STRATFORD WILL GO 10-0

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I give my $0.02 worth? Thank you. I'm a Memphis guy who's favoring Melrose to win it all, so as far as this who's best in the Nashville metro area ... I don't have a dog in this fight. I know that if Melrose gets to the semi-finals ... they will probably face either Hillwood, White House, or Stratford. Nashville Overton, Hillsboro, Clarksville NW and NE also have outside shots at it ... but we aren't going to talk about those guys .... just the undefeated teams.

OOOOOKKKKKK ..... Looking @ Hillwood ... Here's there record:

Hillwood Hilltoppers Record

Fri Aug. 27 Maplewood W 34-22 (4-4) (6th place in 6-4A)

Fri Sep. 3 Columbia Central R W 33-0 (4-4)

Fri Sep. 10 at Fairview W 39-21 (6-2) (2nd place in 5-2A)

Thu Sep. 16 White Co. R W 41-6 (3-5)

Fri Sep. 24 Lawrence Co. HC W 44-28 (4-4)

Fri Oct. 1 Hillsboro R W 27-21 (5-3)

Fri Oct. 8 at Hickman Co. R W 55-7 (1-7)

Fri Oct. 15 at Tullahoma R W 55-26 (4-4)

Fri Oct. 22 Spring Hill R (1-7)

Fri Oct. 29 at Shelbyville R (2-6)

Strength Rank: 6th

Schedule Rank: 53rd

Here's White House's schedule:

White House Blue Devils Record

Fri Aug. 27 at Portland W 28-7 (6-2) (in 3-way tie for 1st in 4-3A)

Fri Sep. 3 at Springfield R W 42-3 (2-6)

Fri Sep. 10 Sycamore W 33-15 (3-5) (6th place in 5-3A)

Fri Sep. 17 Maplewood R W 25-16 (4-4)

Fri Sep. 24 Greenbrier W 29-13 (7-1) (1st place in 5-3A)

Fri Oct. 1 at Clarksville-Northeast R W 24-6 (6-2)

Fri Oct. 8 at Rossview R W 50-13 (0-8)

Fri Oct. 15 Whites Creek R W 45-14 (3-5)

Fri Oct. 22 Northwest R (6-2)

Fri Oct. 29 at Pearl Cohn R (0-8)

Strength Rank: 5th

Schedule Rank: 45th

Here's Stratfords's schedule:

Stratford Spartans Record

Fri Aug. 27 McGavock W 20-6 (4-4) (1st place in 5-5A)

Thu Sep. 2 at Maplewood R W 22-6 (4-4)

Fri Sep. 10 Glencliff W 42-6 (2-6) (6th place in 5-5A)

Mon Sep. 20 at Pearl Cohn R W 20-6 (0-8)

Fri Sep. 24 at John Overton W 18-13 (6-2) (2nd in 5-4A)

Fri Oct. 1 at Northwest R W 42-38 (6-2)

Fri Oct. 8 Whites Creek R W 37-32 (3-5)

Fri Oct. 15 Springfield R W 53-6 (2-6)

Fri Oct. 22 at Mt. Juliet R (3-5)

Fri Oct. 29 Rossview R (0-8)

Strength Rank: 10th

Schedule Rank: 60th

OK ... these 3 teams have 1 commom opponent ... the Panthers of Maplewood. Three of Maplewood's four losses have come to these three teams. Let's see here ... Maplewood put 22 on Hillwood and lost by 12. They put 16 on White House and lost by 9. They only got 6 points on Stratford and lost by 16. I think Stratford has the better showing of the three. Draw your own conclusions.

White House has beat 2 good 3A teams, 1 good 4A team, and 1 average 4A team. Everybody else has a losing record. They have played three 3A opponents for their non-region games.

Stratford has beat 1 average 5A team, 1 avarage 4A team, and 2 good 4A teams. Everybody else has a losing record. They have played two 5A opponents and one 4A opponent for their non-region games.

Hillwood has beat 1 good 2A team, 1 good 4A team, and 4 average 4A teams. The other 2 opponents have losing records. They have played one 2A opponent and two 4A opponents for their non-region games.

I think White House scheduling three 3A opponents during the regular season does not help them get ready for post season. Yes, 2 are good teams ... but there is a difference between 3A football and 4A & 5A. They will get tested this Fri. when they play Northwest.

I think Stratford did well to schedule the non-region teams that they played. A weak 5A team prepares your team better then a weak 3A team. The Northwest and Overton wins are telling.

I think Hillwood didn't do itself any favors playing a 2A team. It's a good team ... but 2A is even worse then 3A. The best competition they have had is Hillsboro ... not the Hillsboro of last season ... but a good win.

