Ravenwood at Gallatin

timbdp

One thing Gallatin has to have in their favor is speed on the defensive side. Not too many people have ran away from us this year. My concern, with Jennings being a good scrambler, are the defensive ends holding containment. We haven't been very good in that department this year. We have gotten experience playing some fast elusive Qb's this year however. Just not one with the type of accuracy that T.C. brings to the table. The added dimension comes with Williams being a very capable runner. Walls and the rest of the defensive coaches will have their work cut out for them.

The offense has looked a lot better the past 2 weeks. We have run the ball more effectively and it looks like we are starting to utilize the pass more when we want to than when we have to.

What type of defense does Ravenwood run?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there a light failure in the Franklin game this past week?

825411564[/snapback]

Yep, At Dickson County, on account of moisture, the lights went off then came back on, went off then came back on, etc. It was only on our side(low side) where there was a great deal of puddling and standing water. It must have something to do with the grounding rods not grounding in moist soil that allows the conducting of electricity.

We came out and scored 21 on Dickson County in the first 6 minutes and then the lights went out. The chant was heard from the crowd....Gallatin...Gallatin ...Gallatin.

We played most of the game with 2 out of 4 sets of lights!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Two more days until the official kickoff of the playoffs. I think that this is going to be a great matchup. Gallatin's defense is going to have to be on its toes, especially in the secondary. We can't afford to give up big plays, and we need to continue our good special teams. Also, we can't afford not to utilize our talent by spliting the play time bt. Shipley and McFarland at QB and Jay Brown and Ronez Harris in the backfield.

If Gallatin can allow their corners and a backer to cover Ravenwoods recievers while bull rushing everyone else, you have a chance. Franklin shut down Ravenwood in the second half by getting to Jennings before he had a chance to make a read. In the article in the Tennessean, Jennings talks about throwing it away as opposed to throwing it up, he has had zero interceptions( last six games) because he is very deliberate, get to him before he can say the word deliberate and you'll own him. Keep the Lights On, Go Green Wave!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

One thing Gallatin has to have in their favor is speed on the defensive side.  Not too many people have ran away from us this year.  My concern, with Jennings being a good scrambler, are the defensive ends holding containment.  We haven't been very good in that department this year.  We have gotten experience playing some fast elusive Qb's this year however.  Just not one with the type of accuracy that T.C. brings to the table.  The added dimension comes with Williams being a very capable runner.  Walls and the rest of the defensive coaches will have their work cut out for them. 

The offense has looked a lot better the past 2 weeks.  We have run the ball more effectively and it looks like we are starting to utilize the pass more when we want to than when we have to. 

What type of defense does Ravenwood run?

825411996[/snapback]

Their QB doesn't scramble to run, against JP2, he scrambled AT LEAST 8 seconds until he found a receiver 55+ yards down the field, who he hit in stride while running to his left! I projected after JP2 game, they were MUCH better than people thought and had paly off potential, the folks in Williamson County laughed... Their tackles on the O line are both RC or close in size, and they get clean shots at D-line when QB cuts back. Finally, if that QB isn't as fast as Jamison, he's every bit as quick and shifty... Wait and see it up close. All that said, it would be a monumental upset for Ravenwood to beat Gallatin... Like a Cardinals beating Philly/New England in the NFL. But seeing both, it won't be a walk over unless that QB chokes for Ravenwood!!!!

Hey Wireman!

There was a good article in the Tennessean about the Ravenwood program. They do seem to have a good balance of both running and passing. Hopefully, Coach Walls will have our defense ready!! I expect a great game!

Do you have anymore updates on our injury situation? Hope both teams are healthy!

FHSRebel - I too hope to see you in the second round! I know you guys will keep the lights on for us!! If my boys weren't playing I would love to see your game.

Antioch is tough!! Good Luck!

GO BIG GREEN!!