Why Riverdale not ranked #1

center68

Did well!!! they were state runner ups and region champs, They lost one region game and still won the region!!!! Look on riverdalewarriors.com

825391904[/snapback]

Nope, they ended up tied with MJ with one loss and MJ was region #1 by head to head tie-breaker. MJ played #4 Bradley Central in first round and got beat. Riverdale did go on and did great in playoffs but they did NOT get Region Championship plaque............it is in office at MJ locker room.

Riverdale is a super program but they did not win 95 region........they were 2nd to MJ Bears coached by present FC coach Greg Mantooth. Soory but RD.com is wrong. :huh:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did well!!! they were state runner ups and region champs, They lost one region game and still won the region!!!! Look on riverdalewarriors.com

825391904[/snapback]

Your website is wrong.

Gallatin, Riverdale and Mt Juliet all had one loss in the region that year.

Mt Juliet was first

Riverdale was second

Gallatin was third.

Mt Juliet won the region in 95'.

I think that Coach Rankin should run it up on DB and then maybe, just maybe, the voters will understand how good they are.  Smyrna is still ranked in the midstate and Riverdale layed 60 on them, so how much do you have to score?

825393298[/snapback]

Do you know anything about football? You must be a band geek! Rankin is a class act and does not run the score up on anybody. There's not a team in Tennessee than can run the score up on D-B. I'm sure the Riverdale staff and players are more focused on winning the games at hand than worry about the stupid AP rankings. I hope neither stumble so that D-B and Riverdale meet in the playoffs, then maybe you will understand how good D-B is this season?

Right now, Riverdale, DB, and Ooltewah all can lay a claim to #1 by virtue of their records. Riverdale and DB have more tradition and so one would expect them to get some votes just for that.

I'll never put down the accomplishments of the DB program. I respect that program a lot, and them being ranked #1 right now does not strike me as a gross injustice to my Warriors.

Hopefully we'll get to settle this on the field, but if one of us stumbles along the way - we did not deserve to be ranked #1 anyway.

Good luck to DB- hope to see you in the "boro later this year.

hey bud, have you ever seen these east TN teams play? their play is so fluid, it's scary. at least one east tennessee team deserves to be ahead of riverdale, and one is (dobyns bennett). so think before you speak next time and just because riverdale has an undefeated record is beating their opponents by at least 40 points a game doesn't mean that they are the best in the state. the midstate, definitely, but those east tennessee teams are good.