Clarksville NE at Mt Juliet

timbdp

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think MJ will come out fighting real hard. We played with some of the best effort we have had in the 3 years under our new coach. We may have lost to Staratford but it was by 5 and they came in thinkin they were just walkin right on in to a cake walk well at halftime it sure wasnt and when they left the field after the game they were saying man those boys from MJ will come right after your ###### no matter who you are.

After a VERY impressive game against Stratford Friday night, MJ will come out to this game a' swingin'. It is senior night and the boys wil be ready to play. I am still astonished at how poorly Stratford played on Friday. They gave up a nineteen point lead to barely win by five. All MJ needed was a stop on 4th down and the game would have ended differently. I also thought it was hilarious that Stratford's band kept playing 30 minutes after the game. They are either blind or just inconsiderate. All-in-all it was a great game. I was surprised to see an undefeated Stratford team squeak one out against us "cake-walk" Bears. In my opinion MJ played like the team they needed to be Friday and really pulled together. Hopefully it will pour over into this Friday. It was a difference between one play on Friday and the coin just so happened to fall for Stratford...MJ will be out for a win to cap off this season...

THIS WILL BE A VERY GOOD FOOTBALL GAME ALTHOUGH I AM A NORTHWEST FAN I HAVE TO GIVE IT TO NORTHEAST THEY HAVE A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM THE NIGHT I WATCHED THEM PLAY NORTHWEST THEY PHYSICALLY DOMINATED THE GAME THE SCORE COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE THAN 21 TO 8 AND WHEN I SAW MJ PLAY NORTHWEST I THOUGHT MJ WAS VERY WELL COACHED AND HAD SOME VERY GOOD PLAYERS SO THIS GAME WILL BE VERY CLOSE WISH I COULD SEE IT BUT I HAVE TO CHEER MY VIKINGS ON AGAINST SPRINGFIELD SO GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AND GOOD LUCK TO THE EAGLES IN THE PLAYOFFS thumb thumb

One point or 20. A loss is still a loss (unless it is to Pearl-Cohn, right?) I thought this was supposed to be a breakout year for the Bears with the drop to 4A and all. Looks like those CATS down the road can make the 5A play-offs. Coach Winfree has Watertown in the play-offs. Lebanon will even host a first round game. What happened in MJ land? :D

Edited by bigchief

One point or 20. A loss is still a loss (unless it is to Pearl-Cohn, right?)  I thought this was supposed to be a breakout year for the Bears with the drop to 4A and all.  Looks like those CATS down the road can make the 5A play-offs.  Coach Winfree has Watertown in the play-offs. Lebanon will even host a first round game.  What happened in MJ land? :(

825402903[/snapback]

OK Bigchief, here are the reasons, or as you will respond, the excuses. Mt. Juliet has had 16 starters miss a combined 70 or so games this year, due to injury. They are currently lining up on defense with 5 of their original starters on defense and playing undefeated and playoff bound teams down to the wire, ie, Northwest, Stratford. The starting quarterback, a senior who will sign with Ole Miss has been out the last four games with a knee injury. Two quarterbacks, a sophomore and a freshman have been filling in and have done an admirable job under the circumstances. The remaining senior starters, namely, Bradley Bruce, Allen Ivey, Nick O'Rick and Wesley Osborne have kept this team in all of the last few games. Osborne, in particular, a converted quarterback to h-back to tailback has rushed for 809 yards in just 5 games and is averaging 5.2 yards per carry. He has never played tailback before. Look for a hard-fought game against Northeast this Friday.

If you show up maybe you could stand on the sidelines and get into shouting matches with parents during the game...it would be like old times, sort of a one and done. :justwrestle: :D

Edited by flngrvy