West Tennessee Newspapers?

BrockRocks

Since there has been a good thread going about West Tennessee Announcers, let's talk about West Tennessee Newspaper and give out grades to their writers, and staff.

I can think of quite a few in this area, so I"ll go ahead, and post them, and others can chop out some grades on them.

The Jackson Sun

The Commercial Appeal

The Union City Messenger

The Weakley County Press

The Dresden Enterprise

The McKenzie Banner

The Carroll County Leader

Seriously, that's all I can think of. Now, you guys grade them.

Edited by BrockRocks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mckenzie Banner was in line for an A+ for covering the county and area high schools and Bethel College untill I found out Jim Steele no longer works there. When I got this weeks paper, I knew something was wrong. It was OK at best.

The Carroll News Leader does a great job of covering the area high schools as well as Bethel. So at this time I will have to score them as follows:

The McKenzie Banner---------------C

The Carroll News Leader------------B+/possible A

Don't guess the Banner realized how much that Jim Steele improved their paper even after all the awards for sports writing he won last year!!!!!!!!!!?????????? They should have made sure they kept him on staff! He is now working with 96.5 FM-----ESPN Sports Radio and, I wish him all the best! He is also starting a website for McKenzie Rebel sports and he told me it would be at <mckenzierebels.com>. I haven't tried it yet but, will soon.

Oh yeah, the Jackson Sun is a definite F!!!! You can get more scores on Saturday AM from the Commercial Appeal and that isn't a good mark. The Sun might give you a decent writeup on 6 +/- area games on Saturday AM and then it's off to the box scores if you can find them.

Edited by duckman38201

The Jackson Sun is awful...F and some more...Poor excuse for a sports department.

825407281[/snapback]

While we are talking about the Jackson sun. Can anyone explain their ranking too me.....the ap poll will have Camden 5 and Jackson Suns says they are 7th. I just dont get it. Another example would be the Huntingdon vs Camden game. There was this tiny tiny write up. That was a Huge game that week and maybe 6 sentences was wrote about it. Sports Radio said that was the game of the week. Guess someone forgot to tell the Jackson Su :huh: n.

How about the Memphis paper. Last time I looked they were in west Tn. The CA does a great job. What is with everyone not including Memphis in W. Tn.  Middle Tn includes Nashville, E Tn includes Knoxville, What is up?

825407711[/snapback]

Its there

The Jackson Sun

The Commercial Appeal

The Union City Messenger

The Weakley County Press

The Dresden Enterprise

The McKenzie Banner

The Carroll County Leader