Memphis East

VolunteerGeneral

Volunteer[/url'>General' date='Nov 1 2004 - 04:54 PM']All I have heard is they have a big line. Anyone else have more info?

Are any coacht`ers from East gonna be at the game?

825411350[/snapback]

VG, I've seen them play twice this year. I saw them lose to MUS in the Bridges Bowl Classic that's played annually at the Liberty Bowl at the beginning of the season. I also watched them play Melrose. East has some HUGE lineman. They also have some speed in the backfield. East has 2 lineman that are 6'-4" 300 + pounds that are both gonna be in the playing ball in the SEC most likely. Those are not the only 2 big guys ... just the 2 seniors that everybody knows about. When I saw them play at the beginning of the season, they got behind to MUS and had to pass the ball and were inneffective. When I saw them play Melrose close to the end of the season, they played a more balanced game ... but they were playing against the best defense in the Shelby metro area with little success.

They are going to establish the run behind their big boys, but they will throw it from time to time. East's problems lie in the fact that Coach Randall likes to play his best players both ways ... tiring the big fella's out. I don't know why he does that ... but he always has. East has a player named Cassious Vaughn who is their playmaker. They also have a good QB in Cameron Boga. Coach Randall will line Vaughn up at QB some times and allow him to pass and run.

East has size at lineman and speed at the skill positions. This is not going to be an easy task for JCM, but JCM should win if they execute.

VG, I've seen them play twice this year. I saw them lose to MUS in the Bridges Bowl Classic that's played annually at the Liberty Bowl at the beginning of the season. I also watched them play Melrose. East has some HUGE lineman. They also have some speed in the backfield. East has 2 lineman that are 6'-4" 300 + pounds that are both gonna be in the playing ball in the SEC most likely. Those are not the only 2 big guys ... just the 2 seniors that everybody knows about. When I saw them play at the beginning of the season, they got behind to MUS and had to pass the ball and were inneffective. When I saw them play Melrose close to the end of the season, they played a more balanced game ... but they were playing against the best defense in the Shelby metro area with little success.

They are going to establish the run behind their big boys, but they will throw it from time to time. East's problems lie in the fact that Coach Randall likes to play his best players both ways ... tiring the big fella's out. I don't know why he does that ... but he always has. East has a player named Cassious Vaughn who is their playmaker. They also have a good QB in Cameron Boga. Coach Randall will line Vaughn up at QB some times and allow him to pass and run.

East has size at lineman and speed at the skill positions. This is not going to be an easy task for JCM, but JCM should win if they execute.

825411416[/snapback]

Thanks kwc...any idea on whether or not East will bring a good crowd. Melrose had a huge one last year when they came to Jackson.

Good luck to the cougars!

GO EAGLES!

825412287[/snapback]

Thanks...East has the biggest line that we have faced this year. But then again most every line we have played against has been bigger. I`m looking forward to it. If we win this game will give a good comparison for a 2nd round matchup with Melrose.

you never know about east and their fans, we played them earlier this yr and it was pretty crowded, but as soon as we got up on them everyone started filing out of the liberty bowl.. but on that note, if you pound the ball between the tackles, rawls and williams (their two big guys) will wear down pretty fast, they are way out of shape..

825413400[/snapback]

Isn't Rawls the Malcolm Rawls #9 rated OL in USA being recruited by UT among others?