All three are good teams ... no doubt. Hillwood has the toughest row to hoe ... they will face either White House or Statford in the 2nd round of the playoff's, and if they win that game ... they will probably have to face the other one in the third round. If White House beats Northwest this week end, who gets the number 1 seed in the playoffs in region 6? White House or Stratford? That's an importatnt issue ... the 1 seed plays at home. Either way ... the other team is going to feel like they got the short end of the stick.

If I had to pick ... I would have to go with Stratford. I think they have the best chance of the 3. Just my $0.02 worth.

White House has 2 non region games against 3A rivals in greenbrier and portland

these games do help white house for the postseason

825393764[/snapback]

Who ever thinks playing these smashmouth teams doesn't make us tougher, has never played them. Portland has been 3A state champs and Greenbrier is well on their way. Rated #2 in 3A as we speak. They ain't a "walk in the park" friends.

Edited by WHHS1975

Greenbrier and Portland are both good teams but ... they are 3A schools. There's a phrase I like which applies to this situation. "New Level ... New Devil". Simply put ... White House isn't trying to win the "state championship in 3A" they want to win it in 4A! Why play 3!!!! ... 3A opponenets? One good one is cool, take your pick ... but 3? If they would have thrown in a Region 5-5A opponenet like Gallatin, McGavock, Hunters Lane or Hendersonvillee. Or a region 6-5A team like Franklin, Brentwood, Centennial, or Clarksville. Heck ... throw in a lower tier 5A school if you can't get one of the big boys to play ya. It's a personal thing ... 3A schools aren't going to challenge you more ... man per man then a 4A or 5A school. Don't get me wrong ... two of the 3A schools White House have played are good ... but they are 3A. It's not the same level of competition you will face come playoff time. It just isn't ... believe what you want.

Just my opinion.

Greenbrier and Portland are both good teams but ... they are 3A schools. There's a phrase I like which applies to this situation. "New Level ... New Devil". Simply put ... White House isn't trying to win the "state championship in 3A" they want to win it in 4A! Why play 3!!!! ... 3A opponenets? One good one is cool, take your pick ... but 3? If they would have thrown in a Region 5-5A opponenet like Gallatin, McGavock, Hunters Lane or Hendersonvillee. Or a region 6-5A team like Franklin, Brentwood, Centennial, or Clarksville. Heck ... throw in a lower tier 5A school if you can't get one of the big boys to play ya. It's a personal thing ... 3A schools aren't going to challenge you more ... man per man then a 4A or 5A school. Don't get me wrong ... two of the 3A schools White House have played are good ... but they are 3A. It's not the same level of competition you will face come playoff time. It just isn't ... believe what you want.

Just my opinion.

825394559[/snapback]

i do respect your opinion but.. the rivalries that these schools share are bigger than the classifications... the crowd at the greenbrier / whitehouse game was huge. this game was promoted like a playoff game... i think it helped both teams prepare for the playoffs. and as for the classification of the teams. i am sure that White House is glad they played the lowly 3a Greenbrier and Portland teams who have a combined record of 15-3 instead of playing the highly talented 5a schools like. oakland, william blount, mcminn county. henry county, heritage, kenwood, memphis overton, memphis central, bradley central, warren county, south doyle, beech, bartlett, seigle, and kirby who also have a combined record of 15 wins and 107 losses.

your classification theory is not what it is all built up to be. if White House had played any two of these instead of the two 3 a schools they would be second in their region.

of course this is just my opinion mixed in with a lot of facts.

Edited by uawake2

May I give my $0.02 worth? Thank you. I'm a Memphis guy who's favoring Melrose to win it all, so as far as this who's best in the Nashville metro area ... I don't have a dog in this fight. I know that if Melrose gets to the semi-finals ... they will probably face either Hillwood, White House, or Stratford. Nashville Overton, Hillsboro, Clarksville NW and NE also have outside shots at it ... but we aren't going to talk about those guys .... just the undefeated teams. 

OOOOOKKKKKK ..... Looking @ Hillwood ... Here's there record:

Hillwood Hilltoppers                            Record

Fri Aug. 27 Maplewood            W 34-22  (4-4) (6th place in 6-4A) 

Fri Sep. 3 Columbia Central R  W 33-0  (4-4)

Fri Sep. 10 at Fairview            W 39-21  (6-2)  (2nd place in 5-2A)

Thu Sep. 16 White Co. R        W 41-6    (3-5)

Fri Sep. 24 Lawrence Co. HC  W 44-28  (4-4)

Fri Oct. 1 Hillsboro R              W 27-21  (5-3)

Fri Oct. 8 at Hickman Co. R    W 55-7    (1-7)

Fri Oct. 15 at Tullahoma R      W 55-26  (4-4)

Fri Oct. 22 Spring Hill R                        (1-7)

Fri Oct. 29 at Shelbyville R                    (2-6)

Strength Rank: 6th

Schedule Rank: 53rd

Here's White House's schedule:

White House Blue Devils                                  Record

Fri Aug. 27 at Portland                    W 28-7    (6-2)  (in 3-way tie for 1st in 4-3A)

