Soccer

Tacoma

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The heading for the post is "Soccer, Another one dominated by private schools".

Why would there be a differance between A/AA and AAA vs private.

825463712[/snapback]

I am basing that on Tacoma's initial arguments about the A/AA state tournament. If you would read the first post, you would understand what he/I was referring to. It was not AAA tournament. As far as I know, there are no AAA private schools.

Edited by BigGExpress

Give me a list of the private schools who play under the AAA classification.

825463737[/snapback]

True, but we played all the top teams in the over the last four years. We have won more than our share. If I remember correctly. Christian Brothers are the only one to beat us.

Also, Bearden travels to take on the DII teams.

If you want to play for a winning program in Choo-Choo town you pretty much have to go to a private school.

In the Knoxville Area thats not true. Lenior City has been in the hunt in AA haven't they?

Edited by rigger101

Yes, L.C. played us in the State Finals. They were an excellent team. Farragut is a quality club, as well. I have nothing but respect for their program. But be careful about getting to proud, since Bearden dominated several years ago, and then didn't even qualify for state last season. Teams will ebb and flow as athletes come and go. What will happen when the new public school gets built in Farragut? Will it split Farragut's domination? Who knows. We enjoy playing AAA schools like Bearden and Farragut, even if we lose, they always give a great game.

This is why I have such great respect for Coach Pharr (Farragut's baseball). You would never know he has one of the best programs in the nation. What a humble classy man.

Yes, L.C. played us in the State Finals.  They were an excellent team.  Farragut is a quality club, as well.  I have nothing but respect for their program.  But be careful about getting to proud, since Bearden dominated several years ago, and then didn't even qualify for state last season.  Teams will ebb and flow as athletes come and go.  What will happen when the new public school gets built in Farragut?  Will it split Farragut's domination?  Who knows.  We enjoy playing AAA schools like Bearden and Farragut, even if we lose, they always give a great game. 

This is why I have such great respect for Coach Pharr (Farragut's baseball).  You would never know he has one of the best programs in the nation.  What a humble classy man.

825464229[/snapback]

Good Points. True about the Coach but he does control those boys. If U play BB for him then It's only baseball and nothing else. It has worked for him.

The football coach has tried the same thing and it doesn't work for him.

Out of 8 teams in the A/AA state tournament, 7 were private schools.

Out of 4 teams in the A/AA semi-finals, 4 were private schools.

The championship game was between 2 private schools.

Soccer is just another sport that is being taken over in the smaller division by the private schools.

825403124[/snapback]

CSAS, Lenoir City, Sheffield were all public schools. Isn't Westview also public? Check your facts.

"CSAS, Lenoir City, Sheffield were all public schools. Isn't Westview also public? Check your facts."

you are looking back to last year's boys soccer.

the only soccer championship this held so far this school year was girls soccer.

the entries were:

CAK

JCU

FRA

Grace

Anderson Co

USJ

CCS

CPA

anderson co lost in the first round.

his facts pass muster.

last year there were 2 publics in the girls soccer tournament.

they both lost in the first round.

ridgeway (over USJ) in 2002 was the last public school to win a state tournament game in girls soccer.

as for the boys,

in 2003 there were 4 publics in the tourney (1 magnet). none beat a private.

in 2004 there were 5 publics (2 magnets). lenoir city beat columbia academy for the only public win over a private.

just passing on facts. i think the meaning is open to debate. it doesnt matter much, anyway. soccer is an abomination.

"CSAS, Lenoir City, Sheffield were all public schools. Isn't Westview also public? Check your facts."

you are looking back to last year's boys soccer.

the only soccer championship this held so far this school year was girls soccer.

the entries were:

CAK

JCU

FRA

Grace

Anderson Co

USJ

CCS

CPA

anderson co lost in the first round.

his facts pass muster.

last year there were 2 publics in the girls soccer tournament.

they both lost in the first round.

ridgeway (over USJ) in 2002 was the last public school to win a state tournament game in girls soccer.

as for the boys,

in 2003 there were 4 publics in the tourney (1 magnet). none beat a private.

in 2004 there were 5 publics (2 magnets). lenoir city beat columbia academy for the only public win over a private.

just passing on facts. i think the meaning is open to debate. it doesnt matter much, anyway. soccer is an abomination.

825476364[/snapback]

Yeah, soccer is an abomination! That's why it is the most played and watched sport in the world.

the reason why the private schools dominate in A\AA soccer is most of the public

programs have only been playing about 5 or less years or no local youth

program there were only 5 teams that had enrollments under 1100 that over

15 wins tullhoma, shelbyville, station camp, anderson county and liberty tech