ROUND 1: Trousdale Co. @ Walker Valley

jacketfan1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your predictions??

Go Jackets! It is now time for the new season to begin!!

825407489[/snapback]

I don't know. Its hard to judge teams you haven't seen play or anybody that they have played. I would say that Walker Valley (7-3) isn't terribly better than the rest of the teams in their region since they lost to McMinn Central (5-5). But then again we did lose to Grundy County last year.

I was listening to 104.5 and they were announcing the brackets. They said that our region should sweep the 1st round making 2nd round matchups of Portland at Smith and Livingston vs Trousdale. That would be pretty interesting considering that Livingston almost blew a huge lead against us and the Portland/Smith game last night was wild.

Best of luck Jackets.....I would hate to be a region champ and know Trousdale Co. was coming to town in the 1st Round of the playoffs. I know TC is #4 seed....but take away a slow start against LA and turnovers against P-town....and the Region would be totally different!!! Top four teams in our Region is a toss up I think....I hope we can sweep Round 1 and then let the perverbial poop hit the fan!!!

I believe TC will take this one. WV is a decent team but McDonald and Dillehay will tame them Mustangs in their own "Corral". (That's what they call their field.) We won down their last year and I see TC doing the same this year. Good luck Yellow Jackets, have a safe trip and win it for region 4! thumb

:huh:

Walker Valley is a good football team. I believe if they show up and play their best they can beat anybody. So I wouldn't put this one in the Creek Bank yet.

If I was an odds maker this would have the smallest spread of the Region 3-4 games.

Del.

825408165[/snapback]

Actually I would give Smith County vs Grundy the smallest spread. Here are my reasons why.

1. Smith County doesn't score many points. When you don't score many points there is a chance for you to lose any game. In their games against the other 3 playoff teams from our region they scored 12, 6 and 0. You can't win against good teams consistently when you score that low.

2. I have heard that Grundy is the best team from that region regardless of their record. They knocked Trousdale out of the playoffs last year so you can't take it easy this week just yet Smith County fans.

Actually I would give Smith County vs Grundy the smallest spread. Here are my reasons why.

1. Smith County doesn't score many points. When you don't score many points there is a chance for you to lose any game. In their games against the other 3 playoff teams from our region they scored 12, 6 and 0. You can't win against good teams consistently when you score that low.

2. I have heard that Grundy is the best team from that region regardless of their record. They knocked Trousdale out of the playoffs last year so you can't take it easy this week just yet Smith County fans.

825408831[/snapback]

Those are great reasons.....but Smith County plays Mcminn Central. Too bad. Portland makes the trip to Grundy.