Matthew Dotson

gimme3

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that Tennessee got a commitement from a kid named Matthew Dotson. Im pretty sure he's from the state of Tennessee. Can anybody give me some information on him??????

825413041[/snapback]

Matthew Dotson is a 6 8 wing/post. He can shoot the three, pass for the assist, or go in and bang for points. About him going to Tennessee i have not heard but he will be a great addition for whatever university he chooses.

Matthew Dotson is a 6 8 wing/post.  He can shoot the three, pass for the assist, or go in and bang for points.  About him going to Tennessee i have not heard but he will be a great addition for whatever university he chooses.

825413080[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. IS he a strong kid and does he have good quickness? Any additional info would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info. IS he a strong kid and does he have good quickness? Any additional info would be appreciated.

825413087[/snapback]

He has gotten stronger over the last year. On his aau team he covered a lot of big guys and shut them down. He shut down the pf on team texas (who is a top 5 prospect). His quickness is decent but he uses his other talents to get things done.

Tennessee could be a great team in about 3 or 4 years. They have Tyler Smith, now Dotson, a prep star who is about 610 250, and hopefully Jamont Gordon who i believe is the starting point guard at Oak Hill. Some of you may remember him at Glencliff the past 3 years. This team might be the real deal in a few years. What a recruiting class.

Dotson is a very good player, but definitely a Mid Major... No other High even showed him interest: this result shocks me...

Tennessee panicked after losing top commits Jarvis Hill and Joey Cameron to Auburn... I'm not sure a 6'7 PF with limited athletic ability is a good fit in the SEC... Dotson is currently ranked the #13 player in the Class of 2005 in Tennessee by unapproved website, and #23 in the State by Gomab Tn Player Rankings (which will be out next week)...

warehouse, ive seen Dotson play and I was thinking the same thing as gomab. I hope it works out for him at Tennessee but i dont think he has the athleticism to make much noise in the SEC. Dont you think there is a reason Dotson had a few mid majors looking at him and no big schools was even giving him a look until UT came out of the blue. I'm not trying to put him down or wishing bad on him because I hope everything works out but I'm just calling it like i see it. I have been wrong before though.

Gomab and NCS,

You obviously don't follow Dotson very well. He recieved frequent calls from Stanford and Georgetown. I dont know what you consider hig major d1 schools, but to me they both are. Plus Dotson is now pushing 6'9", and if i am not mistaken didnt a 6'8" forward with limited athletic ability win co-sec player of the year last year. I believe his name was Matt Freije. Dotsons game is a lot like his and i believe he led the commodores to the sweet sixteen. I hate to tell you but players with a european style are a great pick up for a team. I mean even the u.s basketball team has realized that. they lost to numerous european teams. The Game is not all about athleticism anymore. Seems to me Tennessee has anough athletes already and that has gotten them nowhere. Maybe that is just me but if you look at schools like stanford and duke they mix athleticism with just great basketball players. Guys who know how to play the game. I beleive that is what Matthew is. He has learned to do things without being as great of an athlete as some of his competitors. I am Out!!!!