Coalfield@Unaka

kingbrian3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I meant Watson was that based on what I have heard and know...Region 2 has the better teams this season. And trust me, I am not the only one predicting a Region 2 sweep in the first round.

I do appreciate you letting me know they do play the game on the field...I had no idea.

825409608[/snapback]

Getum Tank Coalfield will win easily.

Unaka has a very talented football team, lacking only a couple more experienced linemen. It was no surprise to see them struggle at Jellico early on due to the big loss to Cloudland the week before. The Highlanders and Rangers are very capable of winning, no matter the reputation of Region Two. Cloudland has handled Region 2, and others for several years now; and this Cloudland team, though not comparable to the team that suffered the HUGE upset last year, is very physical and playoff capable.

Unaka has more skill-position capabilty than Cloudland, but will struggle if their line doesn't play much better than they have the past few games.

*Ranger quarterback, John Zimmerman must play to his capability; if so Unaka can compete with any of the Region Two teams.

Last season the Rangers played a very aggressive Midway team. They were down 14-7 with barely four minutes to go before half-time. A roughing the punter call, a fumble, just before the half, and a busted assignment in the opening third quarter drive left the injury-plagued Rangers down by four touchdowns; and with five starters unable to play, and several others hobbled, Unaka was simply un-competitive.

These top two Region One teams should not be taken lightly. To do so will result in losses by the three and four Region Two teams.

Kim Richardson