Ravenwood at Gallatin

timbdp

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing we haven't discussed this week is turnovers. I heard a good one on the Memphis / Louisville game last night. Halloween is over...stop giving out candy. Gallatin HAS to protect the ball. It sounds like Ravenwood is probably a hard hitting bunch so we better hang on to the football. Aubrey Ingham may be the difference tonight. Redbarron, I know the secret for tonight.....it's..... up the middle, up the middle, quarterback draw, punt. Not that Ive seen it before. Seriously, the coaches have opened things up since the losing skid and with Hall's hand recouped the passing game for Gallatin has been good.

Go GreenWave

I wouldn't want to be the one to let the cat out of the bag!  COme out to the game tonight and you will find out.  Have you heard anything about a defense chage Gwave?

825418092[/snapback]

Whoa...nope Gtowner you scooped me on that one. I can't wait to see what we have in store. And I agree with you 100% on the scoring aspect of the playoffs!! Nobody is going to just give up and many times a sometimes comfortable lead is really not enough. I just hope that we, Gallatin, has enough tonight. See ya at the game :)

Well.....trickery worked for and against us tonight. We catch Ravenwood sleeping on the fake punt and they catch us asleep on the onside kick. How we were not ready for that I do not know but oh well. This was a very dramatic game and it went back and forth most of the night. With about 7 minutes to go and Gallatin up by 14 we allowed Ravenwood to both get back in the game and then take BIG MO and sit him on their bench. I wish I could say I was impressed with Ravenwood but I can't...they couldn't stop us from running the ball and we controlled the clock for most of the game. I know that if " if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas" but we recover the onside kick or cover the deep man on third and long we win this game. That's not to say Ravenwood was not good they definitely kept fighting all game and it paid off for them in the end. Looks like Region 6-5A took us all to the task tonight...Congrats to all 5-5 A teams the scores looked like we all gave a good try.

Final: Ravenwood 17 Gallatin 14

Well, Gwave, like you said, what seemed like a comfortable lead wasn't enough to win. Gallatin played a great game on the defensive side of the ball for the most part. I would like to see Jennings passing totals. Gallatin had a 14-3 lead in the fourth quarter when Ravenwood ran a nifty shovel pass play to the TB for a TD with about 5 min left on the clock. They went for two but missed making it 14-9. They then kicked an onsides kick that Gallatin seemingly wasn't ready for and recovered. The Raptors scored again w/ 1:59 left and successfully converted for 2 making it 17-14. Gallatin tried for a two minute drill, but a stupid penalty followed by an interception killed all hopes. Great game Ravenwood! Good luck in your first ever playoff run!

As for Gallatin, brighter days are ahead. This is a tough way to end the season, but we have lots of young talent that will give us many W's in the future! Good season guys! I will miss the sound of the crowd on Fridays at Green Wave Stadium, but Gallatin is about tradition and we have had many great seasons and many tough seasons. Win or lose, they will always be my GREEN WAVE!!!!!

Final: Ravenwood 17 Gallatin 14

Well, Gwave, like you said, what seemed like a comfortable lead wasn't enough to win.  Gallatin played a great game on the defensive side of the ball for the most part.  I would like to see Jennings passing totals.  Gallatin had a 14-3 lead in the fourth quarter when Ravenwood ran a nifty shovel pass play to the TB for a TD with about 5 min left on the clock.  They went for two but missed making it 14-9.  They then kicked an onsides kick that Gallatin seemingly wasn't ready for and recovered.  The Raptors scored again w/ 1:59 left and successfully converted for 2 making it 17-14.  Gallatin tried for a two minute drill, but a stupid penalty followed by an interception killed all hopes.  Great game Ravenwood!  Good luck in your first ever playoff run!

As for Gallatin, brighter days are ahead.  This is a tough way to end the season, but we have lots of young talent that will give us many W's in the future!  Good season guys!  I will miss the sound of the crowd on Fridays at Green Wave Stadium, but Gallatin is about tradition and we have had many great seasons and many tough seasons.  Win or lose, they will always be my GREEN WAVE!!!!!

825419249[/snapback]

Tough game. Keep the faith. Gallatin will have a very good team for many yrs. Coach Lassiter is a good coach.

