing effort. Those are yards earned by the highest of standards. He could dominate a game like no player I have ever seen since.