The owls are without Caldwell and Williams

owls24

Dewayne and Marcus are out with injuries and the talk has started about how people think we will act with out the 2 in teh backfield..... Hunter Hydes is started at RB which will still be a threat for the opposing team. Kyler Burke will probably be at FB..... Give me some thoguhts on how u think this will effect us and how will it go down?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caldwell & williams out = Farragut 21 Owls 10

Sorry guys, but these two kids is your offense.

825401626[/snapback]

First off are you kidding me? Caldwell and Williams are good but are not the whole team! Hunter Hydas, if it weren't for Caldwell and Williams, would start over a lot of backs in the area. Hydas has great speed and agility. He is an excellent first down back. The Owls also have some great weapons in Antonio Lansden and the O-line will open the holes for Hydas. Not to mention the owls defense will stop Farragut. Owls still win.

Can you give us any info on the Williams injury? I've heard about the hip of Caldwell, but haven't heard anything about Williams.

This might actually be good for the Owls, as long as they aren't out longer than this game; it forces them to work long and hard on the passing game, which will help them tremendously down the road.

Farragut has no offense to speak of, so this game should not be a problem. Even if the score is like 14-3.

first id like to say that i hope both of the guys are alright and ready for week one of the playoffs becuase like i said before i hope region 2 dominates in the playoffs. but i have to agree that ooltewah is seriously hurting without them. caldwell had 80 yds rushing on us in the first half, but didnt play much at all in the second. outcome: ooltewah had 88 yds of total rushing. the qb completed 1 pass all night for 15 yds. the rushing game wasnt goin witout caldwell so id say it is very possible for farragut to pull it out. however i do think the qb is much better than he played last fri. with the two rbs out i expect him to step up big and help your offense. but if he doesnt yall could be in for a long night. good luck to both teams though.

ooltewah- 14

farragut- 10

Edited by orforlife

Does this mean Burke might get a carry or two?!?!? :blink: thumb

Caldwell and Williams are a huge part of the offense, but not all of it. I have a ton of confidence in Hydas and Woods to pick up the slack!

And I hope DeWayne and Marcus are back in no time! I have actually heard it's one of those deals where they probably could play, but there's no sense in risking further injury!

Hydas, though, is not near the back that Caldwell and Williams are. You have to acknowledge that this is a real big blow to Ooltewah in their final game and on senior night.

Hydas is small, but quick. If he is hit at the line or in the backfield he is finished. If he is allowed to get outside or the O-line opens some big holes, it could be another thing.

This clearly puts this game into a different perspective, and any reasonable person would have to recognize that. With the other two, I think Ooltewah wins easily. Without them, this game is evened up a little. I still give Ooltewah the edge, but it wouldn't surprise me if Farragut puts up a good fight or even beats Ooltewah this Friday. I don't think that will happen, but when you lose to quality backs like that, it has to hurt.

man this is terrible news.. they are a great asset to our team.. i believe we can fight threw this though and i also believe it will be for the better... ooltewah will throw on them and hydas will get atleast 80 yards rushing.. ooltewah will still win by atleast 2 touchdowns.. but i do wish that atleast one of those backs can go!!

Hydas, though, is not near the back that Caldwell and Williams are.  You have to acknowledge that this is a real big blow to Ooltewah in their final game and on senior night.

Hydas is small, but quick.  If he is hit at the line or in the backfield he is finished.  If he is allowed to get outside or the O-line opens some big holes, it could be another thing.

This clearly puts this game into a different perspective, and any reasonable person would have to recognize that.  With the other two, I think Ooltewah wins easily.  Without them, this game is evened up a little.  I still give Ooltewah the edge, but it wouldn't surprise me if Farragut puts up a good fight or even beats Ooltewah this Friday.  I don't think that will happen, but when you lose to quality backs like that, it has to hurt.

825402487[/snapback]

Basketballisbest, I have nothing against you, but you could have possibly just posted the most ignorant post in CoachT.com history.

Pound for pound, Hunter Hydas is the strongest kid on the Ooltewah team...he runs harder than DeWayne, and if I was going to be hit by either, I'd pick DeWayne.

He had a huge run against Soddy when DeWayne had to come out for a couple of plays. He got hit almost at the line of scrimmage and then picked up 6 yards. So no, I do not have to acknowledge this as a big blow to the Ooltewah offense. I think he will do well up the middle or outside the tackles.