My Mr. Football Ballot

DelTavian

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you are not overlooking Peter Taylor who is 6'2 1/2" 280 lineman for Lebanon High School.

He is a hoss and a real workhorse. He pancakes his opponents, opens holes for his running backs and can push around anyone.

He is massively strong.

Many D-1 schools are looking at him and I heard he had some good offers.

Lebanon just broke into the #12 position in the state. Their record is 7-2 today - tomorrow after playing Siegel at MTSU it will be 8-2.

I would recommend Tyler Lorenz from Hardin Co. High School (5-4,Region 7-4A) as a Kicker.Punt avg. is 46 yards,kickoffs always go into the end zone,and has made 44 and 50 yard FG's in games.I will be glad to get game film for any voters who want to see this kid kick.He is special!Call HCHS at 731-925-3976 and ask for Coach William McAdams if you have questions or want film.

Josh Boyd of Camden 130 carries for 1246 yds...an average of 9.6...the 2nd best in west TN...maybe all TN (the avg that is)...all this and he shares time with 5 other backs....his numbers would be even higher but Camden is going for a more run/pass balanced offense...he also is a punt and kick returner and plays linebacker on defense...as one newspaper article put it "Camden has a very good team but with Boyd on the field they are even better."...oh and did I mention the 270+ yds against Dresden last week that helped pull out the win? :D

Edited by tamirrt

I dont know about kicker, but John Gregory is the best punter around. He hasnt had too many chances to punt because of an awesome running back in Dewayne Caldwell, but when he has had the chance, it has been a thing of beauty. Against Heritage last year he was 7 deep in his own endzone and boomed a 75 yard punt. This year he averaged 44.8 yards on 5 punts against Soddy and 41.4 against Oak Ridge. He hits the big punts in the big games. More stats to come later.

tamirrt:

i usually respect the posts you make on here.. but the one you just made on this thread is false. boyd is a great back, but he doesnt have the best yard average in west tennessee. phillip weathers has carried the ball 148 times for 1552 yards with a 10.4 yard average. please do your homework so you can back your posts better.

MR Football Kicker - David Campbell, Franklin High School

Carear numbers:

26 of 38 Field Goals

24 of 26 PAT's

108 of 154 Kickoffs for Touchbacks, hang time 4+ seconds. (38 of 43 Senior yr)

65 yard FG at National Kicking Service Combine in Atlanta to win Accuracy/Distance competiton

Identified as Top Place Kicker at UT Kicking camp this summer.

MR Football - Back 5A

Derrian Waters RB - Franklin High School

Senior Year

896 yards on 140 carries for 6.57 ypc.

153 receiving yards on 17 catches.

178 passing yards on 5 completion in 5 attempts.

11 Touchdowns rushing, 3 Touchdown Passes.

Accounts for 49% of total offensive yards for Franklin.

Accounts for 45% of total touchdowns scored.