Playoffs: Lewis County@Camden

rcombs

Round One! All the trash talk has to be put away, cuz, now you win, you stay. You lose, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Go directly home.

This is a good matchup, with the Lions (6AA 9-1) looking to gain a little revenge for last year. Oh, and guess what. This year, it's at Camden, where the Lions will host their first playoff game, EVER. The Panthers (5AA 6-4) are coming off of a so-called down season. Last year, they found themselves looking at a top seed spot, and looking at a #4 seed Camden playing in Hohenwald. This year they drop a few spots, and are now looking at one of the best teams in the West, and playing them on the road.

Camden will have an arsenal of weapons running out of that Wing-T. Josh Boyd has found himself another 1000+ rushing season, and Byron has emerged in his own right as a double threat, not only rushing but receiving also. Brian Markham can throw the ball downfield accurately, along with his ability to roll out. Oh, and lets not forget the Lions defense. Led by Heath Yoder, Jesse Leonard and Bryce Wilbanks, they are only giving up around 200 yards a game.

But never count out an always tough Lewis Co.. They have some kind of runningback in Hatton, strong all season. He had 160 yards and 3 TD's last week against Harpeth. And the Panthers D, well, didn't give up a TD. Oh, and I almost forgot. They didn't even give up 100 yards TOTAL.

Looks like a really tough matchup.

Offensively- Camden-A Lewis Co. B-

Defensively- Camden-B+ Lewis Co. A+

Special Teams- Camden A- Lewis Co. B-

Coaching & Calls- Camden-A+ Lewis Co.-A

Final Score Prediction: Camden 24 Lewis Co. 14

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a close game in my opinion. I haven't seen Camden play, but know they are a very good squad. Lewis Co. can play great at times, or they can look like a below average team. Which one will show up? I would put my money on the great team. Coach Sharp and his boys probably aren't happy about being on the road and they will come out firing. I know Camden will be pumped as it is the 1st home playoff game in a while or ever. The 2 vs 3 match ups are going to be interesting. Good luck to both teams, may you play injury free.

Alot of high expectations have been pinned on the boys from Camden for their 1st EVER home playoff game against Lewis Co and I don't think any fans from either side will be disappointed with this game....although Camden's offense looked flat against Chester co especially in the first half the defense looked great...Wilbanks and Yoder did another excellent job of pressuring the QB and some fine pass protection took away many 1st down opportunities for Chester co....the offense came around in the second half with a balanced attack that really relied on no 1 player for results...I expect Ward will have Camden fired up and ready to play these always dangerous Panthers led by their fine RB.....but I predict victory with a 13 point win by the Lions! thumb

Guest catfish-hunter
Camden will run all over Lewis county in this game. They are highly talented, well coached and very motivated team and should dominate this year's team from Lewis County.

825408380[/snapback]

I see Lewis County going on the road and winning this football game. Look for a huge night rushing from Chris Hatton. Josh Boyd from Camden is very talented, but this may be the best defense that he's played to this point all season long.

Lewis County-24

Camden-21

I see Lewis County going on the road and winning this football game.  Look for a huge night rushing from Chris Hatton.  Josh Boyd from Camden is very talented, but this may be the best defense that he's played to this point all season long. 

Lewis County-24

Camden-21

825409183[/snapback]

Chris Hatton must be very talented also...but he will also be seeing the best defense he's seen all year...13.4 PA...the best Hatton's seen so far is Cheathem and Fairview at 16.8PA and yes we all have very similar strength of schedule rankings. I look for it to be a defensive battle no doubt...who ever stops the run wins the game...unless Markham pulls a few tricks out of his bag... ;)

Camden has more than one Boyd people. They also have a guy named Yoder. He will eat the Rb from Lewis county(whatever his name is). Camden will get revenge and in a VERY big way.

825409521[/snapback]

Agreed...Camden has much ammunition in its arsenal....a FB/LB named Yoder who's nickname is "the Train" that will run all OVER you...a TE/DE named Guajardo who comes from outta nowhere with the big TD catch....the second half of the killer boyds Byron who has moves like very few defenders have ever seen....A DB with sticky fingers named Chandler who has made quite a few picks lately...and some linebackers Wilbanks, Richardson and Leonard who are second to none...and last but not least..the QB with the big arm who's not afraid to roll out and run for the first down Markham....wow I just looked over my list and even I'm impressed and I've been watching these boys for years now!!...GO LIONS! thumb

Edited by tamirrt

Alex Edwards QB for LC, has thrown about 400 interceptions in the last 4-5 games.... hatton never quits ever, the O-line for LC is decent, and if they block just above average hatton will blow it open, he has sooo much talent its great, look for Cramer to step it up well, and also Colley, and Simpson will be good on Defense as well as offense... if Alex throws smart passes and has no TO's LC will win, if the offense has 2+ TO's, they will lose.... the defense is pretty young and is missing their best LB, but Juniors Zach"Moe" Wright , and Derrick Carroll will hustle everyplay, cuz they have HUGE hearts, i don't really expect LC to win, but anything could happen, Camden did almost beat us last year(With David Sharp) as always LC will be well coached, but we'll see how it goes on Friday....

Camden Central-16

Lewis County-13