I thought Ravenwood controlled most of the game even though they were down 14-3 in the fourth quarter. I mean the first score Gallatin had was off a pass interference penalty, when Ravenwood intercepted the ball and returned it about 40 yards. The second score came off a fake punt on fourth and 15 or something like that. Gallatin tried to grind the ball, running between the tackles about 95 percent of the time. I thought they could have aired it out a bit more, but they chose not to. Ravenwood IS a VERY GOOD team, and the quarterback and number 32 are exceptional! If their receivers can catch a few more balls next week they could pull of another upset! Wave88 you kept saying if this and if that, well if the ref had kept his hanky in his pocket and Ravenwood had covered the split end on the fake punt, the Ravenwood would have pitched a shutout. I believe both of these teams are pretty young and good times are ahead for both programs, but don't take away from what Ravenwood accomplished they were the better team tonight!

I thought Ravenwood controlled most of the game even though they were down 14-3 in the fourth quarter.  I mean the first score Gallatin had was off a pass interference penalty, when Ravenwood intercepted the ball and returned it about 40 yards.  The second score came off a fake punt on fourth and 15 or something like that.  Gallatin tried to grind the ball, running between the tackles about 95 percent of the time.  I thought they could have aired it out a bit more, but they chose not to.  Ravenwood IS a VERY GOOD team, and the quarterback and number 32 are exceptional!  If their receivers can catch a few more balls next week they could pull of another upset!  Wave88 you kept saying if this and if that, well if the ref had kept his hanky in his pocket and Ravenwood had covered the split end on the fake punt, the Ravenwood would have pitched a shutout.  I believe both of these teams are pretty young and good times are ahead for both programs, but don't take away from what Ravenwood accomplished they were the better team tonight!

825419460[/snapback]

I am afraid we will just have to agree to disagree on this one I did not see Ravenwood as being a better team than Gallatin. As for the penalties I am sure they came back on Gallatin late in the game several missed block in the backs and holds on your last two scoring drives...look at the film and you will see the take downs by your O-line. As I said you guys played hard all night and gave a good fight btu we will just have to not see eye to eye on who was the better team. I am just curios though how many starters do you guys return next year. Gallatin will return 7 starters on Defense with the seniors being two in the secondary and one linebacker and one D-linmane. Offense returns all recievers and lose Jay Brown and both starting QB's as well as I believe 3 O-lineman.

So I do wish Ravenwood good luck in the playoffs. You guys play like this the rest of the way and you may go deep. I did like how you were able to mix the run in on us at the right time. GOOD GAME by both teams.

I meant no disrespect to The RAPTORS I just know Gallatin could have won IF we recover the onside kick. Again Good luck next week against those pesky Bruins OH wait you have beaten them already.

Myself I can't fault the gameplan. I knew what the coaches were trying to do and it seemed to work for the most part. The defense played about as well as they could have I thought. I don't understand why there was enough room to park 4 trucks between the front line on the onsides kick though. I also don't know why we didn't use up more clock right before halftime. There should never have been one last play by Ravenwood in the first half. But hey clock management has not been these coaches strong suit. I saw the game very differently then some of ya'll. I thought that we were the better team throughout the 1st,2nd,3rd,and upto the 8 min mark of the 4th quarter. Then our defense just had too much pressure put on them. We looked tired and with our offense not supplying enough help, the defense just gave out. I said before that you have to score points in the playoffs, this sitting on a lead and hoping to pull it out in the end just won't cut it. Listening to the replay, Short made a point that every team is more physical and knows what to do in the playoffs. Tackles are more sure, hits are crisp, and offenses know what they can do. These next 2 years are going to tell alot about Gallatin. But let me mention that Ravenwood played a good game. I thought the Qb would have been better after all the hype though. He wasn't very impressive through the air but his scrambling was very good. The runningback though not very big had nice cuts and was very good at seeing the seam. But the player that was very impressive was Daniel Becker. He had to have 20 tackles tonight. Right now he gets my vote for Mr Football next year. That kid can play ball!!

Sorry to see some of these players go. Brown was better than I ever thought he would be. Marvis Malone.....you had a really good senior year. I liked to watch you play. Calvin Sadler, you are the unsung one of the offensive line. Great job!! Kyron Malone, it was great to see you get to play after your injury. Loved your enthusiasm. And to the rest thanks for the memories.

Reality is we are 7-4....and we probably were just about that good. But next year....look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb

Edited by GWAVE1