2A Playoffs Region 5 and 6

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
Allow me to give you a little better picture of the Camden/Lewis co game...you stated that Lewis co is better defensively...well I might give you that 12.6 PA for Lewis co against Camden's 13.4...but Camden has also scored an avg 32.5 points per game against Lewis co's 21.6...looks like that less than 1 point difference will not make up for the >than 10 point difference offensively...and oh yes...Lewis co has beaten 1 team with a winning record and that one was 5-5 Loretto where as Camden has beaten four teams with a 5-5 or greater record...kinda gives everyone a new perspective now don't it.

825409276[/snapback]

Some teams with winning records out west are suspect. McKenzie & Adamsville come to mind right away. Lewis County will win, end of story.

Some teams with winning records out west are suspect. McKenzie & Adamsville come to mind right away.

Catfish I hate prove you wrong AGAIN...but i will

Camden avg strength of schedule of all opponents....20th

Lewis co. " ".....30th

Camden avg strength rating of all opponents............28th

Lewis Co." "............34th

Camden avg strength of schedule of teams beat with .500 or better......18th

Lewis co " "......44th

Camden avg strength rating of teams beat with .500 or better...............27th

Lewis co " "...............32nd

Oh yes and McKenzie and Adamsville both have higher strength of schedule and strength rankings than Lewis co and the ONLY team Lewis Co beat with a winning record...back your predictions up with the math catfish....now who did you say was suspect and just exactly WHY is lewis co gonna win Friday?...I wish both teams the best of luck and from all the stat pulling I've done I KNOW it is going to be a hard fought game on both sides...I'm just not writing checks on here that my team may not be able to cash.

Fairview

Camden

McKenzie

Huntingdon

I believe that Camden's and McKenzie's games will be close ones but, I expect them to win their matchups. Adamsville has come on in the latter half of the season but, I don't think it'll be enough to take Fairview. Nobody much seems to think that McKenzie can hang with Cheatham Co. and that's OK. The Rebels have stepped up to the plate now and are ready to play. They gave Huntingdon a very good game last Friday night and I thoroughly expect them to bring it to the Cubs.

catfish-hunter,

I have to agree that both McKenzie and Adamsville have been "suspect this season". Call over to Huntingdon and see how "suspect" they were last Firday night though. Call the folks at Riverside and ask them how "suspect" Adamsville was when they played. Really, I'm not trying to be argumentative here. The point is, both McKenzie and Adamsville have done what had to be done to further their seasons! Just like the 5AA teams have. Except for McKenzie's game with Huntingdon in which McKenzie was playing for respect and pride. The only thing a Rebel win would have done in that game would have been to change the win/loss records and made a BUNCH of McKenzie folks real happy.

My guess is that the Rebels want one chance at the Mustangs and that could be a problem for Cheatham Co.. I think the Rebels will pull out a win Friday night but, don't mean that as a dis to the Cubs in ANY way.

Guest catfish-hunter
catfish-hunter,

I have to agree that both McKenzie and Adamsville have been "suspect this season". Call over to Huntingdon and see how "suspect" they were last Firday night though. Call the folks at Riverside and ask them how "suspect" Adamsville was when they played. Really, I'm not trying to be argumentative here. The point is, both McKenzie and Adamsville have done what had to be done to further their seasons! Just like the 5AA teams have. Except for McKenzie's game with Huntingdon in which McKenzie was playing for respect and pride. The only thing a Rebel win would have done in that game would have been to change the win/loss records and made a BUNCH of McKenzie folks real happy.

My guess is that the Rebels want one chance at the Mustangs and that could be a problem for Cheatham Co.. I think the Rebels will pull out a win Friday night but, don't mean that as a dis to the Cubs in ANY way.

825411689[/snapback]

Hey duckman, in the past I have had much respect for your posts so therefore I refuse to argue with you on this thread. The only thing I'm harping on is the fact that the folks from region 6-2A think very little of the teams from region 5-2A, and they should considering what has happened in previous years. Region 5-2A has had some good teams in recent years, Harpeth in the late 90's, Lewis County over the past four years, and the 2002 Fairview team come to mind right away. However, they all seemed to hit a roadblock when they played the likes of Huntingdon, Milan, or McKenzie in the postseason. My major problem with alot of folks arguments on here is the fact that some of the Camden folks want to clown on region 5-2A, which is a JOKE!!! Camden has not gotten beyond the first round of the playoffs in nearly a decade, and most of their first round losses have been blowouts. The 47-0 loss at Harpeth in 1999, then the 55-0 loss at Harpeth the following year come to mind right away. Having said that, what could possibly lead one to believe that history will change this Friday night??? Camden is a 9-1 football team, so they must be good, but the key to their game with Lewis County will be how they respond when something bad happens to them. Will they fight through it and finally win a playoff game or will they go into a shell and let the snowball effect happen again??? The past doesn't lie my friend and that is why I like for Camden to lose to Lewis County this week. As far as the Cheatham game is concerned, then I really don't care how you view that prediction. McKenzie did beat the Cubs last year by the score of 35-14, so you have good reason to see it happening again. However, I look for the Cubs to defend their homefield this week and win one for the folks in Ashland City.

It wont be a sweep for region 6. Was it a sweep for Region 6 last year. No i think the 2 teams that it came down to in week 3 of playoffs was between a R5 and a R6 team.. Region 6 wont have it easy this year. But neither will Region 5. I think the 1st three weeks of playoffs games between these regions will be smack mouth football. Im ready to see what Fairview can do against other powerhouse teams.. they proved they can play this year winning the Region 5 championship last night. IT was a well played game between 2 really outstanding teams. 2 great running backs head to head. It all depended on how the defense of both teams played. Fairviews defense made 3 really big plays. 1st one was an 84 yard fumble return by fairvies DE. Second one was a stop on 4th down to turn the ball over with 3 min left in the 4th . and second was the last play cheatham had when Langley threw the ball up only to be intercepted for the 1st time this season by the safety. It was a good game for both offenses. So region 6 be ready to play the hardest football games youve had to play all year. Goodluck to both regions though for making it this far already and congrats to Fairview and Huntingdon for winning their Region Championships.

825408456[/snapback]

Last year in Round 1 Region 6 lost one game to Region 5. Camden Central lost to Lewis Co. 12 to 13. Huntingdon, McKenzie, and Chester Co. all won their first rounds last year. This year I look for Camden and Huntingdon to advance. I think the McKenzie/Cheatham Co. game will be the best game of the opening round. McKenzie is about three plays away from being 8-2. (The Region 5 championship game last week is going to loom big in the playoffs. It gave Fairview a huge advantage.) I wish Adamsville well but I think Fairview will advance easily. I'll say Region Six will go 2-2 in the first round or 3-1 if the McRebels can stop up a few holes on defense. (They have enough offense.) This is in no way any disrespect to any of the fine programs in Region Five. It is only my opinion of what will happen in the first round. When you get to the playoffs, anything can happen. That is what's so great about TN high school football.

Edited by @38320