strange plays

chasd

At the westview- Mckenzie game Friday nite the officals blew a call. westview qb faked to a back in the line and bootlegged out everyone bit even the officals, the play was called dead in the line the qb was 30yds. down field with no one around except for 2 blockers. has anyone seen this before ? Just wondering.

At the westview- Mckenzie game Friday nite the officals blew a call.  westview qb faked to a back in the line and bootlegged out everyone bit even the officals, the play was called dead in the line the qb was 30yds. down field with no one around except for 2 blockers. has anyone seen this before ? Just wondering.

825398679[/snapback]

yes i have...unfortunately if teh whistle blows teh play is ruled dead/over...

yes its the old "inadvertent whistle" you have to replay the down

i saw this exact thing (QB running down sideline with ball when whistle blows) a few years ago

i know officials try to keep players from getting hurt but you gotta know the ball is dead before you blow that whistle

825400833[/snapback]

Greenbrier was lined up at the 3 yard line with 10 seconds to go before the half. They wanted to run one more play and if they didn't score, try the FG. The clock was running and Greenbier is preparing to take the snap. The ref inadverently blows his whistle and a couple of the linemen raise up. He flags his and backs us up 5 yards. What a joke!

this reminds me of the 1999 NFL playoffs, Titans at Colts. Peyton Manning was going to spike the ball to stop the clock in the last minute of the game and he faked the spike and threw the ball to the receiver. The refs blew the whistle because they thought that he spike the ball.

this reminds me of the 1999 NFL playoffs, Titans at Colts.  Peyton Manning was going to spike the ball to stop the clock in the last minute of the game and he faked the spike and threw the ball to the receiver.  The refs blew the whistle because they thought that he spike the ball.

825400961[/snapback]

I remember this one.

I remember another in a Greenbrier game a few years ago when a player intercepted the ball and during the run back, the ref inadverently blows it. The player scores but it's called back due to the ref blowing it. Boy did he blow it.... :ph34r:

Interesting call last Friday at Franklin - Kenwood. Not an inadvertant whistle, but interesting just the same.

First Down Kenwood, hand off to RB, tackled one yard behind the line of scrimmage.

Second down and 11, Kenwood back to pass, incomplete.

Third down - ball placed at original line of scrimmage, 3rd and ten - down marker moves up as well.

Most yards gained on an incomplete pass this year!

Interesting call last Friday at Franklin - Kenwood.  Not an inadvertant whistle, but interesting just the same.

First Down Kenwood, hand off to RB, tackled one yard behind the line of scrimmage.

Second down and 11, Kenwood back to pass, incomplete.

Third down - ball placed at original line of scrimmage, 3rd and ten - down marker moves up as well.

Most yards gained on an incomplete pass this year!

825401027[/snapback]

Just the opposite. Greenbrier's FB is runnng the ball and the LB comes in low just as the FB tries to hurdle him. LB hits FB in the legs so FB does a complete flip leaving the ground at the 30 yard line and landing flat of his back on the 31. Ref is standing right where he lands but puts it on the 29. I see possbile way that this could happen.