McKenzie vs Huntingdon

tamirrt

Tamirrit.... If you want to chest thump you go ahead and chest thump. I wasn't trying to put Camden down. All I'm saying is one good season doesn't make a great program. The only town around here that can brag is Milan. When you have 4 gold balls then you have that right. Notice I also said I'm not talking about the Mustangs and I wished Camden good luck the rest of the year. Lots of teams have a good season or two and then they fall off.,i.e., Lake County, Southside, Crockett County; I could go on. The fans in H'don appreciate what the Lions have done this year. Don't take this wrong but you're a long way from becoming a powerhouse. Only time will tell and I wish you continued success. Keep up the hard work. Go Mustangs!

Edited by Blue Eyes

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think tonight's game will be a real physical game. You'll see lots of changes again tonight on Huntingdon's side. We're still trying to move players around since we've now got 4 starters out. I really think that the Mustangs have a new air of confidence since we'll be the home team for awhile. Four games in a row on the road against some tough teams is hard on anybody. I hope both teams are injury free. Go Mustangs!

Edited by Blue Eyes

Good win Mustangs but, my very sincerest congratulations to the Rebels for a great game!! No doubt, your best of the season so far! Ya'll finally sucked it up and got into you heart and played from there.

Well done Rebels-----Now into the playoffs. Keep it up Red!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825407361[/snapback]

duckman, no doubt tonight was probably the best the Rebels have played in a losing effort. The defense really played their hearts out. Just the big long runs and the elusivness of Boo Weathers.

We had our chances. 1st drive 3 costly penalties, the missed hand off on the stretch play to Cook which lead to a score. And I think Huntingdons ability to convert 3 downs.

Still nothing to hang their heads about. I really think (by the look of the crowd) that no one gave the Rebels a chance. Traditionally at this game, you could not find a seat if you waited to 6:30 to get their or could you find a place to stand along the fence line. Not the case tonight. Was still plenty of room at 7 and no on e on the fence line.

Good luck to all the region 6-2A teams.

V&T1,

Guess we'll be goin' to Cheatham Co. Friday nite. It sounds like they are a somewhat improved team from what we saw last year in the playoffs. Sure hope the Rebels can maintain their intensity level from last night and carry it to the playoffs. If they can do that, they may well get another shot at the Mustangs!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I was only responding to the comment that started this thread "why no talk from the Huntingdon fans this week they are usually on here proclaiming their greatness." I just find it hilarious that somebody would gig Huntingdon people for being proud of their team, when they are already talking about dominating next year if they go across the river. So you tell me who has reason to be cocky a team that has won the region every year but one since 6-2A has been put in it's present form, along with winning the state last year, or a team that is region runner up, and finally gets a home playoff game for the first time in their history? Camden folks talking about another county? The only thing your known for is toe-digging and sorgum.  :P

825406601[/snapback]

You're right. Hope to see "your" team in round three.