Fri Sep. 3 at Springfield R                W 42-3    (2-6)

Fri Sep. 10 Sycamore                      W 33-15  (3-5)  (6th place in 5-3A)

Fri Sep. 17 Maplewood R                  W 25-16  (4-4)

Fri Sep. 24 Greenbrier                    W 29-13  (7-1)  (1st place in 5-3A)

Fri Oct. 1 at <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=76&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Clarksville-Northeast</a> R  W 24-6    (6-2)

Fri Oct. 8 at Rossview R                  W 50-13  (0-8)

Fri Oct. 15 Whites Creek R              W 45-14  (3-5)

Fri Oct. 22 Northwest R                                  (6-2)

Fri Oct. 29 at Pearl Cohn R                              (0-8)

Strength Rank: 5th

Schedule Rank: 45th

Here's Stratfords's schedule:

Stratford Spartans                                Record

Fri Aug. 27 McGavock              W 20-6    (4-4)  (1st place in 5-5A)

Thu Sep. 2 at Maplewood R      W 22-6    (4-4)

Fri Sep. 10 Glencliff                  W 42-6    (2-6)  (6th place in 5-5A)

Mon Sep. 20 at Pearl Cohn R    W 20-6    (0-8)

Fri Sep. 24 at John Overton      W 18-13  (6-2)  (2nd in 5-4A) 

Fri Oct. 1 at Northwest R          W 42-38  (6-2) 

Fri Oct. 8 Whites Creek R          W 37-32  (3-5) 

Fri Oct. 15 Springfield R            W 53-6    (2-6)

Fri Oct. 22 at Mt. Juliet R                        (3-5)

Fri Oct. 29 Rossview R                            (0-8)

Strength Rank: 10th

Schedule Rank: 60th

OK ... these 3 teams have 1 commom opponent ... the Panthers of Maplewood. Three of Maplewood's four losses have come to these three teams. Let's see here ... Maplewood put 22 on Hillwood and lost by 12. They put 16 on White House and lost by 9. They only got 6 points on Stratford and lost by 16. I think Stratford has the better showing of the three. Draw your own conclusions.

White House has beat 2 good 3A teams, 1 good 4A team, and 1 average 4A team. Everybody else has a losing record. They have played three 3A opponents for their non-region games.

Stratford has beat 1 average 5A team, 1 avarage 4A team, and 2 good 4A teams. Everybody else has a losing record. They have played two 5A opponents and one 4A opponent for their non-region games.

Hillwood has beat 1 good 2A team, 1 good 4A team, and 4 average 4A teams. The other 2 opponents have losing records. They have played one 2A opponent and two 4A opponents for their non-region games.

I think White House scheduling three 3A opponents during the regular season does not help them get ready for post season. Yes, 2 are good teams ... but there is a difference between 3A football and 4A & 5A. They will get tested this Fri. when they play Northwest.

I think Stratford did well to schedule the non-region teams that they played. A weak 5A team prepares your team better then a weak 3A team. The Northwest and Overton wins are telling.

I think Hillwood didn't do itself any favors playing a 2A team. It's a good team ... but 2A is even worse then 3A. The best competition they have had is Hillsboro ... not the Hillsboro of last season ... but a good win.

All three are good teams ... no doubt. Hillwood has the toughest row to hoe ... they will face either White House or Statford in the 2nd round of the playoff's, and if they win that game ... they will probably have to face the other one in the third round. If White House beats Northwest this week end, who gets the number 1 seed in the playoffs in region 6? White House or Stratford? That's an importatnt issue ... the 1 seed plays at home. Either way ... the other team is going to feel like they got the short end of the stick.

If I had to pick ... I would have to go with Stratford. I think they have the best chance of the 3. Just my $0.02 worth.

825393734[/snapback]

It is very impressive to see the time you put into this lay-out, the only thing is that week to week you never know what team will show up and as you know the start of the second season brings out the dog in the underdogs. I think of the teams mentioned White House has the best all around team, But my darkhorse team is the Eagles of Northeast who played White House alot closer than the score showed 10-6 into the 4th quarter. Good luck to all playoff teams.

Just like uawake2 said the only reason why white house plays Portland and Greenbrier is because they are BIG time rivial games. kwc must not know about the history of these two games b/c when White House plays both of these teams it is for blood. It has been going for a long time. Even when we were in 3a. So just because white house plays Portland and Greenbrier (both 3a teams) doesn't matter. And in the spring they did play Gallatin once and played Hendersonville 2 times in the preseason .Beat them both , two good 5a teams.

Just my opinion.

825394559[/snapback]

I understand that on the whole, the higher the classification, the tougher the play. BUT, I dont care who it is, any class, any school, anyone can play up. Im not sure where youre from kwc, but Greenbrier will give you a game that youll remember for a LONG time :justwrestle: