CrockettCo. AT Page

bulldog69

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our defense has stepped up in the last several games, especially against Bolivar, a team that was better than everybody expected this year. We held them to 15 yards total offense. Of course, nobody can really predict anything with two good teams like this.

These Cav fans....man oh man....and you are making these picks based on ???????????

What kind of crap is this? What do you base your picks on? I have attended every game and I happen to love football; I am very knowledgeable of the sport. Does this mean I can predict accurately? No, but I do know my team fairly well; they are able to step up when it counts, but who knows: Page may shut us out or we may shut Page out. Living in the past? To what are you referring?

Bulldogs chillout man. We usually agree on most points but I don't understand why you are being so harsh to Crockett Co. We don't need all this trash talking at Page and remember you represent PAge. Crockett has at least treated our boys good the last 2 times down. To all Crockett fans I can promise you will be treated top notch at Page this week. You still my boy Bulldog but no need to fuel the fire.

Edited by cowboys

Don't worry Bulldog, if it's anything like last year, the Cav fans will show up on the board and in the stands in full force. But most of them were cordial and the board was full of friendly banter. They're pretty cool to chat with if you want to throw around light-hearted smack.

Cav95, the Page facility, the only time I've seen it, is a nice one. Out on a curvy country road. Nice homeside stands but if you're going to go to the game, get there early. They don't allow much space in the stands for visitors. BUT, we took advantage of the metal bleachers and made some ruckus when we were there.

Greenbrier cat2....you guys brought an army. Those new metal visitor stands hold 600+ easy.

The Bulldog only pointed out the closeness of the early games Cowboys. It is important for you to know that my response was to two specific Crockett people who jumped on my case on another thread. The problem with posts is that sometimes you miss the point trying to be made....it is a light-hearted attempt to "call" out the true fans. If it missed the mark, I apologize.

All I am asking is for some info on their team. It's region 5 vs region 6. Boy, am I glad we get this team at home.

I want to talk football...... not listen to "cheerleading" at this point of the season.

There is no doubt that Crockett will be treated very well on their trip to Page.

Crockett County has a fairly young team, starting several sophomores. The Cavaliers will also be without Tyloer Mosier, and that is a big loss. I don't know much about Page this year, just a few clippings here and there.

I love my Cavs, but I have to think that at home Page wins in at tight game. If the youngsters step up for the Cavaliers, who knows. Should be a great game between two disciplined teams that should (and I feel do) respect each other greatly. Win or lose, I hope both teams come out of the game relatively injury-free.

Bulldog, I have no question Crockett will be treated good. I remember leaving Page last year and being congratulated by Page fans. Very classy. We've had a good traveling fanbase the last two or three years. Giles has the same size visitor section as home section and I would almost be willing to bet we had as many people in the stands as they did even though the travel was 100 miles away.

As for my prediction, if Tyler Mosley is out for the Cavs, I predict that Page will win over Crockett. Crockett would have to focus strongly on shutting McMurray down to keep that from happening.

Good luck to both teams but Go Region 5!!

Guest catfish-hunter

Lets review this quickly!!! In the 2001 first round game when Page traveled to Alamo to play the Cavs, when Crockett was a state title finalist, they came up one-yard short on the final play of the game. Last year in the second round of the playoffs, the Cavs had to stop Page on the final drive of the game to secure the victory. Both of those games were in Alamo and both times Crockett had the likes of Bo Stitts, Artis Pitts, Earnest Williams, and Chris Ingram running the football. Now the game is at Page and now the Patriots are the ones who have the breakaway threat in the backfield, Josh McMurray. I think that Page will win this football game by 21-points.

Page-28

Crockett County-7

Ok, I wasn't going to post on this thread, but here goes.

I have been a crockett fan for many years. This year's team has faced a lot of challenges. No, we don't have Ernest Williams this year. Yes, Tyler Mosier is out for the season with injury. However, our team took two very hard losses this year, one with Lexington, one with Jackson South Side- two very good teams I might add. We made some adjustments on our offensive line, and some on defense.

Players to watch for are: Rocky Jelks#1, Marquell Smith#8, Ron Johnson#6, and Jarvis Perry#32. Underestimate these young players, and they will eat your lunch.

Should be an interesting game. Good luck to Page- y'all are a deserving team.

I pick my Cavaliers by 1 in a nail-biter.

Guest catfish-hunter
Lets review this quickly!!!  In the 2001 first round game when Page traveled to Alamo to play the Cavs, when Crockett was a state title finalist, they came up one-yard short on the final play of the game.  Last year in the second round of the playoffs, the Cavs had to stop Page on the final drive of the game to secure the victory.  Both of those games were in Alamo and both times Crockett had the likes of Bo Stitts, Artis Pitts, Earnest Williams, and Chris Ingram running the football.  Now the game is at Page and now the Patriots are the ones who have the breakaway threat in the backfield, Josh McMurray.  I think that Page will win this football game by 21-points.

Page-28

Crockett County-7

825410821[/snapback]

Hey brink, you said that Tyler Mosier is done for the season. I'll add him to my list of reasons.