Mt. Pleasant/FRA Opening Round Matchup

mphstigerfan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on the win Tiger players. I look forward to coming over next week to see yall play CPA. I think they are the best team out of Region 5. I had a chance to go watch DCA last night, Mount Pleasant is bigger,faster, and stronger than DCA. Don't get me wrong DCA is a good ball team and well displined, but they do not have what Mount Pleasant has. Cascade moved the ball well on them, in fact they were inside the 20 at least 6 times; they just kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and penalties. DCA can be passed on, I think when they played CPA it was very foggy, so that probably helped them. Well good luck and send another one home this week. :ph34r:

Region6 will get one win this week and to get more than that will take some poor play by region5 and some luck for region6.  Casacade can dream about beating DCAMt. Pleasant has a long road to the championship including beating DCA or CPA followed by a win against USJ or JCS.  If they play like they did against Cascade all they will be able to talk about is that 10-0 season. 

In 1996 Boyd-Buchanan went 10-0 in the regular season over a week schedule(exception South Pittsburg) and then got rompped in the second round by BGA.  To play strong teams week in week out makes teams much better at playoff time.  If Mt. Pleasant makes it to Murf, they will most likely see a very good BBS team.  A team with alot of playoff experience including 2 straight apperences in Murfresboro.

825415004[/snapback]

:) You know what they say...... If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ___ everytime he jumped. But then again, they probably don't talk like that at "Privates". ;)

who was it that slammed the baseball championship door on mt p?

oh yes, it was a nashville private......oh well

825413408[/snapback]

;) Obvioulsy you weren't there, because it was more like held off than slammed. but the english you learn in "Private School" is probably different than what we learned down here. You know it's a real shame you get an "attitude" instead of an "education" at schools like that. :)

"Y'all" ready MP? let me just say it has been fun all year talking to you all on here. I'll be on during basketball season too. Lets go CPA, show them what we've got.

I'm sorry but we're not the ones missing out. The private school atmosphere is so much better than playing for a public. hands down.

825420792[/snapback]

I got a question, when you are a private school player most of the time the players are not from that county. Public, like my team I played for, Lynchburg, we had something to play for every Friday night. Not just for a region title or playoff spot. We played for our town, all the former players, the kids, parents and for each other. When you come to school from a different zone or district how do you get that, like playing for your home town. I have to disagree with you.