How will Bruceton do against JCS?

Uscared71

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buschman,

Probably the best thing that could have happened is JCS losing that game.  Last year when they beat USJ, in their minds they were done.  They had accomplished that feat and it was hard to get up for the play-offs. What could be better than beating USJ?  They came out flat against Greenfield in the 1st round and didn't get it going until the second half. Then they ended up in the 2nd round losing to Fayette Academy when they really shouldn't have.(no disrespect to FA)

This year going in they have a chip on their shoulder losing the way they did and would love nothing more than to get a rematch with USJ.  They know that they are taking the harder path having to play Bruceton and WC and are preparing for it.  With that said, the JCS defense has to contain Willis which is not an easy task.  I hope your assessment of the game is correct.

825414798[/snapback]

I disagree with them believing they were done after they beat USJ last year. They expected to beat USJ last year, by the end of the season USJ was horrible. It may have carried over a little bit in the first round against Greenfield, but JCS played like a winner in that game against Fayette Academy. That was the greatest high school football game I have ever seen. Both teams deserved to win that game and it went into OT, what else could you ask for. Both teams scored on their first play in OT, the only difference was JCS missed their PAT and FA went for two and got it when a kid with reportedly a fractured bone in is hand, caught a pass in the corner of the end zone. If you make a guy with a broken hand catch a pass and he actually does, then what else can you do. I think JCS was definately prepared to play and deserved to win, I mean they only lost by two in OT to a team that should have played in the state championship. I would love to see them play with a chip on their shoulder because I sure wouldn't mind seeing that game again.

In further news, Orey Willis should not be compared to Patrick. No disrespect to Orey but Patrick Willis was, and still is, an unbelievable football player. I mean the guy is playing nearly every down as a sophomore at Ole Miss right now. I will give it to you that Orey is a very good player, but Patrick was just at another level. Like ctshizzle said, "[he] was a beast of a football player." Not so much for his ability as a tailback, but he was the best outside linebacker I have ever seen up close and personal.

This Camden-Bruceton rivalry is a strange bird. There's something about Bruceton. We love to hate them when we play them and then pull for them in the playoffs. Usually we go to Bruceton to watch them play after Camden gets knocked out. I guess it is because they are Single A. I don't know. Anyway, Go Tigers! I guess. And there are several fans in Camden that think O. Willis is a great young man. We hope you upset the alphabet schools and keep on deep into the playoffs.

Bruceton will get thumped 31-14.  Hey Bruceton what's this I hear about you guys dropping Camden off your schedule.  Now come on Sturdivant I know you are not the coach anymore but now that you are getting your butts kicked by Camden don't get scared and run!  I know your first 6 or 7 years over there you got thumped till you started winning and you didn't drop them then did you?

825414187[/snapback]

You have no clue do you. Due to region reclassification they will probably will not be able to play camden . There has been no talk at all about schedules yet. So before you run your mouth about stuff you are ignorant about you might just keep it shut.

bruceton will get raped. JCS 34 Bruceton 7. if my memory serves me correct a belive bruceton got spanked by 20 when they played south fulton this year  :P (south fulton went 4-6 on there extreamly great season) enough said.

825415172[/snapback]

Well your memory doesn't serve you correct because Bruceton beat south fulton by 20 points. Where is the celasis when you need it, oh thats not a memory drug.

JCS wins 42-14, although the score doesn't indicate how close this game was. They were tied at 14-14 going into the locker room at halftime, and JCS led 21-14 at the end of the third quarter. After the JCS defense held on a goal line stand, they marched down the field and put it in the endzone three more times to secure the lead.

Wow, Orey Willis is the fastest person I've ever seen play the game of football. Both teams got banged up a bit, and several Bruceton players were on the ground for a while; I hope they are okay.

JCS travels to Atwood next week for a rematch with West Carroll. JCS has never gotten past the second round of the playoff, and hopefully they can break that curse.

GO EAGLES!!!

JCS has never gotten past the second round of the playoff, and hopefully they can break that curse.

825419169[/snapback]

JCS has made it past the 2nd round . In 1998 they went to the

3rd round (quarterfinals) my oldest son was on that team they lost

to USJ 12-3.

1998 playoffs

JCS vs. Lake County W 32-0 Early Round

JCS vs. West Carroll W 6-0 Early Round

JCS vs. Univ. School Jackson L 12-3 Quarterfinal