Powell vs. Cleveland

clevelandblueraiderfan

Kenny Cruze will be the QB after Helton graduates and there is an 8th grader that is supposed to be outstanding. We'll be fine.

But I will, as much as it pains me, agree with dmoyers about Powell. If they could jump on someone early, it would sure take the pressure off of having to play those huge linemen both ways the whole game.

If Powell can get a lead of 10 to 14 points at halftime, they should win. If they are close, it's anyone's game. I still think Powell will win by 7.

Edited by medman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know that Kenny Cruze's brother who was Central's QB about 4 years ago lived in the Powell zone, about a mile from Powell High School but attended Central. I'm not sure if they have moved or not but last time I heard they lived in Powell.

Anyways back to the Cleveland/Powell matchup. I believe this game and the Halls game will be both excellent games. I think Cleveland will beat Powell in a close battle this friday. They will be pumped playing on the own home turf. Powell is a very big team, but they haven't been to impressive at controlling the line of scrimmage this year. They should be smash mouth down your throat until somebody stops them. They are big but do not control the line as they should. Powell also tends to have trouble when playing somebody who is discipline and has speed. From what I hear Cleveland has tons of speed and if thats the case it's gonna be a long night for the Panthers. I have heard they run a lot of different formations and also run the wing T. If so Powell is in some serious trouble because they haven't found out how to stop teh Wing T ever since they scheduled webb these last 2 years. I see Cleveland winning in a close game and not getting beating in the 1st round on their home turf for the 2nd year in a row. GOODLUCK to both teams

Cleveland 24

Powell 17

Red Bank 21

Halls 13

Central 31

East Ridge 7

Maryville 45

Rhea Co. 14

Kenny Cruze still lives in the Powell zone, and should go to powell but his brother was not going to get to play at powell so his dad moved him to central were he became a great quaterback. But as for Cody he made no excuses about him playing bad, he just told me and zach after the game when zach called me, he said "yall just out played us tonight" so no Cody did not make any excuses but i can about promise you Cody is gonna come ready to play friday night, so be ready. Powell wins this one 35-21

All I have heard about is Cleveland and how much speed they have. Well if they have any type of qb at all the only thing they will have to do is throw short passes and let their reciever's break down Powell's secondary which wont be too hard. Because it isnt a very good one. Also I have to say fballfever knows what he is talking about because he knows Powell cant stop the wingt. So all Cleveland has to do is come out throw short passes let their speed break down the secondary and then run a bunch of misdirection plays and Powell will be finished. Also I know Cleveland is well coached so I know they have the film and they will come out doing what I said and break Powell in half.

3ball

Who are you to say what was going through Cody's head. In pregame he looked excellent. Also if I remember correctly you said in a post last week that you thought Cody would have an excellent game. Well buddy that is 3 strikes for you now. So dont post anymore cause with 3 strikes your out

Also I am gonna agree with somebody who mite rank up with the master but hes not there yet FBALLFEVER and say Cleveland wins